• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

So what WOULD work, then?

Honestly? Nothing. A.J. (or any Diva) pushed this high is going to have an extremely short shelf life, and that's all there is to it. If she sides with Bryan or Punk, she will be in their shadow. If she's on her own as a Diva, nobody cares.

Getting pissed off about something that hasn't happened yet and can't be predicted naturally. She got six months worth of good storytelling and character development after all. Can't continue clearly.

But it can.

Good storytelling? Hardly. She has done a good job with the shit handed to her

Ithil

Honestly? Nothing. A.J. (or any Diva) pushed this high is going to have an extremely short shelf life, and that's all there is to it. If she sides with Bryan or Punk, she will be in their shadow. If she's on her own as a Diva, nobody cares.

Perhaps she should just ask for her release and go work as a waitress. I mean, no one in the world would notice some woman disappearing from the WWE, right?

Y'know, Punk and Bryan look like 2 chump ass chumps after last night. Cena handled Eve like a brodouche and character assassinated her but these 2 losers are getting played by a "little girl" who put them both through a table to end Raw.

Cena >>> CrayJ >>> the roster

Shit? Really? What was shit about the storyline as given to her?

Last night someone stated this AJ story has been executed well, to which I stated:

Has it been executed well though? What was all the stuff with Kane about? If she's truly "crazy" why does Kane saying "I need to stay away from you" stop her? That's very rational of the "crazy" woman leaving him alone like that after he asked nicely. What exactly is her and Punk's relationship? Is there one at all? Because Punk's character sure seems like he doesn't give a shit. What's Bryan's deal with her? The storyline was that he didn't give a crap about her, if that changed, why? I understand this might end-up being AJ working with Bryan all along, but that only serves to make Punk look like a complete idiot as they have shown nothing of him having any mutual feelings for her. Basically every guy who has been involved in this storyline has been made to look like a retard .

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Last night someone stated this AJ story has been executed well, to which I stated:
Dude, after the Kane, "You're crazy. I gotta go now." thing, I'm convinced that they are coming up with this stuff week by week, which is why it doesn't seem to make sense, or whatever long term deal they had planned, Vince just threw it away so they could quickly go with Punk/Cena (more likely).

McNei1y

Y'know, Punk and Bryan look like 2 chump ass chumps after last night. Cena handled Eve like a brodouche and character assassinated her but these 2 losers are getting played by a "little girl" who put them both through a table to end Raw.

People go through tables all the time. Not sure how Punk and Bryan ended up dead after their double stuffed table break. I guess CrayJ is just channeling some psycho power.

somedevil

You guys think this is a good storyline?

Gulp.

Good storytelling? Hardly. She has done a good job with the shit handed to her

Here we go again with this storyline. Shocking to say but people are enjoying this storyline. I hate how some here have this idea that if think the storyline is bad that anyone that likes it doesn't know what they are talking about.

This storyline is very divisive right now and just going to cause the same fights over and over again.

Dude, after the Kane, "You're crazy. I gotta go now." thing, I'm convinced that they are coming up with this stuff week by week, which is why it doesn't seem to make sense, or whatever long term deal they had planned, Vince just threw it away so they could quickly go with Punk/Cena (more likely).

I agree completely. I just can't see how people are shining this turd and calling it "great storytelling"

I bet if Cena were there he'd have called AJ a Hoeski, claimed that she isn't even crazy and is just following a script, following this AJ would've leaped off through the table with tears in her eyes while Cena pranced around the ring saluting the crowd with his music playing and smirking like this.
F2y1X.gif

You literally just said there is absolutely nothing she can do to be successful in a sustained way in the WWE.

There is nothing she can do to be successful in a sustained way ON A MAIN EVENT LEVEL WITH NUMEROUS SEGMENTS EVERY WEEK in the WWE. Pretty big difference.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I agree completely. I just can't see how people are shining this turd and calling it "great storytelling"
The reason why is because we have VERY LOW expectations, and because it was a great fucking storyline that brought us great matches, re-motivated a legend, and brought two relative new comers (Bryan and AJ) into the spotlight, plus it didn't involve a McMahon or Cena. While the Cena/Laurinitis crap was going on, it gave us a needed alternative.

