• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

DTB84.gif

This reminds me of when when they did a slingshot maneuver around The Sun in Star Trek.

Tomorrow Is Yesterday
Season 1 | Episode 19

STTomorrowYest.jpg

PLOT

On stardate 3113.2, the starship USS Enterprise NCC-1701, under the command of Captain James T. Kirk, is thrown back in time to Earth in the year 1969 by the effects of a high-gravity "black star" (one of the earliest apparent science fiction references to a black hole). The Enterprise ends up in Earth's upper atmosphere, and is picked up as a UFO on military radar.

A U.S Air Force jet interceptor piloted by Captain John Christopher (played by Roger Perry and named for the science-fiction writer John Christopher[1]), is scrambled to identify the craft. The pilot, surprised to see the strange craft floating above him, is ordered to stop the Enterprise from escaping and to shoot it down if necessary. Kirk is forced to take defensive action using a tractor beam on the jet, which accidentally tears the plane apart. Acting quickly, Kirk orders the pilot to be transported aboard the Enterprise.

The man at first is confused with his new surroundings but is amazed to learn all that the future has to offer. He discovers that Enterprise is one of 12 such starships under the authority of a combined service known as the "United Earth Space Probe Agency," and that the computer calls Kirk "dear," having been overhauled on the female-dominated planet Cygnet XIV (who thought the computer needed a personality).

Fearing Christopher could disrupt the timeline if returned to earth after seeing a glimpse of the future, Kirk decides to take the pilot back with them to the future. However, after Spock discovers that the pilot's own as-yet-unborn son, Shaun Geoffrey Christopher, will play an important role in a future space mission to Saturn, Kirk must somehow return Captain Christopher to Earth without any knowledge of Enterprise or other future events.
After learning of the existence of film taken of Enterprise by Christopher's wing-cameras, Kirk and Mr. Sulu beam down to the airbase to recover it, along with any other evidence of Enterprise's appearance which might alter history. Upon obtaining the sensitive computer-tapes, Kirk and Sulu are captured and disarmed by an Air Policeman.

When First Officer Spock tries to contact the Captain, the policeman accidentally activates an emergency-signal, and is immediately beamed aboard the Enterprise, frozen in shock. With yet another abducted native to deal with, they decide to confine him to the transporter-room to limit his exposure to future-events. While searching for film and any remaining evidence of their time intrusion, more airmen stumble upon and capture Kirk, but Sulu manages to escape. Kirk is taken away for questioning.

Spock and Sulu, with the help of Captain Christopher, beam down to rescue Captain Kirk. After Kirk's guards are subdued, Christopher finds a gun and demands to be left behind. Spock, suspicious of Christopher, steps into another room and has himself transported to a position behind Christopher, where he disables him with a Vulcan nerve pinch.

After they return to the ship, Spock and Chief Engineer Scott inform Kirk they have an idea for returning to their time by slingshotting the ship around the Earth's Sun, explaining that time will reverse as the ship races toward the star, then quickly run forward again as the ship breaks away. However, since even a small miscalculation could destroy the ship, or make them miss their own era, precise navigation and braking are required.

As the risky maneuver begins, time on board Enterprise moves backwards and Capt. Christopher is beamed back to his fighter jet at the instant he first encountered Enterprise, preventing any evidence of the ship being produced, and the sighting is written off as just another UFO. The Air Policeman is also returned to his own time, just moments before he first stumbles upon Kirk and Sulu. Enterprise then successfully returns to the 23rd Century.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for this AJ fad to die down.

Reminds me of a certain other wrestling message board I used to go to that was obsessed with Mickie James during the Trish angle then completely forgot about her after it was over

Reminds me of a certain other wrestling message board I used to go to that was obsessed with Mickie James during the Trish angle then completely forgot about her after it was over

If there's one thing you can count on The 'E for, it's that they will drop the ball with everyone. So if you don't like a wrestler that WrassleGAF is obsessed with, just give it a few months. The honeymoon will be over as soon as she's back in the diva's division with no explanation for why any of the last 4 months happened.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
so no muscular ladies huh?
You know how much shit I would get if I included one woman with a bicep in my OP?

