• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

From John Pollock:

I wonder if they will advertise Lesnar match with Orton. Its also funny people on twitter wanting Orton to be Cage side in the crowd watching the match. Hell he could find Ariel and cut a shoot promo on Brock.
Maggle-" Brock's on floor defeated. OMG somebody just jumped over the cage, "
JBL- "It's Randy Orton Maggle"
Maggle- "What the.. Orton no!!! Orton just punted Brock Lesnar!!"

Dana's face. :shooked:

McMahon- "Got damn it you son of a bitch Orton, way to boost SummaSlem"

Friends...

Today i want to discuss the often quoted rumor that Macho Man banged Steph.

Did it happen or no?

Gorgeous George, Savages ex-girlfriend explained why she and him broke up.

Here is the last quote. Vince in 1994 after Savage left suddenly to WCW.
I've never been a firm believer of it but that one is one of the bits that prevented me from completely dismissing it. Vince's "farewell" was supposedly done before he found out. There were other issues, Savage didn't like his perceived disrespect by Vince of Randy's father among other things, Randy also took a lucrative sponsor from the WWF in Slim Jim and messing with his money seems to be one of the biggest sins for Vince, nothing that couldn't be worked through though. IIRC there were supposedly talks at one point on Savage coming back but Savage wanted a top role and the contract to go with it and Vince wasn't interested (and Savage wasn't exactly needed) and any of the HOF negotiations there might have been continued to have the requirement of his father (and I guess brother too) being inducted just like Angelo was soon after Savage joined WCW and was put into WCW's "Hall of Fame".

Yeah, WCW had a Hall of Fame.
Sephzilla did you get your dram class action money yet? Apparently they've been going out and started arriving today. I stand to make a boat load

I completely forgot about this, I don't even remember how much I claimed but I got a feeling I forgot a few things.

notworksafe

While working out today I was watching an old Smackdown (June 12, 2003) and I stumbled upon this after a Rey/Matt Hardy Cruiserweight title match.

s0fJdUX.png

How deep does this go, friends?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To make things clear, do people make a big deal out of the Savage/Steph thing because it's just weird mismatch and "lol he banged the boss' daughter" or because she was underage?
Because people want to know why he never came back and everyone else did.

While working out today I was watching an old Smackdown (June 12, 2003) and I stumbled upon this after a Rey/Matt Hardy Cruiserweight title match.

s0fJdUX.png

How deep does this go, friends?
I posted the other day some easter eggs from the match, this wasn't even mentioned. The fact that Matt was a computer that could be deleted. It's ovah.

korly

I'm at an ROH show right now and a man called Cauliflower just came to the ring earing a giant cauliflower. His entrance theme was someone singing "Cauliflower, cauliflower, cauliflower".

Dude just proposed to his woman in the center of the ring at the ROH show.

She said yes.

Obviously a work and an angle to get Silas Young over when he confronts the couple and tells her that she should be with the last real man. Let's see if ROH pays it off by the end of this show.

Bizazedo

Obviously a work and an angle to get Silas Young over when he confronts the couple and tells her that she should be with the last real man. Let's see if ROH pays it off by the end of this show.
Brilliant.

Kazarian intro d as heavy metal rebel. The Beatles patch is one of the most prominent on his jacket.

Adree

I'm at an ROH show right now and a man called Cauliflower just came to the ring earing a giant cauliflower. His entrance theme was someone singing "Cauliflower, cauliflower, cauliflower".

Well the Cauliflower Alley Club is the most fearsome club of them all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what's weird? PWG is this well-known promotion that always sells out. It's been around forever, and I've watched it forever. And they have lots of good expos for really talented pro wrestlers.

But I've NEVER seen a MOTY quality match out of the promotion. Ever. It's like a demo show rather than a wrestling show.

Adree

You know what's weird? PWG is this well-known promotion that always sells out. It's been around forever, and I've watched it forever. And they have lots of good expos for really talented pro wrestlers.

But I've NEVER seen a MOTY quality match out of the promotion. Ever. It's like a demo show rather than a wrestling show.

Well it's more like a promotion where wrestlers can go to have fun isn't it? That's kind of it's strength and weakness.

If you ever need a good laugh and have 100 posts per page default, go back and read a random page of the Mania OT thread. Never fails

For better and for worse, I don't think I'll ever be able to forget that event

Menome

Had a dream last night that I was a wrestler in the WWE at some big rooftop anniversary event. Because Vince hadn't worked out a deal with Damien Sandow, I was told to dress up and impersonate him.

However, much like Sandow's Mania-moment, my appearance got cancelled last minute. So I snuck into the crowd and started off a chant of Sandow's "Halleujah" theme over the match that was currently on. Because of this, Vince relented and slotted my Fake Sandow act back into the show.

I never got to perform though, as the building was attacked by Gozer from Ghostbusters.

Cagey

Banned
Anyone have any funny Indy flippy gifs or somebody getting tossed 2 stories into glass.
Watching NXT and a lot of the prolonged American Alpha synchronized choreography spots would classify as indie flip dippity do da shit if it weren't under the WWE imprint .

I love those guys...but eh. It can earn "this is wrestling" chants but the reason that chant is accurate for the spot is that wrestling is fake, thus they're chanting "this is fake fighting".

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just watched some NWO stuff and the heat they got especially Hogan, they need to do the same damn thing with Cena it would be a thing of beauty damn it. Now I know he is the money maker his merch sells the highest yadda yadda, but to not capitalise on an opportunity like this would be regrettable.

Build up the Club even more, damn it give them a different name than just the "club", shit sounds stupid. Let Cena get a few more beatings from the club, let Karl wrap christmas gifts with his hot Asian wife. Have Balor come in and decimate Cena.

Once the club builds up respectable heat turn it upside down on the fans fast and hard. Have Cena off tv for a while due to the club. Have the club mow down WWE stars.

At a ppv have the club win a big match, have them beat their opponents after the bell is rung. Cenas music hits runs down to the ring after a long setback, about to take on the club and turns on the faces of the company and joins the club. Cuts a sick promo and then just ride that shit and enjoy the ride.

EDIT: this could all happen with a shield reunion as well trying to take on the club which would help build up their heat and credibility.

Adree

Watching NXT and a lot of the prolonged American Alpha synchronized choreography spots would classify as indie flip dippity do da shit if it weren't under the WWE imprint .

I love those guys...but eh. It can earn "this is wrestling" chants but the reason that chant is accurate for the spot is that wrestling is fake, thus they're chanting "this is fake fighting".

But with American Alpha it works because The Revival beat the shit out of them 3 times now without a bunch of flippy shit.

Just watched some NWO stuff and the heat they got especially Hogan, they need to do the same damn thing with Cena it would be a thing of beauty damn it. Now I know he is the money maker his merch sells the highest yadda yadda, but to not capitalise on an opportunity like this would be regrettable.

Build up the Club even more, damn it give them a different name than just the "club", shit sounds stupid. Let Cena get a few more beatings from the club, let Karl wrap christmas gifts with his hot Asian wife. Have Balor come in and decimate Cena.

Once the club builds up respectable heat turn it upside down on the fans fast and hard. Have Cena off tv for a while due to the club. Have the club mow down WWE stars.

At a ppv have the club win a big match, have them beat their opponents after the bell is rung. Cenas music hits runs down to the ring after a long setback, about to take on the club and turns on the faces of the company and joins the club. Cuts a sick promo and then just ride that shit and enjoy the ride.

EDIT: this could all happen with a shield reunion as well trying to take on the club which would help build up their heat and credibility.

Always disappointing when you read some nice fanbooking that has no chance (no chance in hell) of ever happening.

Top Bottom