• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

isAmA1eMTZQQQ.gif

Actually I think you were right the first time, they fight crime and it would be amazing.
Kurt can go undercover as a creepy clown like in that movie of his.

Kaladin

Speaking of wrestling happening this weekend.....

5dollarPoster.jpg

$5 Wrestling Presents
A Train Wreck
July 27, 2012
Charlestown, IN
8pm belltime

Pricing Options: $5 live showing only
$10 live showing and unlimited onDemand access
$20 live showing, unlimited On Demand access, and DVD

Professional Wrestling is too expensive these days. A John Cena T-Shirt is 25 dollars, a WWE pay per view is almost 50 dollars and a front row seat can cost you almost 300 dollars. Well, if you want to enjoy wrestling on the cheap, 5 Dollar Wrestling is for you. Pro Wrestler, Colt Cabana and Comedian, Marty Derosa host this soon to be underground movement in Professional Wrestling.

untouchable2012.jpg

Dragon Gate USA
Untouchable 2012
Saturday, July 28th
Taylor, MI 48180
Belltime: 8pm CST

Price Options:
$9.99 live showing only
$14.99 live showing and unlimited onDemand access
$24.99 live showing, unlimited On Demand access, and DVD

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Akira Tozawa

Dream Tag Team Match
CIMA & AR Fox vs. El Generico & Samuray Del Sol

Special Attraction Match
YAMATO vs. Ricochet

Grudge Match
Rich Swann vs. Chuck Taylor

Tag Team Action
Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Player Dos) vs. The Scene (Caleb Konley & Scott Reed) with Larry Dallas

Plus more to be signed with:
-Jon Davis
-Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez of D.U.F.
-Jake Manning of The Gentlemen's Club
-Plus more to be added!!!

ETD2012.jpg

Dragon Gate USA
Enter The Dragon 2012: Third Anniversary Celebration
Sunday, July 29th
Chicago, IL 60647
Belltime: 7pm CST

Price Options:
$9.99 live showing only
$14.99 live showing and unlimited onDemand access
$24.99 live showing, unlimited On Demand access, and DVD

Main Event #1 - Open The United Gate Decision Match
CIMA & AR Fox vs. Ricochet & Rich Swann

Main Event #2 - Dream Match
El Generico vs. Akira Tozawa with Christina Von Eerie

Main Event #3 - I Quit Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Chuck Taylor

Special Attraction Match
YAMATO vs. Jon Davis

Special Attraction Tag Team Match
Super Smash Brothers vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Special Challenge Tag Team Match
The Scene vs. Zero Gravity

Special Challenge Match
Samuray Del Sol vs. Shane Hollister

Special Challenge Match
Masada vs. Jake Manning

An entire weekend of awesome wrestling for $25.
All available at http://www.wwnlive.com

Linkified

From this week's issue of the Observer:

I told you all, I told you, I told you this is what they would do - just as TNA has absorbed the essence of Universal Studios Orlando in the ways they are improving their product. WWE are the WDW of wrestling and by that I mean declining by degrees.

Linkified

Unless it leads to a storyline involving legends, I don't see a point.

Unless they do their take on MEM but with Legends past, present and future there is no point, see Smackdown after D.Brines RAW funeral - instead of protecting him they let him be fall man again.

Kaladin

There is a really great interview with Jerry Lawler about the Andy Kaufman saga on WWE.com:

http://wwe.me/cymbm

Lawler_Kaufman2.jpg

Today is 30 years after they appeared on Letterman.

Lawler said:
I don’t know if I should tell this or not, but one night I was flying back on the plane with Vince McMahon. And he said, “You know, King, I’ve never told you this before, but I was so jealous when you got Andy Kaufman and did all that stuff with him down there in Memphis. Because he was from New York, and I thought we could have done all that stuff up here.” But he also said, “But I’ll be honest with you. There’s no way on Earth we could have done it as well as you guys did it.”

There is a really great interview with Jerry Lawler about the Andy Kaufman saga on WWE.com:

Lawler_Kaufman2.jpg

It's seriously one of the most incredible things ever done. Kaufman was perfect for pro wrestling. He was a true worker and understood what it meant to work marks. It's a damn shame the guy died so early. He's never been a real pro wrestler but could probably teach limitless amount of upcoming wrestlers how to control a crowd.

Bowser

Lawler_Kaufman2.jpg

It's seriously one of the most incredible things ever done. Kaufman was perfect for pro wrestling. He was a true worker and understood what it meant to work marks. It's a damn shame the guy died so early. He's never been a real pro wrestler but could probably teach limitless amount of upcoming wrestlers how to control a crowd.

I'm a little confused...did they really have legit beef after the whole piledriver thing?

Sokantish

Did she even do anything last night except look angry? And that dude that came to help Chavo barely made it into the ring, that was pretty funny

Oh ok, I never really heard about this (lol, shows my age) and it was hard to tell from reading the article.

Someone on YouTube uploaded the entire "Andy Kaufman: I'm From Hollywood" documentary made back in 1989 about Kaufman's pro wrestling adventure. Go watch it. It's awesome. It's completely kayfabe too. Everyone, even Kaufman's celebrity friends, is talking as if the whole thing was real.

Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEyQkUg2WtY

Top Bottom