There would be a slew of neckbeards telling me how she is secretly a man and those veins aren't just in her arms.

bangai-o

Banned
You know how much shit I would get if I included one woman with a bicep in my OP?

There would be a slew of neckbeards telling me how she is secretly a man and those veins aren't just in her arms.
great design though. it loaded perfectly on my crud mobile browser. although i cannot open links. where does clicking on the image take me?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
great design though. it loaded perfectly on my crud mobile browser. although i cannot open links. where does clicking on the image take me?
A min.us gallery of each respective person.

Glad to hear it works on mobile, that was the intention in making it 5x5.

Sup everyone? I am watching
Sabu and Rob Van Dam vs. Jinsei Shinzaki and Hayabusa so fn good.

God these were good times. I miss them so much.

Aiii

So not worth it

You are so out of luck my friend. I've been marking out on AJ when she was on NXT for a year, so even after the storyline ends you won't ever be able to escape this.

But in all seriousness. It's still pretty clear WWE is banking alot on AJ. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they kept the storyline going after Money in the Bank. It all depends on John Cena really.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You are so out of luck my friend. I've been marking out on AJ when she was on NXT for a year, so even after the storyline ends you won't ever be able to escape this.

But in all seriousness. It's still pretty clear WWE is banking alot on AJ. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they kept the storyline going after Money in the Bank. It all depends on John Cena really.
Cena? We're screwed.

Nelo Ice

Banned

If the angle actually gets big then Triple H is gonna have to run in there and save the company again.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know, it's clear that they do make some attempts at changing Cena's character and motivations. So who knows, maybe he will cash in after Punk or Bryan is beaten at Summerslam and bring a bid more "edge" into his character.

Probably not though and we'll end up with Punk vs Cena at Summerslam.

Aiii

So not worth it
But I did give some thought on this. I don't think AJ will go out of the picture quickly. With Kelly Kelly taking a break and the Bella's leaving it seems to me that they're pushing AJ as a replacement token Diva. With the key difference between them being that AJ actually wants to be a wrestler. She didn't come in as a model, actress. She worked for the sole purpose of being in the WWE, that probably went a long fucking way to convince Vince that she could be money for him. Seeing as he okay's every segment on Raw and last weeks Raw had 5 AJ segments, it does imply he's high on the girl. Rightfully so, I might add.

She will have to pick a side, which is probably gonna by Bryan (because really, they do work well together and seem to bring out good things in eachothers promo's), but I'm not entirely sure she'll pick it at MitB just yet.

bangai-o

Banned
wwe as in the writers who read wresslegaf. i think Vince locks himself in a silent room during the firs hour of Raw.the moment Ryback guitar riff starts he is back on the mich yelling in Cole's ears.

I don't know, it's clear that they do make some attempts at changing Cena's character and motivations. So who knows, maybe he will cash in after Punk or Bryan is beaten at Summerslam and bring a bid more "edge" into his character.

wut

I don't know what you've been watching but it sure wasn't Monday Night Raw® SuperShow™ starring Brock Lesnar.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
wut

I don't know what you've been watching but it's sure wasn't Monday Night Raw® SuperShow™ starring Brock Lesnar.
Yeah, I just don't see what he's talking about.

And I'm convinced over the past week that whatever the writers were planning for this feud was thrown out by Vince.

Aiii

So not worth it
wut

I don't know what you've been watching but it's sure wasn't Monday Night Raw® SuperShow™ starring Brock Lesnar.

Read carefully. "Some attempts"

That they backtrack and revert every other second is true. But you can't really deny that they've tried to do something with Cena twice. He gave this promo that he was gonna take a break after the Lesnar fight, which didn't happen, but they obviously intended too. And he did lose to the Rock and Tensai back in April, which again, was changed, but the intention was there.

