• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan wedding at 9pm gained 616,000 viewers for a 3.91 rating. The Rock coming out with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in the ring gained 575,000 viewers for a 4.28 quarter rating.
dream pls

Kccitystar

I strongly dislike Kane's current mask.

Abyss has a better mask.

You best be trollin'.

NBsGC.gif

RBH

So whatever happened to that Fire Pro XBLA game?

Did it get cancelled?

Not that I wouldn't mind if it got cancelled given how it looked.

G-Fex

You best be trollin'.

NBsGC.gif

It's true, it's damn true. Kane has a gigantic snouzer

Did it get cancelled?

Yeah it's likely vaporware. I really don't think they're going to make any more Fire Pro games, seeing as NJPW is dwindling in popularity isn't it?

dream pls

No Daniel Bryan fans remember?

Say what you want about Zack Ryder, but the Kane/Ryder/Cena/Eve feud is absolutely, 100% the cause for where he is now. That's a FACT. Can not be argued, at all. The dude was changing tires THROUGH A COMMERCIAL BREAK on live national TV. The dude got pushed off a stage while he was in a neck brace in a wheel chair. The dude got played for a fool NUMEROUS TIMES by a woman who Cena killed off in one promo. The Rock couldn't make that angle work. Stone Cold couldn't make that angle work. Jesus himself could've been in that angle and it would've led to the downfall of Christianity.

but kain always puts people over and his mask smells good and aj something something supernatural bullshit

Mengetsu

Did it get cancelled?

http://www.xboxkinectfans.com/tag/fire-pro-wrestling

This Wednesday the highly anticipated Kinect title, Wreckateer, will be released as part of the XBLA Summer of Arcade promotion. If that were not great enough news, it has been revealed that Wreckateer will be the first title to make use of Avatar Famestar. What is Avatar Famestar you ask?

Microsoft describes Avatar Famestar as a new program that will be utilized by a select group of games to deliver “exciting ways to play online with your friends and compete for social recognition.” An ideal way to think of this new program would be to view it as a cross-game achievement system. Gamers will earn points for completing particular achievements across supported games. These points can then be redeemed for a variety of prizes (such as avatar awards)! Many gamers have long been hoping for some sort of reward system for earning achievements, and this may finally be Microsoft’s answer.

The next logical question has to be what other titles will support this program? Avatar Famestar will retroactively support already released XBLA titles Full House Poker and A World of Keflings. Furthermore, upcoming releases Fire Pro Wrestling, Homerun Stars, and Avatar Motocross Madness have been identified to support the program. Sadly, no details were provided regarding when Avatar Famestar support will be integrated into any of the aforementioned titles.

Dear Silentassasin

Fuck you. I got GA. Not that i care for front row tickets anyways. Im way too lazy to move outta the way of dives

It's only $5 more and you get a clear view. As long as Sami Calahan doesn't push me while he goes to the ring it's all good.

Plus I can get better shots in front row. Second row shots are less usable.

tm24

It's only $5 more and you get a clear view. As long as Sami Calahan doesn't push me while he goes to the ring it's all good.

Plus I can get better shots in front row. Second row shots are less usable.
Most of the time i like standing aginst the wall. After driving for 3 hours, the last thing i wantto do is sit again

tm24

Damn you're driving 3 hours? I guess I have it easy when I only have to drive 45 mins - 1:30 to get there
It used to be an hour drive when i lived in Fullerton,but when i moved out to the desert,everything became a hassle. But whatever, its BOLA, the best tourney in the indies, so worth it

Line-up for Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles 2012, which has been upgraded to a two-day, 16-man tournament and will take place on September 1st & 2nd in Reseda, CA;

• Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
  • Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
  • "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

Willie Mack has been in a roll. Thats the same Cage thats in NWA Hollywood right? Him and Cage looks like the ones to beat. Cage is all muscled out now.

Willie Mack has been in a roll. Thats the same Cage thats in NWA Hollywood right? Him and Cage looks like the ones to beat. Cage is all muscled out now.

