• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

I'm game if he's game. We'll need to set aside some time to come up with schtick.
Rehashing Santino-Koslov material will only carry us so far.
The highlight of Kozlov's career, that pretty much sums him up.

It's gonna be an UberTag team match playa!.....I couldn't resist.

I wonder what Kane's role is in the WWE commercial. I mean, he has his own office!
WWE parents on the corporate side of their website, he's got those family values to uphold.

There is so much to pick apart with J.R.'s statement.

1) J.R. is a WWE shill. (There is nothing wrong with that either)
2) He needs to watch 'Fatal Attraction' again
3) When Trish and Lita ended Raw, they did so in an actual wrestling match. How would ending RAW with a AJ/whoever match go over? It's not even comparable
4) JR also tweeted this brilliance last night:

We can agree to disagree here, but don't bring in a guy who works for the company to try and strengthen your argument.

1. He's also the best talent scout they've ever had and isn't one to mince words if it goes against what he believes
2. Probably, but AJ is doing a fine job
3. AJ got involved in an actual wrestling match. Men have closed out Raw by interfering in matches before as well. It seems like a lot of the criticism thrown at AJ is that she doesn't count as important because she's not in a "women's" story, but what does it really fucking matter? She is a woman with meaningful involvement in a wrestling story that isn't tied to being aligned with a man, that's what we call progress
4. JR was talking about an backstage segment that could've had a blinking sign that said FORESHADOWING on it and it seems like you'd still miss it.

This Yes! chant has to be one of the best things in a long time, sadly enough. It provides me with endless cheap laughs.

Also, love how Jericho basically doing part of his wcw character with his hilarious over reactions like when John Cena came out last for that tag match:

r5DZ1.gif
loved that

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wonder what Kane's role is in the WWE commercial. I mean, he has his own office!
You know, I noticed that. Everyone else seemed to just have a cubicle, while Kane had his own huge ass office. Shows you where he is on the totem pole.

Big Show: cubicle
Kane: Cool Ass Office.

Makes me question why we watch it though.

Because we're all crazy people with varying levels of bad taste when it comes to This Business™. I've accepted that fact and am seeking help.

And assuming any future booking of the character will suck when it's been an enjoyable development for over six months? I don't get it. At all.

WWE can't close. And if you can't close, what happened before doesn't matter. It's all about the ending. I'd rather hold my cynicism close and feel nothing when they inevitably screw it up.

somedevil

Early Raw Ratings:

Raw did 4.70 million viewers last night, virtually identical to last week. The rating should fall between a 3.2 and 3.4.

So the rating will most likely be another 3.3 like last week. So the ratings seem to be stronger than last summer and seem to gone up when Johnny Ace was fired.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I noticed that. Everyone else seemed to just have a cubicle, while Kane had his own huge ass office. Shows you where he is on the totem pole.

Maybe that's why Show beat him in 4 minutes. He got lazy in his fancy office. Needs more of the old embraccing the hate instead of complacency.

McNei1y

This Yes! chant has to be one of the best things in a long time, sadly enough. It provides me with endless cheap laughs.

loved that

I agree on both parts. The Yes! chant is just so fucking good and its even better that it came from Bryan himself.

I'm going to keep saying every now and then that I want more Bryan and Jericho. Jericho has always been my favorite with Jeff Hardy and The Rock. I was a huge mark when Jericho came to Raw and faced The Rock.

Maybe that's why Show beat him in 4 minutes. He got lazy in his fancy office. Needs more of the old embraccing the hate instead of complacency.

Kane probably has some assistant doing all of his work. Sell out!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If there is one thing I hope we can all agree on, it's that these two should not be in singles matches together. They do not mesh well, ever.
Very few mesh well with Big Show. Outside of Kane, the WWE doesn't have any other competent big man wrestler.

ecurbj

It still doesn't compare to this three minute SQUASH match that Kane laid on Show back in 2002. (note the beautiful girl with the Kane sign at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJhEFc3wsQ
God damn I miss the old Kane. But this match was awkward. It was hard to take Show down and really it's hard watching him with the other wrestlers on the roster because it's hard for him to fake an injury.

Glad he got his shoulder hit with that chair last night.

But of course, Big show answers to Kane, the cake dialogue is evidence of this.
It still doesn't compare to this three minute SQUASH match that Kane laid on Show back in 2002. (note the beautiful girl with the Kane sign at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJhEFc3wsQ
Kane kicks out the showstopper, Show cannot handle the chokeslam from hell. Even his chokeslam is higher on the totem pole.

I do miss the classic Big Show Showstopper though, awesome move, now in the off chance he does it over the punch of infinite blandness it's usually kind of cack.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
God damn I miss the old Kane. But this match was awkward. It was hard to take Show down and really it's hard watching him with the other wrestlers on the roster because it's hard for him to fake an injury.

Glad he got his shoulder hit with that chair last night.
Show is an absolutely terrible wrestler. They had Kane squash him, simply to prove a point. Big Show is the only wrestler that I can ever remember where the Undertaker actually called him out on a public shoot interview as being a complete disappointment. Taker is a guy who loves to protect the business, but even he had no problem shitting on Show (like Vince did a few weeks back). Big Show is a complete underachiever.

http://youtu.be/S18RryHbPZ0?t=9m42s

And what pisses me off is that he could be great. His ECW title run was fantastic (arguably the best world title run of the past decade in the WWE), but that was because he was motivated. He totally lacks it, however.

