• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

somedevil

Raw Segment breakdown:

WWE's advertising the 8pm start time worked for this show as they had 5.58 million viewers already tuned in for the start of the show. In the segment breakdown, DX's reunion opened so strong that the second quarter gain with the end of the DX segment gained 27,000 viewers. That would usually be a loss. The six-man with Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho with the Charlie Sheen interview lost 395,000 viewers.

Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay and a bunch of backstage stuff with the Legends gained 326,000 viewers. The AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan wedding at 9pm gained 616,000 viewers for a 3.91 rating. The Rock coming out with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in the ring gained 575,000 viewers for a 4.28 quarter rating. Christian vs. The Miz lost 895,000 viewers but that's not a surprise given the large gains for the previous segments.

The segment with Triple H, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon gained 334,000 viewers. Brock Lesnar's brawl with Triple H gained 90,000 more viewers. The Heath Slater segment with the WWE Legends gained 25,000 viewers for a 3.99 quarter rating in a timeslot that usually loses big time. You would expect that Slater segment to lose a lot of viewers because it came right after the big HHH-Lesnar segment.

The Undertaker's return with Kane gained 293,000 viewers. WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena with The Rock and Big Show appearing gained 389,000 viewers and peaked the show with a 4.43 overrun rating.

Other notes is CM Punk turning is the WWE's big summer angle. Also, all the crazy bumps Ziggler does he thinks them up himself and asks for permission to do it, like the crazy bump into the chairs at money in the bank.

DMczaf

The segment with Triple H, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon gained 334,000 viewers. Brock Lesnar's brawl with Triple H gained 90,000 more viewers. The Heath Slater segment with the WWE Legends gained 25,000 viewers for a 3.99 quarter rating in a timeslot that usually loses big time. You would expect that Slater segment to lose a lot of viewers because it came right after the big HHH-Lesnar segment.

THE ONE MAN BAND BAYBAH!

Alucard

Banned
Sleaze in wrestling was around loooong before the attitude era. Read almost any biography by vets like Bret Hart and you'll find that out quickly. Probably bad long before then too.

eldoon

Goldberg would be huge, but it will probably be Sting or somebody already on staff. At least, that's what I think.

I hope its not sting - i think hes a ninja and it would be lame if he comes out as gm when he was already gm and injured.

Thinking of names - King Mo needs to debut soon.....

krae_man

Good stuff

Should have used Raw when King said "I can't think of any" and had a picture of RVD.

Anyway, My guess is Dolph will announce he cashes in at Wrestlemania, and Sheamus will get a hangnail and Vince will change his mind and decide to give Dolph the title for 30 seconds before jobbing it immediately to Randy Orton.

Kaladin

Christian vs. The Miz lost 895,000 viewers but that's not a surprise given the large gains for the previous segments.

The question is.....did they tune out when they saw Christian or did they tune out when they saw The Miz?

Also, the match the WWE Universe voted that they wanted to see......is the segment with the largest decrease in viewers.

DKehoe

Christian vs. The Miz lost 895,000 viewers but that's not a surprise given the large gains for the previous segments.

The question is.....did they tune out when they saw Christian or did they tune out when they saw The Miz?

Also, the match the WWE Universe voted that they wanted to see......is the segment with the largest decrease in viewers.

The sad reality is probably that people tuned out because it was a wrestling match that went a decent amount of time.

bangai-o

Banned
usually wrestlers get winded after about ten minutes. but Christian starts his matches winded. and he has that dumb move where he pops into the middle rope and does an upside down kick. so awful.

Kaladin

Not really. He made the whole Orton feud last year very interesting. His mic skills are among the best.

The start of it was ok, but the one more match stuff just became annoying whining. I was happy when he got knocked down to mid-card jobber status so I could FF through his matches.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Christian is like Tommy Dreamer for me. I like the idea of him wrestling, talking, and just generally being around because I so thoroughly enjoyed the stuff of years gone by, but I don't actually care when Christian actually does something in the ring at all.

His presence other than "One More Match" phrase is just non-existent in my mind these days. Last match I really remember from him was the feud with Jericho over Trish.

Kyoufu

Christian is like Tommy Dreamer for me. I like the idea of him wrestling, talking, and just generally being around because I so thoroughly enjoyed the stuff of years gone by, but I don't actually care when Christian actually does something in the ring at all.