Yeah, that's the same Brian Cage - dude is insanely well built. He's still a bit green overall, but is definitely one to keep an eye on in the future.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well actually:
  • AJ is a draw and people tune in
  • Marriage angles always get high ratings
  • CM Punk and Rocky were what people tuned in to see.

don't you make up raisins

regardless of how right you may or may not be
WWE's advertising the 8pm start time worked for this show as they had 5.58 million viewers already tuned in for the start of the show. In the segment breakdown, DX's reunion opened so strong that the second quarter gain with the end of the DX segment gained 27,000 viewers. That would usually be a loss. The six-man with Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho with the Charlie Sheen interview lost 395,000 viewers.

Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay and a bunch of backstage stuff with the Legends gained 326,000 viewers. The AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan wedding at 9pm gained 616,000 viewers for a 3.91 rating. The Rock coming out with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in the ring gained 575,000 viewers for a 4.28 quarter rating. Christian vs. The Miz lost 895,000 viewers but that's not a surprise given the large gains for the previous segments.

The segment with Triple H, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon gained 334,000 viewers. Brock Lesnar's brawl with Triple H gained 90,000 more viewers. The Heath Slater segment with the WWE Legends gained 25,000 viewers for a 3.99 quarter rating in a timeslot that usually loses big time. You would expect that Slater segment to lose a lot of viewers because it came right after the big HHH-Lesnar segment.

The Undertaker's return with Kane gained 293,000 viewers. WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena with The Rock and Big Show appearing gained 389,000 viewers and peaked the show with a 4.43 overrun rating.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40277356&postcount=15405

Ithil

Well actually:

• AJ is a draw and people tune in
  • Marriage angles always get high ratings
  • CM Punk and Rocky were what people tuned in to see.

The third one doesn't explain the initial jump in viewers. I also wouldn't call AJ a "draw" just yet. Not even Punk is a consistent draw.

The fact that it was a wedding and well advertised during the show is a likely reason though.

The guest on this week's Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana is WWE Superstar Kofi Kingston;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Thanks for brining this up, just got through listening to the whole thing and i'm a bigger fan of the man than I was before even if he does have those small hands. Since Kofi can do some graphic design i'm sure he could make a spiffy Wrasslegaf opening post.
Now that Punk has turned heel it's time for Kofi to bring out the sour side and main event feud with him over the Zangief loss, I need Punk's upcoming DVD/Blu Ray to witness the origins of this.

Striker

The start of it was ok, but the one more match stuff just became annoying whining. I was happy when he got knocked down to mid-card jobber status so I could FF through his matches.
So, you were ecstatic when a great ring performer, not to mention one who can cut a good promo as well, got dropped down the card. Just because. OK. Makes perfect sense. Must be a writer from WWE.

Punk's DVD looks like it could be a lot of fun, a look at the schedule says October which is odd as that's the same time as Europe, usually the states get these things like 2 or 3 months before Europe so maybe i've just goofed.

On a side note I got the Bret/Shawn Blu Ray for £6 the other day, this era is sort of before my time for the most part (generally I don't look back before 1997 bar a few matches and moments)so it should be interesting.

Toki767

I actually just watched the "documentary" portion of the Undertaker's streak DVD and man, it was the most disappointing DVD documentary I've ever seen. They ran through 3/4s of his wins in what had to be 2 minutes or less. The whole documentary was way under an hour which probably had to be the shortest documentary for a WWE DVD ever.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I actually just watched the "documentary" portion of the Undertaker's streak DVD and man, it was the most disappointing DVD documentary I've ever seen. They ran through 3/4s of his wins in what had to be 2 minutes or less. The whole documentary was way under an hour which probably had to be the shortest documentary for a WWE DVD ever.

Very disappointing. I'm usually more interested in the documentary side of these DVDs than the matches.

RBH

wwesuperstarcollectiond.jpg

3 Stages of Hell Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Triple H
The Bash 2009

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena
Night of Championship 2009

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase
Raw – March 1, 2010

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Christian
Capitol Punishment 2011

wwesuperstarcollectiond.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Match
Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Jericho
Night of Champions 2008

World Tag Team Championship Match
Kofi Kingston & CM Punk vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes
Monday Night Raw – October 27, 2008

Money in the Bank Ladder match
Kofi Kingston vs. CM Punk vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Christian vs. Kane
WrestleMania 25

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
TLC 2009

Intercontinental Championship Match
Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
Smackdown – January 7, 2011

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/pics-wwe-randy-orton-kofi-kingston-dvds/25763/

Top Bottom