• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

*sigh*

2006 was such a better time.

You mean the year where every week of smackdown started the same way with a promo into brawl setup, out trots Teddy Long because it's gonna be A TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA!
IT'S GONNA BE FINLEY AND KING BOOKER VERSUS BOBBY LASHLEY AND........
DA ANIMAL BATISTA!
Cole: OH MY!

Well actually it was still better.

bangai-o

Banned
5gTWB.jpg

what is happenign here

Better then the last four years!

Hmm... 08+09 were quite a bit better than 06. 2010 sort of went in waves of bad and good, but overall it was worse than 2006. 2011 was a really really bad year with a few very very bright spots, Money in the Bank 2011 will be talked about for a very long time.

2012 is... different. I think they're putting on some of the absolute worst Monday Night Raw ever and Smackdown! has lost it's identity as an alternative to the Raw product (it is basically Raw lite with a better undercard), but they're cranking out some very enjoyable Pay-Per-Views. The one kicker is that John Cena is closing out every single (otherwise good) PPV's which is leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

what is happenign here

It's a picture of the thread going into repeats.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
2012 would be bucketloads better if they just laid off the damned squash matches. Brodus, Ryback, Tensai, Sandow, that russian guy. Who freaking needs to see 3-5 squash match every damned week? Does anyone actually like these matches? Does squashing some unknown week after week make people think they are legitimate? Sure Brodus got over because of his entrance, Ryback got over because of his two at a time finisher, and Sandow maybe getting over because of his mic work, but its seems like all these guys would be better off if they fueded with someone that matters, even if they have to lose because of it.

I'm hesitant to put Heath Slater in that list for obvious reasons, but it is at the end of the day another squash match and is one of the reasons the only time we get 1 legitimate match every tv hour, and at least 2 of those legitimate matches per week are by Shamus or Cena which just makes it worse.

If it wasn't for punk and bryan there would be exclusively 4 types of matches on TV: complete squash, tag match completely centered around one or two hot tags, top face hulk hogan match, and diva. Hell its to a point where I take a diva match over those, at least there you can't predict every single last momentum change throughout the whole match.

This is why I need to switch to TNA, I don't know why I have such a hard time doing it. Maybe because I find it harder to just ignore about everything thats going on, and I can't handle full concentration on 2 hours a week of wrestling where on wwe all i have to worry about is two matches a week. That or I don't want to learn who everyone is.

G-Fex

IVE HAD IT

I've had it up to here with you Soul.

I'm going to stand here right in front of you, blocking your way.
GFAr7l.jpg

I'm not going to let you continue

Ithil

2012 would be bucketloads better if they just laid off the damned squash matches. Brodus, Ryback, Tensai, Sandow, that russian guy. Who freaking needs to see 3-5 squash match every damned week? Does anyone actually like these matches? Does squashing some unknown week after week make people think they are legitimate? Sure Brodus got over because of his entrance, Ryback got over because of his two at a time finisher, and Sandow maybe getting over because of his mic work, but its seems like all these guys would be better off if they fueded with someone that matters, even if they have to lose because of it.

I'm hesitant to put Heath Slater in that list for obvious reasons, but it is at the end of the day another squash match and is one of the reasons the only time we get 1 legitimate match every tv hour, and at least 2 of those legitimate matches per week are by Shamus or Cena which just makes it worse.

If it wasn't for punk and bryan there would be exclusively 4 types of matches on TV: complete squash, tag match completely centered around one or two hot tags, top face hulk hogan match, and diva. Hell its to a point where I take a diva match over those, at least there you can't predict every single last momentum change throughout the whole match.

This is why I need to switch to TNA, I don't know why I have such a hard time doing it. Maybe because I find it harder to just ignore about everything thats going on, and I can't handle full concentration on 2 hours a week of wrestling where on wwe all i have to worry about is two matches a week. That or I don't want to learn who everyone is.

Russian guy?

Chopper

Anyone in the UK see the documentary on Channel 4 tonight about Britani "Paige" Knight and her brother's tryouts for the WWE. Verrrry interesting. Apparently she's been briefed to resemble the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" character. A computer nerdy mysterious type. She looks to be quite a talent. D

IVE HAD IT

I've had it up to here with you Soul.

I'm going to stand here right in front of you, blocking your way.
GFAr7l.jpg

I'm not going to let you continue

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE KOG. How dare you go around causing trouble in our wrestling thread! And I know you are working for Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa and I know they put you up to causing trouble in our wrestling thread.

G-Fex

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE KOG. How dare you go around causing trouble in our wrestling thread! And I know you are working for Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa and I know they put you up to causing trouble in our wrestling thread.

Actually I am in the employment of Hollywood Hogan and Nash.

And we're here to tell you that you're next.

*cue music*

Top Bottom