• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Enfinit

Supposedly it did. I believe they were even working on All Stars 2 until the new CEO of THQ took over.

I'm really surprised they just kind of wrote Johnny Ace off. I expected after a few weeks he would have some master plan where he tries to get back in power, but no, he just vanished. I suppose they will bring him back in some capacity one day, but I'm still surprised that we haven't seen him in so long.
It apparently sold a little over a million copies worldwide, which I suppose is pretty decent for the genre. WWE '12 went a little over two million.

Dragon Gate USA is tomorrow night and Sunday.

Got it tonight over at BillRiccio's house and died laughing. Really fun event and well worth the price. Heading to Taylor tomorrow for the DGUSA show. Buy the ippv booches! You'll see some gaf'ers in the front row.

wwnlive.com 3 pricing tiers!

Power Rangers started when I was in the 3rd grade (That's "grade three" for Bizarro-Canada WrassleGaf), and even then I felt like I was too old for that shit.

Power Rangers is timeless.

I mean, yeah I watched it (the first one), but that was because I only had like 4-5 channels at the time.

I think there was only 1-2 kids that wore Power Rangers merch in my class, and we're talking 8-9 year-olds here.

It was not unlike wearing a Pro Wrestling T-shirt today.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I actually stopped watching when I was in the 3rd grade. Mostly because I got tired of it.

I always thought Power Rangers would be aimed towards that age of a child though.

meh

Yeah I actually stopped watching when I was in the 3rd grade. Mostly because I got tired of it.

I always thought Power Rangers would be aimed towards that age of a child though.

meh

Funny enough, around this time I remember going to my neighbors house, walking into his room and seeing posters all over his wall of some wrestler named Shawn Michaels.

When I asked him who that was, he answered me while recreating Shawn Michaels' entrance and ring pose, lol.

Didn't the briefcase use to contain money? So it was always money or a title shot?

Should have someone just have an epic storyline where they try to cause the most amount of chaos with the money in the case as possible.

Kyoufu

Saw an interview with Punk after WM28 where he says the Rock's return has proven him wrong and that it is indeed a good thing.

Got it tonight over at BillRiccio's house and died laughing. Really fun event and well worth the price. Heading to Taylor tomorrow for the DGUSA show. Buy the ippv booches! You'll see some gaf'ers in the front row.

to bad we couldn't get the N64 hooked up, I was pumped for No Mercy.

Didn't the briefcase use to contain money? So it was always money or a title shot?

Should have someone just have an epic storyline where they try to cause the most amount of chaos with the money in the case as possible.

I think it's always been a contract. It's a shame, though - I always wanted to see something like this happen. But if one could buy a title shot whenever one wanted, that would raise all sorts of issues that even the WWE wouldn't be able to ignore.

Works for me! Only reason I couldn't join in on $5 Wrestling last night was that I couldn't make it to the bank in time.

Well, that and I'm broke most of the time anyway.

bart jr

Neo Member
to bad we couldn't get the N64 hooked up, I was pumped for No Mercy.

Damn, I'm jealous I can't make the trip out there with you guys this weekend. Are you still planning on going to Wrestlemania? My girlfriend and I are looking into at LEAST hitting up Wrestlecon

Linkified

Nah. Just another month of D Brine ruining his career begging for good matches. He should get traded to SD and start over

Well the Brand split has ended, Daniel Bryan has had his stature this week reduced from ME to MC. The funny thing is he was buried when he first arrived, built up slowly to ME status then dropped like ToT style back to MC.

can we have a separate wwe thread please
I'm tired of having to wade through TNA/indie orgs stuff to read about WWE. The other sports threads have this I think

Sokantish

That's stupid. Not enough people watch TNA/indie stuff to even keep the thread on the first page. Maybe you should try watching some TNA/indie stuff. You might like it. You shouldn't compare real sports to wrestling. Not even comparable really. It'd be more like not having an all in one MMA thread and just making a thread for each leagues, or whatever they're called. Not that I'm saying MMA isn't a real sport...

