• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Chopper

Question, Wrassle-GAF. If, say two months before Rock came back to WWE, someone told you that he hadn't been WWE Champion for the last time, what would you have said?
I would have wet my pants. I have never marked so hard as when he was announced as the guest host of WM. I genuinely thought he would come to save us. And when he won his match at Mania...My God, I lost my shit. Despite some of the hiccups in the build-up, the match was worth the wait for me. The following night, I marked all over again when he mentioned the WWE Championship, but I think that was just out of habit. In reality, I see him jobbing to Cena in the future, which is something I never want to see. Someone else, maybe, but not Cena.

UberTag

At least we are talking wrestling. Perhaps we should be be breaking down the finer points of RAW this week?
I'm not sure today's WWE qualifies as wrestling.
And we've beaten last year's "what if / please save us / no more Cena" fantasy booking scenarios like a dead horse.
Every scenario being discussed has been suggested a half-dozen times in WrassleGAF over the past year.
Were they all better than what we got? Yes. Does Vince care? No.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm not sure today's WWE qualifies as wrestling.
And we've beaten last year's "what if / please save us / no more Cena" fantasy booking scenarios like a dead horse.

It my be relevant again IF Cena wins. Punk could use Cena's promo on Del Rio as a "pipebomb" to get in Cena's head.

UberTag

It my be relevant again IF Cena wins. Punk could use Cena's promo on Del Rio as a "pipebomb" to get in Cena's head.
This all inevitably leads to Punk jobbing to Cena at Summerfest, shaking John's hand as a token of respect and a big 'ole staredown between Cena & The Rock.
In which case, do the "pipebombs" parlayed by Punk beforehand matter all that much? Not especially.

Bowser

Already do watch ROH, mate. And NJPW, AJPW, TNA, CHIKARA, PWG, BJW, NOAH, ZERO1, AAW, DDT, etc. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a wrestling fan anymore. And if it wasn't for guys like Punk & Bryan, etc, y'know, guys who learned their craft in those "shitty indy" promotions, then perhaps I could finally abandon this torrid excuse for a wrestling show. Here's an idea, how about you just accept the fact that people like me, people who actively dislike the current product, are still going to follow WWE for a number of reasons. Like it or not, it's the top promotion, the grandest stage, and I'll gladly fast forward through an hour and a half of crap to see guys like Daniel Bryan wrestle, whose career I've been following for a decade now. So, no, I won't move on. Perhaps you would do better to ignore opinions like mine if all you can offer is snide remarks in the place of counter-argument.

I might be inclined to agree, it's just a pity that they're often the sort of contrived, badly acted, poorly scripted nonsense you wouldn't ever catch an actual soap opera trying to pass off as drama.

Just wanted to quote this for the new page so Heavy doesn't miss it. I want him to respond to this.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This all inevitably leads to Punk jobbing to Cena at Summerfest, shaking John's hand as a token of respect and a big 'ole staredown between Cena & The Rock.
In which case, do the "pipebombs" parlayed by Punk beforehand matter all that much? Not especially.

John has a pipebomb of his own. He knocked up AJ and Punk is discombobulated going into Summerfest :eek:

Whoa whoa whoa! Never seen Bootaaay so worked up (except when they canned the Saba Simba character) but that's exciting. Man, Bootaaay is cool as a creamsicle usually but this...

Damn Bootaaay! Main Event level confirmed.

bart jr

Neo Member
Just wanted to quote this for the new page so Heavy doesn't miss it. I want him to respond to this.

Didn't Heavy quit posting for a while because he got his feelings hurt over someone making snide remarks towards his opinions? Interesting...

Some of my favorite things posted in this thread are the 'shitty indy' videos that Bootaaay shares with us. In a thread that can sometimes get bogged down with ridiculousness(which I don't necessarily mind), he is always contributing great stuff.

Anyways, not sure if this has been brought up but I read that Sara del Ray may be brought in to also train some of the WWE divas. This would be fantastic. Not only do we have the chance for awesome matches against Kharma, Beth Phoenix, and Natalya to name a few, but now the WWE has a chance to work towards making the rest of the women's division credible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Didn't Heavy quit posting for a while because he got his feelings hurt over someone making snide remarks towards his opinions? Interesting...

