• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

hertog

Look, if we're all attaching ourselves to dumb, random hosses then I'm going to be Rob Terry
zmn75qyj2t.gif

I'll take Snitsky

eldoon

I have the feeling ziggler is being set up as a roobert roode type heel
cheating to win and keeping the belt by shady means

Watching PWG - Death to All Metal, with an awesome world title match that sees Steen defending against Bryan Cage Taylor, who, despite being a bit green, is just freakishly strong and has an awesome looking discus lariat. But, holy shit, the tag title match between The Young Bucks and the Super Smash Brothers is off the charts awesome, just a wild and crazy 20 minute no-DQ match, with barely a pause in the action and the fans going crazy throughout. Steen and Excalibur are great on commentary, but Steen especially adds something, even though he's just reacting and marking out along with the crowd rather than attempting to call the match. Really fun stuff.

iBzNCk9JKsli5.gif
iXzeRyF7afDiD.gif

ibgElayAvrBFM7.gif
iCIrDO2VZTVlU.gif

Also, SmartMarkVideo.com has relaunched, with the return of downloadable .mp4 media, including the latest two CHIKARA shows for $11.99 each;

CHIKARA - The Foggiest Notion - June 23rd, Strathroy, Ontario

1. Leah Von Dutch vs. Sara Del Rey
2. Tim Donst vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Ethan Page vs. Sebastian Suave vs. Buxx Belmar
4. Dasher Hatfield vs. El Generico
5. Icarus Interview
6. The Shard v, AssailANT & DeviANT vs. Mike Quackenbush & The Colony (Green Ant & Soldier Ant)
7. Jigsaw vs. Ophidian
8. Bravado Brothers vs. 3.0

CHIKARA - Smack in the Middle - June 24th, Syracuse, NY

1. DeviANT vs. Green Ant
2. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. The Shard vs. Jigsaw
4. Tim Donst vs. Sara Del Rey
5. Bravado Brothers vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
6. Mr. Touchdown vs. Jason Axe vs. Tripp Cassidy vs. Ryan Rush
7. AssailANT vs. Soldier Ant
8. F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor) vs. 3.0, Akuma & El Generico
9. Dasher Hatfield vs. Eddie Kingston

Alucard

Banned
Bootay, looks like a great show. I've seen Steen live at an ROH show and the guy just has charisma oozing out of every pore. Great big man wrestler too.

Chopper

Finally, all these mark ass marks were stinking up the joint with their hatin' on Rikishi.
Ridiculous. Rikishi was always awesome. He looked as though he'd never left last night! Dem Usos need a storyline, stat.

I'm excited about next week's Raw, but am absolutely sure it'll end with Cena's music. I'll be fucked off if The Rock gets involved too. I don't ever want to see Cena vs. Rock again.

Finally, all these mark ass marks were stinking up the joint with their hatin' on Rikishi.

They were? that's not how I remember it, plus I totally expressed my Rikishi markout yesterday but where's my parade?!

So regarding the Smackdown Spoilers....
Del Rio accused him of being a chihuahua
Interesting choice of words here, unintentionally hilarious.
Also
Kane being dragged back into the cycle, he has yet to jump free of that romance stage

Aiii

So not worth it
They were? that's not how I remember it, plus I totally expressed my Rikishi markout yesterday but where's my parade?!

So regarding the Smackdown Spoilers....
Del Rio accused him of being a chihuahua
Interesting choice of words here, unintentionally hilarious.
Also
Kane being dragged back into the cycle, he has yet to jump free of that romance stage

Don't get your hopes up man,
sounds to me they just needed something for Bryan to do on the show and figured Kane made the most sense for a random match.
I could be wrong, but I really don't think it'll happen.

Ithil

So are we moving towards
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane for AJ or something stupid like that
at Summerslam?

I didn't read the whole SD spoilers, just bits.

Don't get your hopes up man,
sounds to me they just needed something for Bryan to do on the show and figured Kane made the most sense for a random match.
I could be wrong, but I really don't think it'll happen.
It's either this or Christian i'd wager, of course it could always be someone entirely new... *cue the Ambrose Alarm*
This Ambrose fella better be the best wrestler of all time, you people have built his hype up, shame his name sucks but that's the WWE naming machine for you.

So are we moving towards
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane for AJ or something stupid like that
at Summerslam?

I didn't read the whole SD spoilers, just bits.

The cycle would dictate as such but it's just guess work right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, I'm thinking babyface Bryan w/ AJ vs. Barrett at SummerSlam actually.
The Christian thing is probably set-up for the IC-title match at Raw 1000? And no, nay-sayers, not because they're depushing Bryan, but because the two of them are probably gonna have a stellar 10-minute bout at that show and they want to convince the casual crowd to tune in after Raw 1000 so they're bringing their A-game.

Ithil

It's either this or Christian i'd wager, of course it could always be someone entirely new... *cue the Ambrose Alarm*
This Ambrose fella better be the best wrestler of all time, you people have built his hype up, shame his name sucks but that's the WWE naming machine for you.

The cycle would dictate as such but it's just guess work right now.

He's a good wrestler with awesome psychology and ring presence (he acts/moves like no one else), but he's fantastic on the mic, one of the best young guys there is.

Ithil

Actually, I'm thinking babyface Bryan w/ AJ vs. Barrett at SummerSlam actually.
The Christian thing is probably set-up for the IC-title match at Raw 1000? And no, nay-sayers, not because they're depushing Bryan, but because the two of them are probably gonna have a stellar 10-minute bout at that show and they want to convince the casual crowd to tune in after Raw 1000 so they're bringing their A-game.