It's still sort of like that, but because we see the Cena train coming, it's dampened our enjoyment because we know what is eventually coming.

Aiii

So not worth it

Has it been executed well though? What was all the stuff with Kane about? If she's truly "crazy" why does Kane saying "I need to stay away from you" stop her? That's very rational of the "crazy" woman leaving him alone like that after he asked nicely. What exactly is her and Punk's relationship? Is there one at all? Because Punk's character sure seems like he doesn't give a shit. What's Bryan's deal with her? The storyline was that he didn't give a crap about her, if that changed, why? I understand this might end-up being AJ working with Bryan all along, but that only serves to make Punk look like a complete idiot as they have shown nothing of him having any mutual feelings for her. Basically every guy who has been involved in this storyline has been made to look like a retard .

She wants to manipulate the guys to pay attention to her. Kane saying: you know what, you're not good enough for me so stay away was the exact thing she needed. Punk doesn't care about her, which he tried to tell her, but she ignored, why, because of the attention she gets from Bryan and Punk when she pulls her shenanigans.

And guess what, men are retards around females. This is the first time in years a woman is shown to be in control over men on WWE programming. How often have you done something for a girl, even one you weren't even really into, just because she asked nicely and smiled at you. There is not a single guy here or anywhere that can truthfully answer that question with a no.

Granted, it is somewhat enlarged for dramatic purposes, all of scripted television is. This storyline is the culmination of months of storytelling. AJ acting the wounded girl suckered Punk in. AJ showing some backbone and refusing to roll over like she did pre-wm to Bryan's manipulation is what suckered him in. AJ slyly being in control of these men is showing her as a multi-layered person, which hasn't happened for a diva in five years and doesn't even happen for most males.

Yes, AJ took her ball and ran with it, due to having a passion for what she does and being a decent actress, but creative deserves credit here for writing this.

I bet if Cena were there he'd have called AJ a Hoeski, claimed that she isn't even crazy and is just following a script, following this AJ would've leaped off through the table with tears in her eyes while Cena pranced around the ring saluting the crowd with his music playing and smirking like this.
F2y1X.gif

DNqZL.png

somedevil

Good job on belittling other posters to make you seem "right" about this storyline.

Geez, I can link too sites that love the storyline and those who hate it. Its not a turd but a storyline that alot of people see if different ways.

UberTag

Here we go again with this storyline. Shocking to say but people are enjoying this storyline. I hate how some here have this idea that if think the storyline is bad that anyone that likes it doesn't know what they are talking about.

This storyline is very divisive right now and just going to cause the same fights over and over again.
It doesn't mean you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Just means you're a WWE apologist with terrible taste, lowered expectations in what constitutes "a storyline" and seem perfectly content to have Vince pull the rug out of any program you invest in on a weekly basis because you'll rationalize it afterwards as being "a good move" and perfectly entertaining.

There's nothing wrong at all with being any of those things so long as you don't act surprised when others bitch and moan about it. If anything, they're the ones deluding themselves because their expectations are out of whack with the WWE's target demographic of redneck hicks and 9-year-old Jimmies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I randomly decided to watch Smackdown last week, I haven't watched wrestling in years...is that AJ chick supposed to be crazy?

Cause I'm digging it wow...

We haven't gotten to the money shot of this angle yet, but as of right now I would absolutely say that they are doing the story well. Mostly because she seems to be consistent in her direction, with escalating levels of involvement. By that I mean if we rationalize her purpose to be "hurt Daniel Bryan", she hasn't slipped out of character once.

If you really need to address some of your points then I can, but really it isn't hard to follow at all:
Kane - Up until that point she still thought she could use Kane, because he was the only one falling for her shtick each and every time. He was moving away from the Daniel Bryan story with his participation in the MITB match and seemed wise to her act so she really didn't need to waste any more time on him.

