• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

XenoRaven

I hope one day we can get to a point where RAW actually has no wrestling. It's just 3 hours of people talking about possibly wrestling each other, with some comedy bits and product placement thrown in, and then all the actual matches will happen on PPVs.

DMczaf

I was watching a lot of those History channel shows when I was out of town for that other wedding earlier this month. They're so fucking bad, but you just keep watching...and watching...and watching because when one ends, they cut right to the next one without a break! ASSHOLES

Pawn Stars was weird as fuck, why does that bald dude know so much about god damn everything? You bring in fucking lint, and he breaks down the history of lint right on the spot. I don't think these shows are unscripted, guys.

I hope one day we can get to a point where RAW actually has no wrestling. It's just 3 hours of people talking about possibly wrestling each other, with some comedy bits and product placement thrown in, and then all the actual matches will happen on PPVs.
Give it a few years.

DMczaf

I found out one of my cousins works on Pawn Stars. Maybe I should watch that instead.

Guys let's watch Pawn Stars tonight.

WWE Network should have a Pawn Stars type show where WWE fans bring in random memorabilia and then some bald dude breaks down the history of that memorabilia on the spot.

ecurbj

It's going to be the new Soap Operas...

Kaladin

"Why do we still need this ring? Drop the ring and the entrance ramp and we can add a few hundred more butts in the seats. We'll bring out wrestlers for promos and run back stage angles for Monday Night Raw. It will be the best damn sketch variety show on television."

XenoRaven

I found out one of my cousins works on Pawn Stars. Maybe I should watch that instead.

Guys let's watch Pawn Stars tonight.
Don't do it guys. It's a terrible show. Here, I'll save you all the trouble.

*Guy walks in*
Guy - "I want to sell this (random artifact from history)"
Pawn Star - "Wow that looks pretty interesting but I don't know much about stuff from that era. Let me call (random "expert" on whatever the item is)"
Expert - "Wow this is a very rare piece!"
Pawn Star - "Ok thank you random expert dude. So guy, how much were you looking to get for this?"
Guy - "$10,000"
Pawn Star - "*stifles laughter* No way. I can do $4,000 at best."
Guy - "But random expert guy just said it's super rare!"
Pawn Star - "I know. But look man, I have to turn a profit on this thing. It's going to take up space on my shelf, and I can't guarantee I'll even be able to sell it. $4,500. Final offer."
Guy - "Ok deal."

AND THAT'S THE SHOW.

DMczaf

There was an episode where one of the dudes bought a crashed helicopter, rebuilt and then they flew in it.

THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
WWE Network should have a Pawn Stars type show where WWE fans bring in random memorabilia and then some bald dude breaks down the history of that memorabilia on the spot.

Matt Striker for random history on the wrestler, Zack Ryder for his unnatural fetish for all things wrestling figures. It'll be a huge hit in dubbed markets.

Kaladin

Don't do it guys. It's a terrible show. Here, I'll save you all the trouble.

*Guy walks in*
Guy - "I want to sell this (random artifact from history)"
Pawn Star - "Wow that looks pretty interesting but I don't know much about stuff from that era. Let me call (random "expert" on whatever the item is)"
Expert - "Wow this is a very rare piece!"
Pawn Star - "Ok thank you random expert dude. So guy, how much were you looking to get for this?"
Guy - "$10,000"
Pawn Star - "*stifles laughter* No way. I can do $4,000 at best."
Guy - "But random expert guy just said it's super rare!"
Pawn Star - "I know. But look man, I have to turn a profit on this thing. It's going to take up space on my shelf, and I can't guarantee I'll even be able to sell it. $4,500. Final offer."
Guy - "Ok deal."

AND THAT'S THE SHOW.

Basically......throw in a few variations and you have an episode.

krae_man

"Why do we still need this ring? Drop the ring and the entrance ramp and we can add a few hundred more butts in the seats. We'll bring out wrestlers for promos and run back stage angles for Monday Night Raw. It will be the best damn sketch variety show on television."

The Ramp and Ring won't add many seats or in some cases any at all. With a Hockey rink, the most the Fire Marshall will allow on the floor is about 1500 I don't think the WWE is under that with their setup. The Stage and Titan Tron however kill off thousands of seats. It killed off about 4000 seats at MSG between the 2008 Rumble and 2011 Survivor Series for example.

