• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

G-Fex

I'M IN THE ZONE!

gSaRu.jpg

put some damn pants on Ken.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know what I get out of these pictures? That Kane's gonna be around for a good while longer. If he were retiring any time soon, he'd just keep the fake hair attached to the mask that he has now. But he's obviously growing his hair back out in order to eventually get rid of the fake hair.
Going by that USA Today interview, it seems like he's always going to be with the company in one form or another, in a backstage position. However, I think it's just that he doesn't like being bald. His wife wants him to grow out his hair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know their games aren't near quality enough, but I'm surprised WWE doesn't release 3 games a year running on their wrestling engine. Kind of like NCAA & Madden. Make the current game, an Attitude Era game, and an 80s game. Keep the same engine, maybe change a few moves, make the arenas unique and fill it out with rosters from those eras.

I guess that's kind of what they tried with that Wrestlemania game though

G-Fex

I know their games aren't near quality enough, but I'm surprised WWE doesn't release 3 games a year running on their wrestling engine. Kind of like NCAA & Madden. Make the current game, an Attitude Era game, and an 80s game. Keep the same engine, maybe change a few moves, make the arenas unique and fill it out with rosters from those eras.

I guess that's kind of what they tried with that Wrestlemania game though

I want another legends of wrestlemania, I need to play legends sometime.

bangai-o

Banned
Thq should pull Vigil off of Darksiders and make a wwe beatem up. then also make the Warhammer team make a dating startegy game featuring Layla. Then make that team who does Metro to instead do a Kane horror fps.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Thq should pull Vigil off of Darksiders and make a wwe beatem up. then also make the Warhammer team make a dating startegy game featuring Layla. Then make that team who does Metro to instead do a Kane horror fps.
The WWE isn't that smart. They think they're great at licensing, but considering their wealth of characters, they really should be doing so much more.

G-Fex

I know Soulplaya's dream would be to have Kane in a god of war type of game.

But you know who deserves it? Ultimate Warrior.

You heard me Soul, Warrior > Kane.

CAUSE HE HAD THE INTENSITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HOKE HOGAN

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I know their games aren't near quality enough, but I'm surprised WWE doesn't release 3 games a year running

Ah WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown [insert catchphrase here], and Day of Reckoning. 2004 was a fun year for me, getting games late.

Personally I want another MicroLeauge Wrestling. turn-based strategy wrestling? Great for the time, but man it could be amazing now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I know Soulplaya's dream would be to have Kane in a god of war type of game.

But you know who deserves it? Ultimate Warrior.

You heard me Soul, Warrior > Kane.

CAUSE HE HAD THE INTENSITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HOKE HOGAN
Warrior wouldn't work in a GoW game.

Kane does, however.

strobogo

Banned
It exists. WWF Betrayal on the Game Boy Color.

Wrestlemania XIX did it way better.

In Revenge Mode, a player can select any superstar on the roster (except for Stephanie and Vince McMahon) or a created superstar. The story begins with the player being dragged out of an arena by security guards and being literally tossed on the street. Later, the player encounters Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie notices that the player wants revenge on Vince McMahon for firing them, and the player and Stephanie devise a plan: to ruin Mr. McMahon's flagship pay-per-view: WrestleMania. To do this, Stephanie sends you to various locations and you must assault the various characters you encounter in each location, destroy WWE property, including blowing up an under construction skyscraper, crashing a WWE barge, wrecking the cars in a WWE parking lot, and so on. In the process, you also kill a multitude of security guards and WWE personnel who attack you with wrestling moves by throwing them into moving traffic, off the top of the skyscraper, and off the edge of the barge into the water below, eventually going on to ruin WrestleMania XIX.

It was awesome throwing belly to bellies and F5s to mall security guards on an escalator.

Revenge mode was amazing, except for like the attempt at platforming where your chosen wrestler (obviously Kane) tries to Donkey Kong their way across a bunch of swinging chains and the crap system has you plummet into the passing cars below. The multiplayer revenge mode stages were the best.

On an unrelated note I have spotted Keyser Soze's junior doppelganger Keysersoze, it's a real fake Undertaker/Kane situation coming up.

Top Bottom