• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Kaladin

"Raw is live, and it's live right up until we're done, which means we're changing stuff," says Levesque, who will flip the script on the fly depending on crowd reaction. "The reality of our business is fans control the content. They control who's the most popular, who's the most hated, because we really go where they're going."

kovJ6.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane's see-through bra looks terrible. How could they have him wearing a bra like that
It's arguably his best outfit.

I want more of behind the scenes Glenn! I want more interviews of random guys talking about how nice he is! You say the fans control the show? Give me what I want!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Stone Cold was not written for the show because he's filming a shitty movie and didn't know if he could leave for the night. If he does show up, they re-write the show.

Kyoufu

Stone Cold was not written for the show because he's filming a shitty movie and didn't know if he could leave for the night. If he does show up, they re-write the show.

Oh, so Punk is dropping the title for another Rock/Cena build up ok why the fuck am I hyped again?

Kaladin

From the Observer:

ROH Stuff

ROH just hasn't been the same since Sapolsky left. He's the best indie booker going and I guess ROH is content with allowing him to build a promotion that looks like it will eventually over-take Ring of Honor.

Sokantish

Seems like there is way too many people showing up. 3 hours isn't gonna be long enough to have anything actually meaningful happen is it?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Seems like there is way too many people showing up. 3 hours isn't gonna be long enough to have anything actually meaningful happen is it?

it will be near 4 hours. YouTube preshow and WWE told USA they plan on a 15-20 minute overrun.

Kaladin

Preview for this week's Impact Wrestling:

- Thursday's IMPACT- TNA debut of Chavo Guerrero! The wrestling world will hear from Chavo for the first time!

- This past week, The Aces and 8s gang unleashed a path of destruction on IMPACT WRESTLING! What will be the fallout on Thursday night? Will the mysterious group continue to make IMPACT their personal war zone?

- Two HUGE "Bound For Glory Series" matches are scheduled for the broadcast: AJ Styles vs. James Storm and Kurt Angle vs. Bully Ray

- In Knockouts tag team action, Mickie James teams with Tara to battle Gail Kim and Madison Rayne

- New X Division Champion Zema Ion will defend his title on Thursday's IMPACT

- Recent TNA Gut Check contestant Sam Shaw will get a second chance to prove himself on Thursday, after he was attacked by The Aces & 8s gang this past week
All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE!

Those two BFG matches should be good.

Sokantish

Well the wedding will probably take 30 minutes and then John Cena will give a 20 minute promo, then the Rock will give a 20 minute promo. Then lets not forget commercials! Oh man, plus there might be wrestling... gross... who knows how much time that will take up. Maybe 30 minutes

ROH just hasn't been the same since Sapolsky left. He's the best indie booker going and I guess ROH is content with allowing him to build a promotion that looks like it will eventually over-take Ring of Honor.

I think DGUSA will overtake ROH only because of how far ROH has fallen and how far the promotion is probably going to fall in the future. Also, it's pretty telling that Gabe supposedly proposed a return to the company, and maybe an indication that he sees little chance for further growth with DGUSA, which, while in a better state quality-wise than ROH, has its own set of problems, some of which it is sharing with all other indies, such as the lack of talent widely available, and some of which are unique to DGUSA, such as an irregular show schedule and disconnection between the Japanese and US offices. Personally, I would love to have seen what Gabe could have achieved with a weekly TV show.

Kaladin

I think DGUSA will overtake ROH only because of how far ROH has fallen and how far the promotion is probably going to fall in the future. Also, it's pretty telling that Gabe supposedly proposed a return to the company, and maybe an indication that he sees little chance for further growth with DGUSA, which, while in a better state quality-wise than ROH, has its own set of problems, some of which it is sharing with all other indies, such as the lack of talent widely available, and some of which are unique to DGUSA, such as an irregular show schedule and disconnection between the Japanese and US offices. Personally, I would love to have seen what Gabe could have achieved with a weekly TV show.

I was actually thinking more or less of what Gabe is doing in terms of iPPV instead of just the DGUSA product. He seems to have something with his WWNLive system and this WrestleCon deal which is starting next year. WWNLive should be huge if he can bring Chikara, CZW and Shimmer in as regulars under that iPPV umbrella.

Steve Blackman? You mean THE Steve Blackman, the greatest Hardcore Champion of all-time? Sign me the fuck up. If he brings back the Hardcore Title, I may very well shit myself.

Speaking of ROH, added to the Boiling Point iPPV;

. Eddie Edwards & Sara Del Rey vs Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis

Plus, already signed;

. Kevin Steen (c) vs Eddie Kingston
. The Briscoes vs Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino
. Michael Elgin vs Charlie Haas
. Jay Lethal vs Tomaso Ciampa

djsandman said:
I was actually thinking more or less of what Gabe is doing in terms of iPPV instead of just the DGUSA product. He seems to have something with his WWNLive system and this WrestleCon deal which is starting next year. WWNLive should be huge if he can bring Chikara, CZW and Shimmer in as regulars under that iPPV umbrella.

Oh yeah, definitely - it seems they've been heading in that direction recently, with more non-DGUSA/EVOLVE events added to the iPPV and VOD line-up, and I think it would be really healthy for indy wrestling if more companies jump on the same iPPV bandwagon.

Today has to be a dream for dirt sheets. Just claim a surprise will happen, say something big will go down. Easiest night to predict.

It's not like they ever predict anything anyway

"The plan right now is for a title change, though there are people high up in the company who feel this is a mistake and the script is undergoing changes"

THANX GUYS

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's not like they ever predict anything anyway

"The plan right now is for a title change, though there are people high up in the company who feel this is a mistake and the script is undergoing changes"

THANX GUYS

After RAW:

"The plan was to have Cena win the title but at the last minutes they decided to keep the belt on Punk"

Top Bottom