• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

somedevil

What's crazier is that Smackdown is the one leading into MitB. They'll have a dead crowd after all that Raw and tired wrasslers. I don't know, sounds pretty rough.

Don't worry for smackdown they have the seagull pop button, the boo button and the no button ready to make it sound like the crowd is alive.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What's crazier is that Smackdown is the one leading into MitB. They'll have a dead crowd after all that Raw and tired wrasslers. I don't know, sounds pretty rough.
Oh no! A quiet crowd at SD!? However will they manage?!

Like somedevil said, seagull pop will solve that.

Why are they recording both next Monday?
Colorado is experiencing massive wildfires. It's not safe to travel there, right now.

Actually what do we expect Cena to do with his money in the suitcase when he no doubt wins it? a sneaky cash in viewed as heroic because it's on a heel? (see above).
Or a Punk rematch for Summerslam where Cena does an RVD and specifies a match using his case?

This is what will happen, I'd stake my mask on it.

somedevil

Also, love how Jericho basically doing part of his wcw character with his hilarious over reactions like when John Cena came out last for that tag match:

r5DZ1.gif

bangai-o

Banned
this morning i had adream i was watching wrestling. BigShow did a yo mamma joke on Otunga and the crowed was all "oooooowwwww"
then i saw this black tornado outsidemy window so i went to go get a camera to record it but when i stepped outside i became out of breath and came back inside. I started hearing AJs theme song and i woke up.

Never forget, the only time I ever cared about something I saw on a pre-show. One of the greatest moments in the history of wrestling and perhaps, all sport.

d-bry_and_aj_foreveryes.gif

If we end up back here I swear the joy will go towards mending the pain that event inflicted on me. True birth of our hero or not, the wound was so deep Vince. Now I know how Bret felt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Never forget, the only time I ever cared about something I saw on a pre-show. One of the greatest moments in the history of wrestling and perhaps, all sport.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/jonathan_nz/d-bry_and_aj_foreveryes.gif

If we end up back here I swear the joy will go towards mending the pain that event inflicted on me. True birth of our hero or not, the wound was so deep Vince. Now I know how Bret felt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3agG11vR6Uw

Aiii

So not worth it
This Y2J is so much better then the one from the Punk feud. Bryan and Y2J feud is gonna be awesome. Lets hope it's with Bryan as champ, however unlikely that may be. Hashtag believe.

I could never hate mah boy D-Bry, even if it was him that got the Cena 2 job lol. From everything I've seen over the years he seems nothing but a very cool dude. He is impossible not to cheer for. I so very much want to see him get what he deserves.

Punk is my 2nd fav wrestler and I was over the moon to see him finally become 'the man' last year.

I have my preferred roles but really I just want them on my TV winning shit, cutting awesome promos and wrestling cool.

I hear rumblings that the Barrett Barrage may be back very soon, I am excite!

I had no idea SD was live tonight until you guys mentioned it, if it was announced on Raw then clearly I wasn't paying attention.

The Best and Worst of Raw 7/2/12: AJ Wins. Flawless Victory.
Best: Tyson Kidd On Raw, or
Worst: Tyson Kidd Getting Like 12 Seconds On Raw

Remember the “emotional roller-coaster” list I made for the Alberto Del Rio/Sin Cara match? Here’s the one I had for Tyson Kidd/Tensai.

1. Hey, Tyson Kidd’s on Raw!
2. the f**k

Tyson Kidd pins Lord Tensai with a roll-up a la Kelly Kelly in Kelly Kelly time, then we launch into another “Tensai beats up his assistant” segment that lasts longer than the match. Lawler saying “this is more embarrassing for Tensai than anything” was weirdly accurate.

THEN we jump backstage to the hilarious nobodies locker room we never see on Raw (Tyson could’ve at least had a pair of casual jorts hanging up in the background like Cena) for a sideline interview (“we just went out there and played our game”) and a Lord Tensai attack. Guys have to be tough and scary for these attacks to work. You made sure Tensai was not tough or scary. You didn’t even have him Mountain Dew hand the guy, he just tossed him into some lockers.
Best: And Here We … Go

For the first time in a long time, the ending to Raw was great.

