• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Despite all the doubts people are having about filling 3-hours without the 1000th show angle, I really feel like this is going to be a great Raw. People will be like "surprisingly decent Raw" which = "awesome" (you'll rarely see glowing praise here, it's always "decent" and "pretty good" and "ok" because it's cool to dislike the product).

Edit- Next week I'm not so sure about. I think it might be bad. Vince will make sure tonight is a good show tho because it's important to have a good follow-up to the 1000th show instead of a stinker. Just my gut feelings on this, I have no basis for these thoughts.

Kaladin

You know the upside of AJ being a Raw General Manager?

Looking back at the list of Monday Night Raw General Managers, only Vicky Guerrero remains on tv on a regular basis. This can only mean that AJ won't be on television this time next year.....hell, probably by the Royal Rumble even.

Despite all the doubts people are having about filling 3-hours without the 1000th show angle, I really feel like this is going to be a great Raw. People will be like "surprisingly decent Raw" which = "awesome" (you'll rarely see glowing praise here, it's always "decent" and "pretty good" and "ok" because it's cool to dislike the product).

You have a mind for The Business

Jackson50

I nearly forgot Raw was three hours. Oh my.
The delusion is strong with this mark.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Edit- Next week I'm not so sure about. I think it might be bad. Vince will make sure tonight is a good show tho because it's important to have a good follow-up to the 1000th show instead of a stinker. Just my gut feelings on this, I have no basis for these thoughts.

Your shtick got old a long time ago.

Looking back at the list of Monday Night Raw General Managers, only Vicky Guerrero remains on tv on a regular basis. This can only mean that AJ won't be on television this time next year.....hell, probably by the Royal Rumble even.

I wish Raw would follow the NXT format for General Managers. They had Dusty Rhodes come out on the first episode and ever since then the only mention has been "Our General Manager Dusty Rhodes has put together a great main event tonight".

AJ/Bryan should be better than the usual, but I don't relish yet another authority figure vs wrestler angle.

Unfortunately due to my night class which ends around 9 I won't be able to catch the show live and will have to watch it tomorrow. Earlier I could get home and only miss the first 15-20 mins but with it being 3 hours now I'd miss like half the show. Ehh, the Summer semester is over after next week so it's fine.

Your shtick got old a long time ago.
Nothing about that post was a "shtick", but go on and continue belittling if it makes you feel better about yourself. :)

Too Many Heels!!

kobev.gif

Kaladin

I wish Raw would follow the NXT format for General Managers. They had Dusty Rhodes come out on the first episode and ever since then the only mention has been "Our General Manager Dusty Rhodes has put together a great main event tonight".

AJ/Bryan should be better than the usual, but I don't relish yet another authority figure vs wrestler angle.

That's why Raw GMs don't stick around on tv. It's always authority figure vs wrestler and the authority figure will always loose.

Well it's just as soon as I wake up I'm already humming it. It wont leave!
If only I could wake up so dramatically.

Who is ready for less than 30 minutes of actual wrestling on a 3 hour show?

sub 30 minutes of wrestling, minimal plot progression (main event feuds only), more advert time than anything else, a good chunk of time devoted to social media and plenty more of Cena, the new era of Raw is upon us, i'm not sure i'm ready for this.

pants

Yeah, I cant watch live either, scheduling problems. So I usually watch the second I get from work. TNA has really turned the corner, I used to bad mouth the show from the J.J. era all the way up until mid last year-ish. With Roode as the face of the company they have really turned it around for me, story wise, in ring, promos. I only see it getting better with A.A. in the main event now.

I miss black machismo :(

Yeah, I cant watch live either, scheduling problems. So I usually watch the second I get from work. TNA has really turned the corner, I used to bad mouth the show from the J.J. era all the way up until mid last year-ish. With Roode as the face of the company they have really turned it around for me, story wise, in ring, promos. I only see it getting better with A.A. in the main event now.

I miss black machismo :(

You bad mouthed TNA in 2004-2006? S'wrong witchu?

Aiii

So not worth it

You have angered me.

pants

Just their PPVs. I like their wrestling, but not their promos or story lines.

I feel Impact has gotten much much better of late, but their PPVs are still really failing to deliver for me.

Destination X this year had a couple of great matches, a couple middle of the road, and at least three were pretty bad. By contrast last year Impact was totally unwatchable, but Destination X was pretty phenomenal all the way through. This was true of the 2008ish-2010ish era of TNA as well, so I think they can never quite get it all right.

Jeff Jarrett.

JJ was not bad enough to overcome AJ, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Angle, and the great X Division at the time, among other stuff. How'd you ever make it through the HHH years, or the current Cena Era?

Wrestling is like a RPG. Raw and Smackdown is the story, NXT and Superstars are the side quest and the PPV are the boss battles. Oh and FCW is those awesome secret side quest.

WWE is like the Call of Duty of RPGs.

Kaladin

JJ was not bad enough to overcome AJ, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Angle, and the great X Division at the time, among other stuff. How'd you ever make it through the HHH years, or the current Cena Era?

I'd say the JJ Era was worse than the Triple H Era. At least with Triple H, you believed people were a threat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing about that post was a "shtick", but go on and continue belittling if it makes you feel better about yourself. :)

It's not fair to Heavy! I'll be your Bobby Heenan, buddy.

I'd say the JJ Era was worse than the Triple H Era. At least with Triple H, you believed people were a threat.

I just never paid attention to him. I was there for the athleticism and great wrestling which TNA was providing at the time. Everyone knew what the REAL main event was.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Their story lines are generally good these days. People have an actual reason to feud.

I give it a try every now and then, but I sadly don't see it. Bully Ray and his issue with Joseph Park is good on paper, but I can't stand to hear either of them talk about it.

The ninjas/Aces and 8 thing is generic as possible for an attack. I admit here because I haven't been watching I might not see if it has any meaning, but I don't care about Sting and Hogan's issues with them.

The issue with Styles made me turn the show off until I see in this chat it's over with.

Aries and Roode I'll agree that something is there and it was interesting, and them I get caught up on through youtube clips or TNA's website, but that's one out of many.

Nothing about the X-Diversion (not a typo) guys makes me like or care about them at all.

Anyone else, I don't seem to miss a thing by skipping the show outside of once every couple of months.

Hopefully they get to a point where they are great and I have to tune in, but right now, they are at the same level as ROH or AAA for me. They have reasons to feud, but not enough for me to care about it as a story. Then they yell.

Wrestling is like a RPG. Raw and Smackdown is the story, NXT and Superstars are the side quest and the PPV are the boss battles. Oh and FCW is those awesome secret side quest.

Indies must be where all the grinding is done.
This all goes nicely with what I was saying last night...

As we've deduced Cena is on a higher plane in the WWE hierarchy, he is essentially the god of the WWE universe, at this point I propose the idea that Cena has become one of those JRPG final bosses who have like 5 forms, a god complex and cannot be taken down without an elite team of high level main eventers working together after having level grinded on the midcarders.

Though i'd say that Smackdown was like the arena area you go only for battles because there is no plot progression on SD.

UberTag

I'm looking forward to the day where the time devoted to Touts on RAW eclipses the amount of time devoted to wrestling.

Jeff Jarrett.

I just never paid attention to him. I was there for the athleticism and great wrestling which TNA was providing at the time. Everyone knew what the REAL main event was.
Jeff Jarrett was bad, but he wasn't as bad a Triple H was. He wasn't a problem either during 2006, which I still feel is TNA's best year. That was the year everyone felt that TNA could become an actual threat to WWE in the near future. Obviously we were wrong.

Top Bottom