• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Alucard

Banned
Tyson Kidd looked so good in that match. He can bump. And that ref was great! "No Tensai! STOP! The match is over!" Haha.

Pretty sure I've seen a result reversal like that before.

And random Kane moment was random, but glad that Bryan is getting more face time.

Ithil

I just want to know what room they were filming that in. Why does the arena have a tiny grotty room like that? A utility closet of some sort?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

Are you guys new to wrestling or something?

Kindof. I've been on and off and restarted a year ago when hearing christian won the championship after edge retired it.

I ask because I remember when Henry was "injuring" people with chairs post match and never got any repercussions.

tm24

Hey, legit WWE new via PWInsider

WWE announced this evening that John Laurinaitis has resigned as as Senior Vice President of Talent Operations but would be remaining with the company as a producer. The departure from the role is 100% legitimate and not part of any storyline Laurinaitis had been involved in.
Laurinaitis was quietly removed from the WWE Corporate website several weeks back, so it was a move that was in motion for some time.

While the WWE story claimed that Laurinaitis was "burnt out", several WWE sources in recent weeks noted that the changes are more a sign of Triple H taking control of certain areas of the company and re-shaping them as he wants them.

Laurinaitis' duties had been diluted over the last several years as Stephanie McMahon and Triple H took over more and more power in terms of talent relations and creating live event lineups.

Ithil

They can't use one of Brock's dates tonight, and HHH is busy, so we just get recaps telling us how important this match is instead.

Alucard

Banned
can someone pls summarize the bryan/kane/whatever segment in a few sentences pls thank you, missed the last half hour+.

The doctor told Bryan he was totally sane, but that he had issues with aggression and an obsession with Charlie Sheen. The doctor left the room, and then Kane came in and said "I'm your anger management counselor," and proceeded to knock Bryan around 2-3 times at the walls and left, leaving Bryan on the floor in pain.

Man, I'm loving the DBry segments! This is what was missing from WWE for a LONG time. Remember how many of these we got back in the day? they used to really develop characters in a way you couldnt do in the ring.

Raw going 3 hours doesnt seem so bad with skits like this

Come on, Dean Ambrose has to be somewhere near that mental asylum!

krae_man

For a moment I thought they were chanting 'Goldberg' because Ryback could use a better opponent.

Reverse the decision because the referee didn't see something is one thing, reversing because of post-match aggression another.

Shall we take the undisputed title off Taker's record book because he nailed Hogan's ass after the match?

They've done that several times in the past too. I agree its' stupid since nobody goes over but don't act like it's never happened before.

McNei1y

Yes.

Are you guys new to wrestling or something?

Not at all but I don't remember this shit happening. I just thought it was another random DQ rule that refs seem to enforce... like that one DQ in a tag match a month ago or so where someone was DQ'd for breaking up a pin or something like that.

Ithil

can someone pls summarize the bryan/kane/whatever segment in a few sentences pls thank you, missed the last half hour+.

Bryan has been getting a psych evaluation and ranting about everything and anything during it, but he still got delcared sane by the doctor then very suddenly attacked by Kane who says he is Bryan's "Anger Management" counsellor. I assume that they're going to have Sheen in Kane's corner vs. Bryan at Summerslam.

The doctor told Bryan he was totally sane, but that he had issues with aggression and an obsession with Charlie Sheen. The doctor left the room, and then Kane came in and said "I'm your anger management counselor," and proceeded to knock Bryan around 2-3 times at the walls and left, leaving Bryan on the floor in pain.
Bryan has been getting a psych evaluation and ranting about everything and anything during it, he got delcared sane by the doctor then very suddenly attacked by Kane who says he is Bryan's "Anger Management" counsellor. I assume that they're going to have Sheen in Kane's corner vs. Bryan at Summerslam.

Thanks!

iiiY0zjFaQ5iG.gif

iG7TJvhJ0CvTi.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, I've lost track of how long I've actually been watching now. Not in a "I've been entertained too much to notice", but a "why isn't it over yet" feeling.

Recaps don't help, nor this Sky Sport 2 random showing of past Raw and PPV clips.

Toki767

I always thought HHH was pretty much in charge of Talent Relations for a while now. Not surprised Johnny isn't in that role anymore to be honest.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I wonder if three hours every week is going to mean the end of the over-run? Or at least cut it down to a few minutes instead of 10-15?

Top Bottom