It’s our first official confirmation that AJ doesn’t give a crap about these guys anymore and is just trying to make their lives miserable. She pretends like she’s going to commit wrestling suicide (jumping off the top rope through a table, the most deadly thing you could do to yourself) (you need assistance to get a chokeslam to Hell, which is the worst overall) to get them involved, then more or less pisses in their faces and taunts over their dead bodies.
AJ_Triumphant.gif

Jericho_DBry_Backstage.gif

Ithil

I can see why you'd want AJ to end this storyline on her own, and moving on to other things as a solo Diva babyface who's over with audiences. However, I can't shake the feeling that despite all that she'd flounder in the black hole of the current WWE Divas division, even if she got the title.

It's not right, but it's how it is, and I don't want her main event exposure to stop now, she's the only Diva in the last number of years to really get over with the crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best part of the night:

Best: AJ Lee, Florist
And the most popular moment of Raw from the perspective of the With Leather open discussion thread commenting community goes to AJ, for responding to Daniel Bryan’s Corey Matthews-esque apology attempt by biting off the head of a rose and spitting it at (I’m assuming) Primo just off-screen. I know this had to be particularly stressful for a vegan to watch.

AJ_Rose.gif

I can see why you'd want AJ to end this storyline on her own, and moving on to other things as a solo Diva babyface who's over with audiences. However, I can't shake the feeling that despite all that she'd flounder in the black hole of the current WWE Divas division, even if she got the title.

It's not right, but it's how it is, and I don't want her main event exposure to stop now, she's the only Diva in the last number of years to really get over with the crowd.

That is the problem with pushing a diva as hard as they are. Sure she might be over somewhat at the moment while being attached to the WWE title feud, but that is weeks away from being over. After that she either goes back to being a valet, returns to the Diva's division that nobody cares about, or is shoehorned into another main event level storyline where people will begin/continue to lose interest.

Aiii

So not worth it
That is the problem with pushing a diva as hard as they are. Sure she might be over somewhat at the moment while being attached to the WWE title feud, but that is weeks away from being over. After that she either goes back to being a valet, returns to the Diva's division that nobody cares about, or is shoehorned into another main event level storyline where people will begin/continue to lose interest.

Or, she gets a good new storyline and we continue to enjoy her segments. Doesn't hurt to view good things in a positive light every now and then.

Or, she gets a good new storyline and we continue to enjoy her segments. Doesn't hurt to view good things in a positive light every now and then.

A new storyline where she is a valet, or a wrestler? If it's a wrestler, nobody will care. If it's a valet, her character is going to have to change. Tossing her into another main storyline where she continues to be "crazy" just isn't going to work.

Yeah, getting all pissy because Orton shook your hand, telling people to hate or whatever.

And then he tosses all of that aside to aide a woman who was so blatantly using you that even Stevie Wonder could see it.
And Stevie Wonder doesn't even know anything about wrestling.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, getting all pissy because Orton shook your hand, telling people to hate or whatever.

And then he tosses all of that aside to aide a woman who was so blatantly using you that even Stevie Wonder could see it.
And Stevie Wonder doesn't even know anything about wrestling.
Used him? Kane squeezed her, then let her go when he was done.

Kane doesn't care about winning a match or some toy belt. It's all about the paper and the women.

Ithil

A new storyline where she is a valet, or a wrestler? If it's a wrestler, nobody will care. If it's a valet, her character is going to have to change. Tossing her into another main storyline where she continues to be "crazy" just isn't going to work.

So what WOULD work, then?

Aiii

So not worth it
So what WOULD work, then?

Getting pissed off about something that hasn't happened yet and can't be predicted naturally. She got six months worth of good storytelling and character development after all. Can't continue clearly.

But it can.

Top Bottom