Some of my favorite things posted in this thread are the 'shitty indy' videos that Bootaaay shares with us. In a thread that can sometimes get bogged down with ridiculousness(which I don't necessarily mind), he is always contributing great stuff.

Anyways, not sure if this has been brought up but I read that Sara del Ray may be brought in to also train some of the WWE divas. This would be fantastic. Not only do we have the chance for awesome matches against Kharma, Beth Phoenix, and Natalya to name a few, but now the WWE has a chance to work towards making the rest of the women's division credible.

But how can she be any good? She's from one of those shitty indie feds!

bart jr

Neo Member
But how can she be any good? She's from one of those shitty indie feds!

You're right, my bad. We need to get Kelly Kelly back to train the women's division proper. What you lack in actual moves, make up for in screaming.

I've heard that Kharma has been ready to come back for a while. I'm not going to lie, I'm more pissed that the WWE didn't let Kharma be the one to squash the Bellas before they left than I am over any of the other crap that has gone on. It was too perfect of a setup, and totally fit continuity-wise since Kharma last said she was going to take them out when she returned...which is exactly why I'm not surprised that the WWE flaked out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not even Del Rey could teach Kelly to wrestle... Not even something as simple as how to run the ropes. It can't be done.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has re-hired Fit Finlay as a producer, according to PWInsider.com. Finlay was released in March of 2011 after he allowed the Miz to interrupt the Star-Spangled Banner at a house show with several members of the United States military at ringside, which brought some negative attention to the company.

Good, that was the stupidest firing of the past few years.

The Rock being is a fan of Kevin Steen seems so bizarre to me;

"@KILLSTEENKILL - Up to a little over 15 000 followers...Watch out @TheRock! I'm right around the corner!"

"@TheRock - But you have millions of followers in spirit brother.. MF'N #ROHWorldChamp"

"@TheRock - My boy @TheCurtHawkins introduced me to Steens matches. Been a fan ever since. #Innovator"

"@KILLSTEENKILL - Thanks man! I used a People's Elbow in my 1st match ever 12 years ago.When I threw my elbow pad in the crowd, they threw it back :("

In other news, random CHIKARA 8-man atomicos tag match is random;

ibwnY8GA8JhaGa.jpg

Yes, that is The Heart Throbs of 2005-era WWE jobbing fame; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYx4y39BF80, lol.

Also, because of the injury to Fire Ant ruling him out of the King of Trios, CHIKARA's Director of Fun has decided to pick a team of ants based on performance records and potential, giving us a bizarre mix of rudos and technicos as Soldier Ant is forced to team up with The Swarm;

iIYMoOhwrsLL5.jpg

The Swarm join The Extreme Trio (Dreamer, Scorpio & Lynn), F.I.S.T. (Taylor, Gargano & Icarus), The Batiri (Kobald, Obaryion & Kodama), The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis, Hallowicked & Frightmare), The Throwbacks (Touchdown, Hatfield & Classic), Team JWP (Yoneyama, Bolshoi & Kuragaki) & Team ROH (Bennett & The Young Bucks), with a probable 8 more teams to be announced.

Finally, for UK folk, there is a one-off documentary next Wednesday following a year in the life of WWE Diva Paige and her family, The Knight Dynasty;

i3cauEDAsrYRr.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/...th-my-family/episode-guide/series-1/episode-1

Aiii said:
Good, that was the stupidest firing of the past few years.

Yeah, definitely - glad it gave us the opportunity to see Finlay on the indies and in Japan for a while though, he had some awesome matches with the likes of Callihan and Strong.