Really excited for Dragon Gate USA tonight - the top 3 matches all look insanely awesome;

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Akira Tozawa

Dream Tag Team Match
CIMA & AR Fox vs. El Generico & Samuray Del Sol

Special Attraction Match
YAMATO vs. Ricochet

inaB6SMm7LRli.jpg

Hot damn. That tag match should be great, and really looking forward to seeing YAMATO's return.

You can buy the iPPV tonight starting at $9.99 over at http://www.wwnlive.com and the show kicks off at 8PM EST

Also, here's a great music video tribute to Dragon Gate USA, for those unfamiliar with one of the best indies in the US;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tamy_cN9GWc

pants

I'd actually like that, a separate thread for TNA and indies away from the WWE shenanigans would be good. I don't like posting in this thread because of the endless pages of fantasy booking and crazy persona nonsense. Would enjoy something for TNA only, but would be okay with a TNA/Indie amalgamation.

That's stupid. Not enough people watch TNA/indie stuff to even keep the thread on the first page. Maybe you should try watching some TNA/indie stuff. You might like it. You shouldn't compare real sports to wrestling. Not even comparable really. It'd be more like not having an all in one MMA thread and just making a thread for each leagues, or whatever they're called. Not that I'm saying MMA isn't a real sport...
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Bowser

I'm sure if someone tried to create a separate Wrasslin thread for TNA/indies, the mods would just merge the two separate threads anyway. There's no need for it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well the Brand split has ended, Daniel Bryan has had his stature this week reduced from ME to MC. The funny thing is he was buried when he first arrived, built up slowly to ME status then dropped like ToT style back to MC.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD DANIEL BRYAN IS NOT IN A TITLE MATCH AFTER 8 MONTHS!

Poor Daniel Bryan, he will be looking for a new job within the month, he's dead to WWE now, this much is clear. Might as well cut his losses now and go work at Dragon Gate.

G-Fex

Number One: Stop thinking stupid ideas.

Number Two: Hugging is not a sport, sorry MMA.

3. Heavy get the hell out of my thread.

I'd actually like that, a separate thread for TNA and indies away from the WWE shenanigans would be good. I don't like posting in this thread because of the endless pages of fantasy booking and crazy persona nonsense. Would enjoy something for TNA only, but would be okay with a TNA/Indie amalgamation.

Serious Wrestling |OT| Lance Storm Approved

Linkified

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD DANIEL BRYAN IS NOT IN A TITLE MATCH AFTER 8 MONTHS!

Poor Daniel Bryan, he will be looking for a new job within the month, he's dead to WWE now, this much is clear. Might as well cut his losses now and go work at Dragon Gate.

Its ok that he isn't in the title pictures but he must feud with ME stars, otherwise he comes off as a weak. But when you could have had as your ending of your Smackdown match the following:

• Bryan kick Rey in the head.
  • Bryan goes for the pinfall.
  • Ricado pulls out Bryan
  • Bryan puts Ricardo in YES lock
  • Del Rio crawls and gets the cover on Rey

Its ok that he isn't in the title pictures but he must feud with ME stars, otherwise he comes off as a weak. But when you could have had as your ending of your Smackdown match the following:

• Ricado pulls out Bryan

hey hey hey, wait for Creative, what if they do X, you don't know what's going to happen, what if X happens, they know what they're doing blah blah blah

Aiii

So not worth it

• Ricado pulls out Bryan

Stop overreacting. Bryan is just fine. He's not gonna have title matches every month, nobody does. And that also means he doesn't main event every month. Only Cena is that lucky. Nothing to get worked up about.

Alucard

Banned
LOL @ the Sting "Gassed" gif. Hilarious.

Heavy, this is Wrassle-GAF, not WWE-GAF. TNA is doing some good things right now, so naturally people want to talk about it. And indy orgs are where the stars of tomorrow are going to come from.

Aiii

So not worth it
LOL @ the Sting "Gassed" gif. Hilarious.

Heavy, this is Wrassle-GAF, not WWE-GAF. TNA is doing some good things right now, so naturally people want to talk about it. And indy orgs are where the stars of tomorrow are going to come from.

Trying to reason with Heavy? Might as well try to reason with your chair.

Actually, you'll probably have more luck with that one.

Top Bottom