I'd really rather
Barrett went straight up against Sheamus

Entropia

No One Remembers
As someone who started watching again 3 weeks due to lack to decent shows, here's my take on the current wrestlers (not been a follower since around 2002)

CM Punk - Really likeable guy but as a WWE wrestler and champ? Dull Dull Dull.
YesYesYesguy - Crap. Awful. Nothing about him at all and worst gimmick ever.
Alberto Del Rio - Fucking awesome old school style douche.
Shamus - Very similar to CM. Nice guy but fucking boring.
Zack - Really funny and a throwback to oldstyle WWF IMO
Heath Slater - I'm guessing he's really new? Has a lot of future comedy value.
Ziggler guy - Not seem much of him but another no-hoper?

Older guys

Big Show - Same as always, like his new audience hating plot
Kane - Is there really any need for him to still be around?
Jericho - Underused. He's the best they have but he needs someone decent to feud against
HHH - Always was shit, glad he's not around much.
Lesner - Not got much hope for him. Bland Generic meat head?
The Rock - Need to make more appearances
Cena - Preferred it when he used to wrap. Seems pretty dull and burned out of ideas.

Babes - In general, not many?

Eve - Hottest wrestling babe ever!
AJ - has that hot Jessica Alba thing going on

Entropia

No One Remembers
1. John Cena, won MITB last week and had the honor/respect to Punk to announce that he would challenge him next week rather than do a run in .
2. Dolph Ziggler, won the other MITB match and is now feuding with Jericho.
3. Ryback, the unfeedable monster.
4. The Big Show, is a wrecking machine right now.
5. Santino Marella, still the reigning United States champion and showing no signs of slowing down.

Chopper

5. AW
4. Jericho
3. Ziggler
2. Bryan
1. Rikishi

Ryback would be on there if he hadn't started taking offense. And Punk's already champ, so he doesn't need my praise. So, yeah. I'm sure it will change massively after next week.

Linkified

He's a good wrestler with awesome psychology and ring presence (he acts/moves like no one else), but he's fantastic on the mic, one of the best young guys there is.

Which means WWE will have him do cross-chops and then go for an ankle lock and get a submission in seconds.

Ithil

Fave Five:

1. Dolph Ziggler - MITB win and feud with Jericho coming
2. Daniel Bryan - Face turn possible, but he's still consistently the most fun person to watch on the roster
3. Chris Jericho - Back in the saddle.
4. AW/PTP - Totally cheating with three guys here, but they're making me laugh a lot.
5. Damien Sandow - Forsooth!

HM:
- Heath Slater, prepare for trouble! I never thought I'd find him here.
- AJ. Still awesome, despite getting a increasingly silly storyline.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Serious list:

1. Ziggler
2. D.Brine
3. Jericho
4. Punk
5. Rhodes

It's hard for me to put someone like Rhodes on here when he's doing jack shit. I mean it was either him or Ziggler that wins the MITB match, but he's probably going to be floating around not doing anything for the time being which sucks.

Honorable mentions to AW/PTP and Slater.

I'm pretty sure my fave 5 never changes these days

1. Kane: Because Kane
2. Wade Barrett: The only one of these newer chaps that i'm 100% behind
3. Cody Rhodes: he'll get his gimmick back one day right guys? guys?
4. Sin Cara: he'll stop botching one day right guys? guys?
5. Kofi Kingston: he'll break through that glass ceiling one day right guys? guys?

HM: Punk, Bryan, Ziggles

Sokantish

Serious list:

1. Ziggler
2. D.Brine
3. Jericho
4. Punk
5. Rhodes

It's hard for me to put someone like Rhodes on here when he's doing jack shit. I mean it was either him or Ziggler that wins the MITB match, but he's probably going to be floating around not doing anything for the time being which sucks.

Honorable mentions to AW/PTP and Slater.

That's pretty much my list for now. Let's hope Damien Sandow gets more matches and an actual fued. Then you can take Jericho off the list and place Damien there

Kaladin

CHIKARA - The Foggiest Notion - June 23rd, Strathroy, Ontario

1. Leah Von Dutch vs. Sara Del Rey
2. Tim Donst vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Ethan Page vs. Sebastian Suave vs. Buxx Belmar
4. Dasher Hatfield vs. El Generico
5. Icarus Interview
6. The Shard v, AssailANT & DeviANT vs. Mike Quackenbush & The Colony (Green Ant & Soldier Ant)
7. Jigsaw vs. Ophidian
8. Bravado Brothers vs. 3.0

CHIKARA - Smack in the Middle - June 24th, Syracuse, NY

1. DeviANT vs. Green Ant
2. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. The Shard vs. Jigsaw
4. Tim Donst vs. Sara Del Rey
5. Bravado Brothers vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
6. Mr. Touchdown vs. Jason Axe vs. Tripp Cassidy vs. Ryan Rush
7. AssailANT vs. Soldier Ant
8. F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor) vs. 3.0, Akuma & El Generico
9. Dasher Hatfield vs. Eddie Kingston

What would be a good time for Chikara this weekend?

Ithil

That's pretty much my list for now. Let's hope Damien Sandow gets more matches and an actual fued. Then you can take Jericho off the list and place Damien there

I'd recommend putting him against Christian for the IC title. While Santino and the US title makes sense from a character perspective, the US title is a black hole and Santino more so.

Chopper

I'd recommend putting him against Christian for the IC title. While Santino and the US title makes sense from a character perspective, the US title is a black hole and Santino more so.
They should re-start up that gimmick he had for a bit where he sort of "discovered" his wrestling powers. If he ditched the cobra stuff, I see no reason why Santino, as a performer, couldn't build up the US title over time. I think he's very good at what he does. It's just the material he's given is dreadful.

Top Bottom