• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

RBH

20120713_EP_LIGHT_invasion_C_homepage.jpg

WWE.com article on the WCW/ECW Invasion:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw-ecw-invasion

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
This is still one of the best moments in WWE/F/Whatever history.

RAW was not live on Sky Sports at the time - and I think I heard a bit about what happened beofre I saw it (that Friday), but I still freaked the fuck out.

It is a shame things got so fucked up, and Steph sang 'Wind Beneath my Ring' with Austin and the whole thing went to crap.

Same exact experience for me, right up to the disapointment for the whole angle, but we still got some great moments out of it.

I always loved ECW (amusingly for the wrestling, not the hardcore/extreme), but I was never a fan of Heyman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtGkdsZHPw&feature=player_detailpage#t=86s made me a fan.

eldoon

Ok im confused
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482826&page=15
Is there an invasion happening some people have jumped ship

-HYPE LEVEL 1000

WWE Superstar Chris Jericho has taken to the video messaging website Tout.com to post a video on the set of the new Fozzy music video for their song Sandpaper.

In the 15-second video, Jericho claims that he will make a "bold statement" on Monday night's special 1000th episode of WWE RAW, which he says he feels he's being overlooked for. Jericho also says he will be "the one they're going to be talking about when it's through."

If RAW stays at 3 hours all the way to #RAW2000, and WrassleGAF watches every single episode from today on, then that is an accumulative 125 days of watch wrestling!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
John Cena will be 54!!

If Hogan can do it in another company, so can Cena. I'm sure he'll have something equal to No Holds Barred by then as well.

psh. ill be living one of Jupiter's moon colonies with my android wife Maryse model by then. will care less about earth tv shows.

As long as you still care then, just like Big Show's brain in a robot; Big Bot the feuding giant space forklift.

Got my hands on three REINA shows from 2012 thanks to http://www.ivpvideos.com - only $1.50 a download. Anyway, the 01/15 show has an awesome 2/3 falls title match for the CMLL Womens Title between defending champion Hailey Hatred and the challenger Ayumi Kurihara. Hatred is carving out a real career for herself in the joshi wrestling scene, but because she's not in the states all that often, and because joshi is hard to come by in this day and age, I often forget how good Hatred really is. She plays the powerful gaijin role well, and her offence looks great against the smaller Kurihara. Ayumi's no slouch though, repeatedly surprising Hailey with her speed and agility as she tries to turn the match in her favour. If there's one thing I could criticise, it's Ayumi's selling. In front of a particularly lively crowd you'd have expected Ayumi to evoke more sympathy, as she's often having to fight from under the much more powerful Hatred, but for much of the match the crowd is still split 50/50. The finishing sequence was a bit over the top too, one too many head-drops, but it made Hatred look strong. Still, despite my nitpicking, this is easily one of the best women's matches I've seen all year, well worth the asking price. Here's a few .gif's;

iU3hRpKUisDWv.gif

iPM61EExBwJCk.gif

iWthUTyVCvCBe.gif

That was his old theme? WHY DIDN'T HE GET TO KEEP IT?!

Oh yeah I played through Asura's Wrath too. Didn't pay for the DLC ending though. That game was crazy, in an amazingly awesome way. I have never seen One Piece though
You know the DLC ending manages to out crazy the crazy.

Just another reason why Luffy V. Crocodile was such an awesome fight.
Coming to think of it I never went back to watch this after seeing the 4 kids abomination version of it as a kid (using the powers of sweat!), went back to read it? yes, watch it? no. I may rectify this for the awesome music.

This is still one of the best moments in WWE/F/Whatever history.

RAW was not live on Sky Sports at the time - and I think I heard a bit about what happened beofre I saw it (that Friday), but I still freaked the fuck out.

It is a shame things got so fucked up, and Steph sang 'Wind Beneath my Ring' with Austin and the whole thing went to crap.
Don't talk shit about Austin Appreciation Night! one of the greatest of all Raw episodes.

I'm surprised that we haven't had Heath Slater say 'I spit in the face of people who want to be cool' and have Carlito come out.
I remember thinking that he'd be big someday, how wrong I was!

Dates and participants set for the 2012 Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla Battle of Los Angeles - this year's iteration of the prestigious singles tournament will take place on September 1st, and the twelve competitors are...

• Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

Promos from Sami Callihan; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y43e8EV-4k and Willie Mack; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzoDlaEXFA

Daaaaaaaaaaam, what a line-up. Hoping to see Ricochet vs Elgin. Generico vs Drake could be cool, or Edwards vs Sami. Nice job PWG.

Got my hands on three REINA shows from 2012 thanks to http://www.ivpvideos.com - only $1.50 a download. Anyway, the 01/15 show has an awesome 2/3 falls title match for the CMLL Womens Title between defending champion Hailey Hatred and the challenger Ayumi Kurihara. Hatred is carving out a real career for herself in the joshi wrestling scene, but because she's not in the states all that often, and because joshi is hard to come by in this day and age, I often forget how good Hatred really is. She plays the powerful gaijin role well, and her offence looks great against the smaller Kurihara. Ayumi's no slouch though, repeatedly surprising Hailey with her speed and agility as she tries to turn the match in her favour. If there's one thing I could criticise, it's Ayumi's selling. In front of a particularly lively crowd you'd have expected Ayumi to evoke more sympathy, as she's often having to fight from under the much more powerful Hatred, but for much of the match the crowd is still split 50/50. The finishing sequence was a bit over the top too, one too many head-drops, but it made Hatred look strong. Still, despite my nitpicking, this is easily one of the best women's matches I've seen all year, well worth the asking price.

I've gotten to see Hailey live in person a couple of times thanks to AIW and the Girls Night Out cards they have every other month. I'm going to have to agree with everything you just said Bootaaay, and with Sara Del Ray possible leaving for the E we may have a new Queen of wrestling on the indies. In fact it seems like the passing of the torch might happen on August 4th live in Cleveland at Girls Night Out 7 when this match takes place.

sm_DELREYvsHATRED.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I ALWAYS hated Carlito. Remember when his fat ass did that springboard move as slow as molasses and thought it made him look athletic

Top Bottom