• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

I ALWAYS hated Carlito. Remember when his fat ass did that springboard move as slow as molasses and thought it made him look athletic

But if he brought out a canvas, and painted some 'Happy Little Trees' before every match, it could be just what is needed for him to break the glass ceiling.

In fact it seems like the passing of the torch might happen on August 4th live in Cleveland at Girls Night Out 7 when this match takes place.

sm_DELREYvsHATRED.jpg

Oh wow, that should be a ridiculously awesome match - I just recently watched GNE VI, actually. Really enjoyed Hailey vs Jenny Rose, Sara vs Veda and the No DQ match between Allysin Kay & Mia Yim. Definitely going to check out more AIW womens shows in the future.

I know I'm late to this but I'm just watching the documentary about the Knight family, it's interesting and surprising they Paige actually made it really but glad she has

Edit - what a shithole their house is, there appears to be mould on the ceiling

so like this RKO as well then? Orton must have some kind of pincer grip to deal the damage.

... I don't know what you're talking about. Obviously Orton used the three-quarter facelock to mask his true counter-attack: pressing the channeling points in Bourne's neck. At some point, he must have seen someone use Hokuto Shinken, and incorporated that aspect of it into his technique for the RKO. Those hypermobile shoulders are as much of an advantage as they are a curse!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm still mad that we didn't get a single goddamn Ace Crusher out of that entire John Laurenitis story line.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I know I'm late to this but I'm just watching the documentary about the Knight family, it's interesting and surprising they Paige actually made it really but glad she has

Edit - what a shithole their house is, there appears to be mould on the ceiling

The Knight family????

Edit: Remember the Tough Enough winner's crackhouse?

The Knight family????

Edit: Remember the Tough Enough winner's crackhouse?

Paige from NXT is from a family of British wrestlers who were the focus of a documentary recently

They run a promotion but seemed only a handful of people were turning up

Paige and her brother auditioned at the same time for WWE but he didn't have the physique but got to be squashed by the big show on Smackdown

Wow at Sheamus' house what century did he grow up in?

sajj316

Anyone else hyped for RAW?

I can't believe I'm so hyped. It's been a while.

I am very hyped for it. I'm assuming this RAW will lay the foundation for future RAWs and the E's direction going forward. I'm hoping they debut some new blood as well. Dean .. please save us!

Aiii

So not worth it
They're once again announcing a new era.

Which means either nothing is changing, or something big is planned.

I'm gonna stay positive and say Cena is losing and we're seeing a new top heel by the end of the night. Yay excitement!

Aiii

So not worth it
It's gonna be the Paul Heyman era, where he takes control of Raw AND Smackdown and terrorizes the shows with his stable of Punk, Lesnar and Ambrose w/ AJ.

Of course!

Happy thoughts!

It's gonna be the Paul Heyman era, where he takes control of Raw AND Smackdown and terrorizes the shows with his stable of Punk, Lesnar and Ambrose w/ AJ.

Of course!

Happy thoughts!

That's a happy thought excepting Ambrose, who totally sucks.

We'll see how he ends up. WWE has a way of staining good people.

Anyone else hyped for RAW?

I can't believe I'm so hyped. It's been a while.

Weirdly I am. I fully expect to be let down too.

At three hours, I feel the show will be a chore to watch, and will probably be best watch recorded, so I can fast-forward 50% of it. If they start a decent new storyline though I will be happy enough

They should be getting lots of old viewers watching tonight, and a decent rating - so they should do something to hold on to those that are just coming back to check things out.

I said they same thing for Rock's Birthday show last year, but that ended up the complete opposite of what it should have been

Weirdly I am. I fully expect to be let down too.

At three hours, I feel the show will be a chore to watch, and will probably be best watch recorded, so I can fast-forward 50% of it. If they start a decent new storyline though I will be happy enough

They should be getting lots of old viewers watching tonight, and a decent rating - so they should do something to hold on to those that are just coming back to check things out.

The thing is about tonight, it almost sounds like they have TOO MUCH good shit to have tonight and no time to piss away. Should be good.

I am just a little bit. I hope they pull out the nostalgia factor big time on this show.

I really hope that is not all they do.

They can do some nostalgia, but they need to let some of their new guys build something from that.

During The Rock's Birthday show, it was nice to send people away happy, but that party gave people no reason to come back the week after.

Aiii

So not worth it
This show will deliver, I've no doubt. They've been preparing for ages for it, and so many old stars are coming back it will be good no matter what.

The rest of the 3-hour shows, not so much. I give it 6 months till they're back to two.

UberTag

Here you guys go again. Foolishly getting your hopes up about fabled "change". (We're kicking things off with Triple H and ending with Cena like usual.)
Listen, I think tonight's RAW will be decent but if you're thinking this will translate into a completely different WWE going forward with some huge shakeup, well... good luck with that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This show will deliver, I've no doubt. They've been preparing for ages for it, and so many old stars are coming back it will be good no matter what.

The rest of the 3-hour shows, not so much. I give it 6 months till they're back to two.

Yeah, individually this show will be considered "good", especially in the context of the Raws we have recently.

But, going forward I'm concerned how well these 3 hour Raws are going to work especially given that the mid/under-cards have very little to no stories going on.

Here you guys go again. Foolishly getting your hopes up about fabled "change". (We're kicking things off with Triple H and ending with Cena like usual.)
Listen, I think tonight's RAW will be decent but if you're thinking this will translate into a completely different WWE going forward with some huge shakeup, well... good luck with that.

We know what's coming. I am 95% sure the show will end on Cena's music. I have no illusions.

I hope we see some good, solid new debuts though. Now's a great launchpad towards new talent.

Aiii

So not worth it

From now on your nickname shall be Mr. DoomAndGloom.

And yes Cena will end the show. Also, Punk will. Remember thetwo great matches those two had last year? It will be great, regardless of the outcome.

And yes Cena will end the show. Also, Punk will. Remember thetwo great matches those two had last year? It will be great, regardless of the outcome.

I remember Cena getting an incredible 5-star match out of Bork Laser at Extreme Rules. He can do it. Seriously, whoever the agents were on that match were amazing. A shame about the post-match bullshit.

Top Bottom