How long has Kane had his current crappy theme?

Crap?
You absolute Hornswoggle*
OHHHH I bet you love that lyrical one singing about some random women being Kane's chemical for some baffling reason, now this current theme, its an updated old classic, show some respect!

So just watching some smackdown highlights and i've gotta say, why the hell is Del Rio the number 1 contender again? how desperate are they to get this to work? since April they have been slowly feeding as this dreck of a feud, ADR isn't bad in the ring but he gets like no reaction and it makes the already bland SD seem even blander, give Rhodes a title feud or something.

*= A little bastard or an individual who can ruin any moment

Kaladin

The Ramp and Ring won't add many seats or in some cases any at all. With a Hockey Rink, the most the Fire Marshall will allow on the floor is about 1500 I don't think the WWE is under that with their setup. The Stage and Titan Tron however kill off thousands of seats. It killed off about 4000 seats at MSG between the 2008 Rumble and 2011 Survivor Series for example.

I think of it as more like a concert set-up. They could go from the standard wrestling arena set-up on the floor to a reserved concert seating set-up in most arenas. It seems to me that the concert set-up would allow for more seats.

krae_man

How long has Kane had his current crappy theme?

What they've done with Kane is the right thing(Minus the constant pointless remixing). Entrance Music shouldn't change unless the character fundamentally changes.

Crap like Ted Dibase's entrance music changing like 4 times in a year and a half despite having the exact same "I'm rich and that makes me better then you character" needs to end.

I think of it as more like a concert set-up. They could go from the standard wrestling arena set-up on the floor to a reserved concert seating set-up in most arenas. It seems to me that the concert set-up would allow for more seats.

If they want more capacity, the best thing to do is have a centre ring and nothing else. In my experience 1500 has been the floor capacity with several staging setups in the arena I work in.

DMczaf

Yay one hour to go!

Wnz78.gif

When is the new belt going to debut? Or is it supposed to debit he night after Hunner Slam after Punk in the match before HHH/Brock defeats Cena by screw job finish?

And can I get a Tout out?

Kaladin

If they want more capacity, the best thing to do is have a centre ring and nothing else. In my experience 1500 has been the floor capacity with several staging setups in the arena I work in.

I guess you would know more about it than I would, but they aren't getting rid of the titon tron.

Are we ready for another amazing, commercial filled RAW tonight?!

No one is ever truly ready for Raw, it's either surprisingly better than expected or somehow manages to fall below the already low expectations.

I may stick around for the opening promo with the hope of CM Punk, aside from that i'll flee as to save myself from the advert assault and return on the morrow wielding the mystical power of being able to fast forwards the very time of the WWE universe.

It would be Passions without pants

PASSIONS! I used to fucking LOVE that show! I watched it all the time when I was in college. I remember the first time I saw a commercial for Face-Off on SyFy I was like "It's Sheridan Crane-Lopez-Fitzgerald!" and my wife looked at me like I had two heads. :LOL

Kyoufu

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame
As we all form one dark flame
As we all...

Ithil

Well I just listened to the entire 40 minute+ New World Symphony (Or Symphony No. 9 From the New World, whatever you want to call it) and now I can only say "fuck Hallelujah". Give Damien Sandow this theme again.

Sokantish

Well I just listened to the entire 40 minute+ New World Symphony (Or Symphony No. 9 From the New World, whatever you want to call it) and now I can only say "fuck Hallelujah". Give Damien Sandow this theme again.

It should just play during his two minute matches as well.

You guys couldn't possibly be any more negative towards WWE. I am excited. I can't wait for Raw tonight.

Assuming this isn't a troll (which 75% of the posts in this thread have become, approaching NBA-gaf levels), I'm glad there's at least another member of WG looking forward to the show.

Anyway, my prof. let us go after handing in our work, pretty weird class. Scheduled from 6 to 9:30pm and half the time we get out before 7.

T-minus 26 minutes!

Heretic

Damn, might get banned for posting in the Chick Fil A thread. Extremely sensitive subject.
Pretty soon I'm going to hunt with hand made weapons and grow crops with my own personal fertilizer just to avoid supporting the wrong cause.

I seriously doubt you'll get banned for that. And wow at the hate you got. You're like Vicky Guerrero over there! Lol

Top Bottom