Even Vince was so disappointed with Show in 2000 that he booted him out to lose weight and WWE removed him from WWF No Mercy and Smackdown 2 games.
At least I think that's how it goes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Even Vince was so disappointed with Show in 2000 that he booted him out to lose weight and WWE removed him from WWF No Mercy and Smackdown 2 games.
At least I think that's how it goes.
Yeah, they kicked him out and sent him to OVW (after giving him a WWF title run, lol), so that he could learn how to properly wrestle. The amazing thing is that the Taker shoot that I linked to comes a year after Show came back from OVW, lol.

Yeah, they kicked him out and sent him to OVW (after giving him a WWF title run, lol), so that he could learn how to properly wrestle. The amazing thing is that the Taker shoot that I linked to comes a year after Show came back from OVW, lol.

They even gave him a WM main event in the same year, maybe that's why he got bum rushed out of the match in like 2 minutes.
Kane wins again, he got to main event WM20 in a singles match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What Vince gets for giving him such a massive contract - probably guaranteed pay.
Which is probably why he had such little motivation. It pisses me off that push after push gets wasted on this guy. Yeah, he'll just get jobbed out, but I would rather have seen Tensai get the damn push than Show.

They even gave him a WM main event in the same year, maybe that's why he got bum rushed out of the match in like 2 minutes.
Kane wins again, he got to main event WM20 in a singles match.
You're damn right he did.

Striker

Which is probably why he had such little motivation. It pisses me off that push after push gets wasted on this guy. Yeah, he'll just get jobbed out, but I would rather have seen Tensai get the damn push than Show.
I think Tensai was originally given the story, or push, but they had the repackage idea. Giving Big Show these random, big pushes that makes him out to be a monster has been done so many times already - it's tiresome. I think I enjoyed him most when he was in the tag division with Miz and previously before that with Jericho.

When Barrett comes back I want him to be in the main event scene. Guy has the look, skillset, and mic work. It's so embarrassing they buried him in the Nexus-Cena angle; he seemed to be going places when he pushed Orton down the stairs. Unfortunately they kind of screwed that up too with an unfinished climax.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Big Show can wrestle..he just can't pull off some moves because ya..know...he'll kill people with them. You need to be 400lbs+ for Show to pull off a top rope elbow. His moonsault would kill a normal man.

The most memorable Raw with women ending the show had to be Trish vs. Victoria in a street fight. The best women's match on free tv in forever.

2nd was Lita getting chair raped by Stone Cold :D

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think Tensai was originally given the story, or push, but they had the repackage idea. Giving Big Show these random, big pushes that makes him out to be a monster has been done so many times already - it's tiresome. I think I enjoyed him most when he was in the tag division with Miz and previously before that with Jericho.

When Barrett comes back I want him to be in the main event scene. Guy has the look, skillset, and mic work. It's so embarrassing they buried him in the Nexus-Cena angle; he seemed to be going places when he pushed Orton down the stairs. Unfortunately they kind of screwed that up too with an unfinished climax.
It still pisses me off so much that that careless oaf injured Barrett. The guy would be in the main event scene by now, but he's not even in any of the ladder matches because of Big Show.

28 instances of Kane in the last 22 posts of this thread.
tumblr_m6h3hmhsD21rxwkaho1_250.gif

Striker

lol.

Reminds me of 2010 in the summer. Undertaker got his orbital bone broken by Rey and month or so later Rey got the title off of Jack Swagger.

ecurbj

I'm sorry if this is a newb question. I've been watching wrestling for years but would wait till the correct times they are presented on cable. RAW- Monday, Friday- SmackDown. Now I know SmackDown is taped Tuesdays. Is there anyway to watch it live when it starts at 8PM?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm sorry if this is a newb question. I've been watching wrestling for years but would wait till the correct times they are presented on cable. RAW- Monday, Friday- SmackDown. Now I know SmackDown is taped Tuesdays. Is there anyway to watch it live when it starts at 8PM?

It's live tonight.

They normally do a live show every other month or so for SD.

jobber

you actually can watch Smackdown live on Tuesdays if you have one of those giant satellite dishes in your yard with the right descrambler or you can wait til Wednesday morning at 11am east for WWE to send the show to the networks.

ecurbj

It's live tonight.

They normally do a live show every other month or so for SD.

Thanks. I knew tonight was live but was talking about for the rest of the SmackDowns.

you actually can watch Smackdown live on Tuesdays if you have one of those giant satellite dishes in your yard with the right descrambler or you can wait til Wednesday morning at 11am east for WWE to send the show to the networks.
Not sure if your being sacastic or not. I was asking a question and wanted a straight answer. I didn't know anything about when Friday SmackDown comes on TV it's actually a taping from Tuesday. I never knew this or cared. Until now.

It was a question. Thanks away.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not sure if your being sacastic or not. I was asking a question and wanted a straight answer. I didn't know anything about when Friday SmackDown comes on TV it's actually a taping from Tuesday. I never knew this or cared. Until now.

Dude, he's not being sarcastic or trying to be rude. That is the legit answer.

jobber

Thanks. I knew tonight was live but was talking about for the rest of the SmackDowns.

your avatar disturbs me.

I found this interesting because review a wai were going to review the 500 episode of Raw but couldn't find it, but I found a review of the show. Man, the anger in this review goes right through the monitor and could of been written by a poster here.

It also, shows that Raw 2012 is still better than raw in 2002 though its not saying much.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/31363/The-SmarK-RAW-Rant---December-2-2002.htm

smackdown starts at 8

While that show doesn't sound great at all, they spent time furthering storylines in both the women's and tag team divisions. Sounds like an improvement to me

Top Bottom