• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Kaladin

15YyA.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Absolutely going to do something. Again, here's my prediction:

Cena beat Big Show.
Punk runs in and beats the crap out of Cena, likely hitting him with the belt.
Punk stands over Cena or walks away like he did last week.
Punk vs. Cena gets hype for Summerslam.

Summerslam:
Punk beats Cena, cleanly.

Wrestlemania:
Rock vs. Punk, as everything comes full circle, and anything goes.
You're missing RR. More than likely going to be Rock over Punk at RR then Cena over Rock at WM.

Ithil

Cena and Show don't work well together. Punk works well with Show, since he legitimately feels like an underdog against him and acts it, but Cena is standard old Cena against him.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wish they would be talking about Wade Barrett instead. I know he is coming back soon, but it's been way too long and I want Show gone.

Ithil

You're missing RR. More than likely going to be Rock over Punk at RR then Cena over Rock at WM.

I would ask, who does that help? What does that help? It doesn't help either man, it damages the first match because it spoils its "Once In A Lifetime" tagline, and it has none of the first match's novelty.

But then, CENA WINS LOL.

King is garbage on commentary. Glad Punk is calling him out on it. If JR (who is still awesome at commentary) is too old for TV, WTF is King (who has sucked the last 5 years) still doing there?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I would ask, who does that help? What does that help? It doesn't help either man, it damages the first match because it spoils its "Once In A Lifetime" tagline, and it has none of the first match's novelty.

But then, CENA WINS LOL.
It definitely sucks but its the obvious thing to do. At least we get Punk vs. Rock and Rock as champion for a bit.

Ithil

I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan made it work just fine, or maybe I'm thinking of Mark Henry...

Henry is great to watch in the ring. Sure, he might be limited wrestling wise with his size and age, but his psychology is awesome, and his smack talk is second to none.

Can't say the same for Show, he's just standard bulky mosnter heel.

Alucard

Banned

Durr. I'd be okay with that...I guess. Either way makes sense. Cena/Rock 2 at Mania, or Punk/Cena 2...but they'll probably go with Cena/Rock 2 since it hasn't been done yet this year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan made it work just fine, or maybe I'm thinking of Mark Henry...

I think Punk has worked well with Show before, but by abd large Show is just an awful in ring wrestler, has been for years. I'm not excusing Cena, but there's just not much he can do

Sokantish

Henry is great to watch in the ring. Sure, he might be limited wrestling wise with his size and age, but his psychology is awesome, and his smack talk is second to none.

Can't say the same for Show, he's just standard bulky mosnter heel.

Yaeh but I thought Bryan got some good matches out of him, but I meant maybe I was just thinking of the matches he had with Henry.

Ithil

It definitely sucks but its the obvious thing to do. At least we get Punk vs. Rock and Rock as champion for a bit.

Eh, it seems like a terrible idea on every front to me. The real obvious thing, to me, is to have Rock defend at WM against a guy that needs a big win like that, and put him over. You could have Punk/Austin, and I don't know, Bryan vs. Rock (playing off their bit last week), or someone else.

Top Bottom