Punk - Never stated he had any desire for AJ, so there's no real conflict with him acting like he doesn't give a shit. He maybe appreciates that she's helped him out a couple of times so far, but there's no actual relationship. If we accept that AJ wants to break Bryan then she could take offence to Punk constant rejections, because the Daniel Bryan relationship taught her that "helping a guy win/maintain his championship" is the path to win someone's affection.

Bryan - Only cares about the title, does not actually give a shit about AJ. When AJ was getting involved earlier he tried to string her along a bit to keep her out of his way, that clearly didn't work. Now that AJ is the special guest referee he needs to appear as if he cares so that she doesn't ref-fuck him out of the title. (I'm kind of shocked that anyone needs this last bit spelled out for them, it's the way every Special guest ref match has worked ever since Triceratops was the ref between raptor and pteradactyl)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
She wants to manipulate the guys to pay attention to her. Kane saying: you know what, you're not good enough for me so stay away was the exact thing she needed. Punk doesn't care about her, which he tried to tell her, but she ignored, why, because of the attention she gets from Bryan and Punk when she pulls her shenanigans.

And guess what, men are retards around females. This is the first time in years a woman is shown to be in control over men on WWE programming. How often have you done something for a girl, even one you weren't even really into, just because she asked nicely and smiled at you. There is not a single guy here or anywhere that can truthfully answer that question with a no.

Granted, it is somewhat enlarged for dramatic purposes, all of scripted television is. This storyline is the culmination of months of storytelling. AJ acting the wounded girl suckered Punk in. AJ showing some backbone and refusing to roll over like she did pre-wm to Bryan's manipulation is what suckered him in. AJ slyly being in control of these men is showing her as a multi-layered person, which hasn't happened for a diva in five years and doesn't even happen for most males.

Yes, AJ took her ball and ran with it, due to having a passion for what she does and being a decent actress, but creative deserves credit here for writing this.
Lol, are you really trying to rationalize the Kane thing as some sort of long term planning move that was pulled off well? Please. Vince came up with the WWE title ladder match that day, they needed another former WWE Champ, so Kane was pulled from that storyline so he can be in the other one (God forbid someone can be in TWO storylines, lol). I'm sure there was a real long term plan, but they cut away from it AGAIN. If Kane leaving early was the original idea, then he would have left after she cost him the WWE title at NWO (smartest move they could have made). However, once we saw her in the Kane mask, I was sure they had more long term planning in store, and I'm sure they did, but they cut it short again.

Don't do this to yourself, man, it'll only make you suffer.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol, are you really trying to rationalize the Kane thing as some sort of long term planning move that was pulled off well? Please. Vince came up with the WWE title ladder match that day, they needed another former WWE Champ, so Kane was pulled from that storyline so he can be in the other one (God forbid someone can be in TWO storylines, lol). I'm sure there was a real long term plan, but they cut away from it AGAIN. If Kane leaving early was the original idea, then he would have left after she cost him the WWE title at NWO (smartest move they could have made). However, once we saw her in the Kane mask, I was sure they had more long term planning in store, and I'm sure they did, but they cut it short again.

Don't do this to yourself, man, it'll only make you suffer.

Never said that. Kane was put in for the sole reason of not having bryan vs. Punk for 3 PPV's straight. We're all aware of WWE booking. Doesn't mean the explanation creative thought of was a stretch or illogical storytelling.

Kane is on his last run. He's not going over in anything, esp. championship matches unless it's a one-month goodbye farewell run as a thank you. It's over man, he's old and will retire soon. He's not there to be in the main event anymore.

I'm slightly drunk, it's past 11 PM and I'm on my iPad. Pardon the grammar and spelling errors

somedevil

It doesn't mean you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Just means you're a WWE apologist with terrible taste, lowered expectations in what constitutes "a storyline" and seem perfectly content to have Vince pull the rug out of any program you invest in on a weekly basis because you'll rationalize it afterwards as being "a good move" and perfectly entertaining.

There's nothing wrong at all with being any of those things so long as you don't act surprised when others bitch and moan about it. If anything, they're the ones deluding themselves because their expectations are out of whack with the WWE's target demographic of redneck hicks and 9-year-old Jimmies.

lol, thanks for telling me what kind of fan I am. You know your posts are very predicable. You are the opposite side of the coin of Heavy but with a condescending attitude.