His presence other than "One More Match" phrase is just non-existent in my mind these days. Last match I really remember from him was the feud with Jericho over Trish.

He has been poorly used for a long time.

somedevil

Zack Ryder on what happened after he won the united states title:

He explains, "I was on such a roll at the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 and the whole Kane and Eve thing killed my momentum. Basically killed my career. So, to turn that around and get revenge on them was something I needed. Hopefully it’ll get the Ryder Revolution back on track.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Zack Ryder on what happened after he won the united states title:

I don't accept it. Ryder killed his own push as far as I'm concerned. While fine with heavily planned and able to re-shoot segments like his own youtube show or Wrestlemania scripts, given leeway on how to act or on the fly and he just flounders despite others giving him a chance. "Say what you want" and all he says is a catchphrase because it feels comfortable is why his part of the Ryder-Punk-Bryan celebration champions fell so flat. It may work for a pop, but I can't imagine anyone really wants to focus too much on you in the back if you can't do more on the mic.

Maybe I'm just overly disappointed in him. I never liked him in ECW and showings elsewhere, I don't care for any of his actual matches not involving Ziggler over-selling, but I wanted to after being entertained by Long Island Iced Z and nothing he does so.

Put him as the second man in a tag team (a la Billy Gunn) or give him a manager to talk for the television shows and PPVs, but he doesn't deserve a push on his own because he doesn't do well with the spotlight.

It's really, really bad. I can't think of a positive thing to say about it, it's that bad. Menus are terrible, graphics are bad (not FirePro still charming if old looking bad, but bad), and it just isnt fun.

Sigh. Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't have much hope for it.

Borman

It's really, really bad. I can't think of a positive thing to say about it, it's that bad. Menus are terrible, graphics are bad (not FirePro still charming if old looking bad, but bad), and it just isnt fun.

I don't accept it. Ryder killed his own push as far as I'm concerned. While fine with heavily planned and able to re-shoot segments like his own youtube show or Wrestlemania scripts, given leeway on how to act or on the fly and he just flounders despite others giving him a chance. "Say what you want" and all he says is a catchphrase because it feels comfortable is why his part of the Ryder-Punk-Bryan celebration champions fell so flat. It may work for a pop, but I can't imagine anyone really wants to focus too much on you in the back if you can't do more on the mic.

Maybe I'm just overly disappointed in him. I never liked him in ECW and showings elsewhere, I don't care for any of his actual matches not involving Ziggler over-selling, but I wanted to after being entertained by Long Island Iced Z and nothing he does so.

Put him as the second man in a tag team (a la Billy Gunn) or give him a manager to talk for the television shows and PPVs, but he doesn't deserve a push on his own because he doesn't do well with the spotlight.

Say what you want about Zack Ryder, but the Kane/Ryder/Cena/Eve feud is absolutely, 100% the cause for where he is now. That's a FACT. Can not be argued, at all. The dude was changing tires THROUGH A COMMERCIAL BREAK on live national TV. The dude got pushed off a stage while he was in a neck brace in a wheel chair. The dude got played for a fool NUMEROUS TIMES by a woman who Cena killed off in one promo. The Rock couldn't make that angle work. Stone Cold couldn't make that angle work. Jesus himself could've been in that angle and it would've led to the downfall of Christianity.

tj hazuki

Daniel Bryan = RATINGS
untitled-111bks5.gif

antonz

Say what you want about Zack Ryder, but the Kane/Ryder/Cena/Eve feud is absolutely, 100% the cause for where he is now. That's a FACT. Can not be argued, at all. The dude was changing tires THROUGH A COMMERCIAL BREAK on live national TV. The dude got pushed off a stage while he was in a neck brace in a wheel chair. The dude got played for a fool NUMEROUS TIMES by a woman who Cena killed off in one promo. The Rock couldn't make that angle work. Stone Cold couldn't make that angle work. Jesus himself could've been in that angle and it would've led to the downfall of Christianity.

Exactly. The guy built himself upto to a level that he was basically the top merchandise guy for the company. Then Cena had to get involved be his buddy and thats when the decline started because the close association with Cena turned people off.

Then Cena goes all Heel on him and with Eve basically buries him. You would expect some kind of revenge plot after Cena steals his girl etc but nope the story ends with Cena shitting on Eve.

I wouldnt put it past Cena getting involved for the whole purpose of neutering Ryder.

Top Bottom