• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Sokantish

What you don't realize is what has been holding back the Raiders all these years is now gone, in a couple years they'll be at the top of the world! Or they'll just have an endless amount of seasons where they are just under "okay" but not terrible. I can't wait!

G-Fex

What you don't realize is what has been holding back the Raiders all these years is now gone, in a couple years they'll be at the top of the world! Or they'll just have an endless amount of seasons where they are just under "okay" but not terrible. I can't wait!

Unless Bo is coming back

Then lol Raiders.

I still can't believe he thought those notes were real

I wasn't the only one. There were several others who thought they were real and posted that in the thread. I still think they were. The way Rocky was stuttering after had me convinced he's either an incredible actor or they were real and Cena cut him. He might just be a great actor now that I think about it... (see: his sell on Punk's clothesline last week, including face mannerisms).

Ex-wife, cheaters suck. Rocky probably cheated a ton too come to think about it (he got divorced too). I'm not sure anyone could turn down all the groupies throwing themselves at you on a nightly basis.

Carnby

Who else agrees that WWE will chicken out on Punk's heel turn? On Monday he will show much respect to Cena and the WWE Universe.

G-Fex

Ex-wife, cheaters suck. Rocky probably cheated a ton too come to think about it (he got divorced too). I'm not sure anyone could turn down all the groupies throwing themselves at you on a nightly basis.

You're right, Rocky is a cheating scumbag.

Alucard

Banned
Dragon Gate USA Untouchable 2012 Results

– Jon Davis def. Jake Manning in 4:47 after 3 seconds around the world.

- Rich Swann def. Chuck Taylor via disqualification in 7:49 when Taylor wouldn’t release the half crab.

- Super Smash Bros. def. The Scene in 12:46 via pinfall after the gory special/blockbuster combination.

- YAMATO def. Ricochet in 11:35 after a series of pinfall reversals and a spear.

- Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez def. N8 Mattsen & Derek Ryze in 8:25 after Cannon hits Total Anarchy on Ryze.

- Masada def. Pinkie Sanchez via submission in 5:58.

- CIMA & AR Fox def. El Generico & Samuray Del Sol in 26:34 after a Lo Mein Pain/Meteora combination on Del Sol.

Post match, CIMA states it’s time to take AR Fox to the next level!

- Johnny Gargano def. Akira Tozawa in 25:49 via submission with the Gargano Escape to retain the Open The Freedom Gate Title.

Post match, Gargano says he’s here to stay and is going to steer the ship of independent pro wrestling to where it should be.

Two great main events. The tag match was the highlight for me, easily a match of the year candidate right there.

Sounds like a very good show. Gonna track down the tag match and the Gargano/Tozawa confrontation. I saw Tozawa live around 2 years ago to open a show in Canada...he was superb and highly athletic.

Jitters

Punk's heel turn will go fine. It'll keep the strap on him 'till January. Has WWE ever disappointed us before? I don't think so.

Who else agrees that WWE will chicken out on Punk's heel turn? On Monday he will show much respect to Cena and the WWE Universe.

I think it might be more gradual than people expect. They've got to carry this angle for a while so don't expect a 180 degree turn tomorrow into a full-blown heel. Think of D-Bry's slow gradual heel turn as a good example of what WWE might (and should) do. That type of turn and build-up is far more impactful and interesting than an overnight 180 degree shift.

Jitters

I noticed someone said it was weird to begin watching after the attitude era ,so I just wanted to point out that I started watching in mid/late '02.

Jitters

Ha! Actually I did. But the warning thing came up before the video and my parents weren't sure what it was going to be, so we had to turn it off until it was over.

Aiii

So not worth it

Why would his ex still be his manager then Heavy?

Heavy doesn't know how things are around here now.

GET WITH THE TIMES POPS.

Myself = The King of Games.
Aiii=Plywood jr.
A Pretty Panda = Beef's alt personality like cactus jack.

Why am I Plywood Jr? Explain yourself G-Fex!

I think it might be more gradual than people expect. They've got to carry this angle for a while so don't expect a 180 degree turn tomorrow into a full-blown heel. Think of D-Bry's slow gradual heel turn as a good example of what WWE might (and should) do. That type of turn and build-up is far more impactful and interesting than an overnight 180 degree shift.

I think there's something to be said for both methods, a quick full heel turn can have just as much, if not more, impact than a slow burn, especially when it's unexpected, but I agree that Punk's turn will probably be drawn out longer than most are anticipating, and it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for him to do a complete 180 degrees. All he's really done is take advantage of a situation he had no part in to ensure his title reign continues, and attack a guy he's previously had beef with. They've sown the seeds for a confrontation with Rock way back last year, when 'Voice of the Voiceless' Punk shot at Rock for walking into the WM main event and taking someone else's potential spot, so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out leading up to the Rumble and how far they go with Punk as a heel.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Aiii was Aiii, then he would be a fan of his fellow Flemish wrestlers like...

Rob Van Dam.

Though I'll admit I live near the Belgian border, I am still Dutch!

Flemish people are just annoying, the last one I had to interact with rear-ended my car near Brussels after visiting a client. fools can't drive :(

Kaladin

Didn't they recently come out with an album that is a wrestling tribute? I didn't realize they had other songs referencing wrestling before that.

All of the songs except for one on that album were previously released. It was more of a collection of their wrestling songs.

Though I'll admit I live near the Belgian border, I am still Dutch!

Flemish people are just annoying, the last one I had to interact with rear-ended my car near Brussels after visiting a client. fools can't drive :(

I bet you can wear your I Dig Crazy Chicks t-shirt there and not have to worry about anyone realizing it's a wrestling shirt.

Top Bottom