Kaladin

Also, because of the injury to Fire Ant ruling him out of the King of Trios, CHIKARA's Director of Fun has decided to pick a team of ants based on performance records and potential, giving us a bizarre mix of rudos and technicos as Soldier Ant is forced to team up with The Swarm;

iIYMoOhwrsLL5.jpg

That is going to be weird.....that team will be out of the tournament first round likely because The Swarm will try to take out Soldier Ant......either that or Soldier Ant won't make it to KOT forcing Chikara to make it all members of The Swarm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Rock being is a fan of Kevin Steen seems so bizarre to me;

Does this mean The Rock is a wannabe smark mark who likes shitty indie feds? I would have thought someone like him would know better than to pay any attention to that shit. I'm sure The Rock knows that wrestling isn't wrestling without midgets, farting divas, and dancing fat men.

Aiii

So not worth it
btw, JR Blog:

Possible NXT Championship Tournament: “There is talk of having a tournament to crown a NXT Champion which, if and when it is held, could create some amazing opportunities for several young athletes looking to get noticed with the hopes of making it to a Raw or Smackdown WWE roster.

About time WWE. Make it happen.

bart jr

Neo Member
btw, JR Blog:

About time WWE. Make it happen.

I really hope they wait to do it until Bray Wyatt recovers from his shoulder injury.

WWE needs more tournaments, dammit. King of the Ring being the obvious one. Hell, bring back WCW's Battle Bowl while we're at it.

Aiii

So not worth it
6 months? Seems a bit long to wait. Besides, they've got plenty of potential champs. Chris Hero or Seth Rollins would probably be the top picks to become champ right now.

tm24

I really hope they wait to do it until Bray Wyatt recovers from his shoulder injury.

WWE needs more tournaments, dammit. King of the Ring being the obvious one. Hell, bring back WCW's Battle Bowl while we're at it.
Nah, Wyatt wouldnt need a belt since his gimmick would get him over. The belt would be better off in the hands of Rollins, Ohno, or Steamboat.

bart jr

Neo Member
6 months? Seems a bit long to wait. Besides, they've got plenty of potential champs. Chris Hero or Seth Rollins would probably be the top picks to become champ right now.

You're totally right, and it's not like I think he realistically would win anyways. I just got amped after seeing his promos and want to see him in as many matches as possible before he gets called up and buried. I think Rollins would probably be the winner.

It's kinda crazy how NXT is the best product the WWE is putting out, and we can't even watch it on tv here.

Muffin

Neo Member
NXT is usually uploaded on Youtube around late Wednesday night/Thursday morning for those of us in the U.S.

Here in Scotland, we have to wait two fortnights.

I will wait anxiously for a slice of that sweet Wyatt micwork. Does he have Danzig entrance theme? Seems fitting.

bart jr

Neo Member
Nah, Wyatt wouldnt need a belt since his gimmick would get him over. The belt would be better off in the hands of Rollins, Ohno, or Steamboat.

Not only that, but the tournament could be a good way to introduce PAC or Johnny Gargano.

Wait... what?

Word is that WWE contacted Gargano about a contract. On another board I frequent, someone who is 'in the know' said it appeared Gargano was contacted for the possible cruiserweight show on the WWE Network. Whether that show actually happens or not, I'd imagine they would acclimate him to the WWE style via FCW.

tm24

They've apparently signed Gargano, but he's got to finish up his booked dates first and, if the news of him signing is true, he will probably drop the title to Tozawa at the upcoming DGUSA iPPV.
I hope throws a curveball and has him drop it to someone else at an evolve show or something

That's awesome news, I'm much more excited about Gargano than I am PAC even if PAC is higher regarded.

Also apparently The Rock got #ROHWorldChamp to trend worldwide a little while ago.

I hope throws a curveball and has him drop it to someone else at an evolve show or something

They had that chance with Chucky T at the last EVOLVE shows - either he drops it to Tozawa on the 28th, or to someone else booked on the 29th, YAMATO, Generico, Davis, etc, most of the other big names will be in the tag title tournament that weekend.

Perspicacity said:
That's awesome news, I'm much more excited about Gargano than I am PAC even if PAC is higher regarded.

Yeah, Gargano is definitely more of a complete package than PAC, who, while one of, if not the best high flyer today, doesn't have the charisma or promo skills to help him stand out from the crowd.

Top Bottom