I feel like this product angers you to the point where you take it out on everyone without actual debate.

lol, thanks for telling me what kind of fan I am. You know your posts are very predicable. You are the opposite side of the coin of Heavy but with a condescending attitude.

I feel like this product angers you to the point where you take it out on everyone without actual debate.

Pair UberTag and Heavy together as an odd couple tag team, trust me it'll be awesome.
Almost as awesome as this little thing I stumbled upon...

wwe_attack_of_the_kliq_by_edwinhuang-d55kc7i.jpg

apparently this is used for something in WWE magazine, i'm oddly intrigued.

G-Fex

I got it

For the love of god WWE PLEASE give AJ psycho strength.

They've sold stupid shit before, make AJ beat down Bryan and Punk with super powered punches. And since she's a girl they can't fight her so Kaitlyn

Aiii

So not worth it
I got it

For the love of god WWE PLEASE give AJ psycho strength.

They've sold stupid shit before, make AJ beat down Bryan and Punk with super powered punches. And since she's a girl they can't fight her so Kaitlyn

Say what you will, that Shining Wizard on Vickie looked great.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Never said that. Kane was put in for the sole reason of not having bryan vs. Punk for 3 PPV's straight. We're all aware of WWE booking. Doesn't mean the explanation creative thought of was a stretch or illogical storytelling.

Kane is on his last run. He's not going over in anything, esp. championship matches unless it's a one-month goodbye farewell run as a thank you. It's over man, he's old and will retire soon. He's not there to be in the main event anymore.

I'm slightly drunk, it's past 11 PM and I'm on my iPad. Pardon the grammar and spelling errors
But see, that's where we disagree. It does seem illogical and a stretch. And it just makes me cringe, because if Vince is that willing to throw away a big part of this storyline, then what will he do to get to Cena/Punk?

Aiii

So not worth it
But see, that's where we disagree. It does seem illogical and a stretch. And it just makes me cringe, because if Vince is that willing to throw away a big part of this storyline, then what will he do to get to Cena/Punk?

We will see, who knows, we might get Cena vs. bryan. I never expected the storyline to go past mitb.

To say it will suck before we know what will happen is pointless though.

Aiii

So not worth it
As Jim Ross says:
AJ: “For my money AJ stole the show Monday night. Her crazy train, dementia riddled, girl next door persona is working. AJ makes Glenn Close’s character in ‘Fatal Attraction’ look like Paula Deen.

“When is the last time that a female garnered the closing shot on a Raw episode? AJ’s image was the last one we saw from the arena Monday night. I remember the RAW that Trish and Lita closed the show in a memorable bout. What else from the ladies has closed the show on RAW?”

As Jim Ross says:

There is so much to pick apart with J.R.'s statement.

1) J.R. is a WWE shill. (There is nothing wrong with that either)
2) He needs to watch 'Fatal Attraction' again
3) When Trish and Lita ended Raw, they did so in an actual wrestling match. How would ending RAW with an AJ/whoever match go over? It's not even comparable
4) JR also tweeted this brilliance last night:

Interesting....@CMPunk marking his turf as THE alpha male in WWE. How will @JohnCena respond? Or others??

We can agree to disagree here, but don't bring in a guy who works for the company to try and strengthen your argument.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is so much to pick apart with J.R.'s statement.

1) J.R. is a WWE shill. (There is nothing wrong with that either)
2) He needs to watch 'Fatal Attraction' again
3) When Trish and Lita ended Raw, they did so in an actual wrestling match. How would ending RAW with a AJ/whoever match go over?
4) JR also tweeted this brilliance last night:

We can agree to disagree here, but don't bring in a guy who works for the company to try and strengthen your argument.

My argument is fine on its own. Being negative based on assumption is pointless. Why even watch this stuff at all if that's the attitude. Doesn't make much sense to me really.

And assuming any future booking of the character will suck when it's been an enjoyable development for over six months? I don't get it. At all.

Top Bottom