I don't know if the writers or Cena are behind that, but it's probably Vince that keeps overturning these changes.

bangai-o

Banned

That they backtrack and revert every other second is true. But you can't really deny that they've tried to do something with Cena twice. He gave this promo that he was gonna take a break after the Lesnar fight, which didn't happen, but they obviously intended too. And he did lose to the Rock and Tensai back in April, which again, was changed, but the intention was there.

I don't know if the writers or Cena are behind that, but it's probably Vince that keeps overturning these changes.
i doubt Cena is putting up a fuss about losing a match. He would drop a match to Ziggler or Kofi. Vince doesnt want to risk it i guess.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i doubt Cena is putting up a fuss about losing a match. He would drop a match to Ziggler or Kofi. Vince doesnt want to risk it i guess.
What?

A former writer came out and said that Cena refused to lose from Survivor Series 2011 all the way up to WM 28. The guy cares about winning.

Aiii

So not worth it
Or, he cared about building up his loss as a major thing as he "never loses" once again indicating this was supposed to lead to a storyline.

That's like giving a basketball player points because he jumped up to shoot but passed at the last second. That don't count for nothing AND it'll probably end up in a turnover.

In other words, I CAN deny it, and will. They've shown no REAL attempts to do something different with Cena in 7 years. The burden of proof is on you, sir, and know that the jury is firmly against you and your delusions.

And I'll launch my counterattack to your next argument now: OBJECTION!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Or, he cared about building up his loss as a major thing as he "never loses" once again indicating this was supposed to lead to a storyline.
That's my point. The guy cares about when and who he loses to. He's just as concerned with protecting his losses (even for "storyline" purposes) as Vince is.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's like giving a basketball player points because he jumped up to shoot but passed at the last second. That don't count for nothing AND it'll probably end up in a turnover.

In other words, I CAN deny it, and will. They've shown no REAL attempts to do something different with Cena in 7 years. The burden of proof is on you, sir, and know that the jury is firmly against you and your delusions.

And I'll launch my counterattack to your next argument now: OBJECTION!

Argue? Why? I literally agreed with you that they did not change his character. I however, claim that they, being Cena and/or Creative, did have plans for Cena's character and still might have.

That his character will revert too old the second the ratings drop a little, is without question.

That in itself, however, does not mean he will nescessarily cash in for an actual match at Summerslam against the champion.

Argue? Why? I literally agreed with you that they did not change his character. I however, claim that they, being Cena and/or Creative, did have plans for Cena's characters and still might have.

That his character will revert too old the second the ratings drop a little, is without question.

That in itself, however, does not mean he will nescessarily cash in for an actual match at Summerslam against the champion.

Why argue? Because, that's why. I'm rambling and you're gonna sit there and argue with me.

As for Cena and the MITB SUITcase, pffffffffft who cares? Cena, in his current state, in the championship hunt is literally the most boring thing they can have him doing. Punk can't save it, Bryan can't save it. The guy is a big green sleeping pill. I'm getting sleepy typing about him.

Let's talk about NXT instead. I haven't watched it because bean breath told me wrestling shows not on TV aren't worth watching, but they apparently have a pretty good roster, and real commentary. That sounds good, I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
They should bring in Disco Inferno too!

Disco Inferno, Alex Wright and Brodus Clay dancing together?

I don't think our televisions would survive such an overload of awesomeness.

Let's talk about NXT instead. I haven't watched it because bean breath told me wrestling shows not on TV aren't worth watching, but they apparently have a pretty good roster, and real commentary. That sounds good, I guess.

Not only that, it has JR with various other people, amongst which William Regal, on commentary. It's the best thing ever.

bangai-o

Banned
Why argue? Because, that's why. I'm rambling and you're gonna sit there and argue with me.

As for Cena and the MITB SUITcase, pffffffffft who cares? Cena, in his current state, in the championship hunt is literally the most boring thing they can have him doing. Punk can't save it, Bryan can't save it. The guy is a big green green sleeping pill. I'm getting sleepy typing about him.
Cena sells merch. Cena puts people in seats. he is the absolute most popular figure in all wrestling. he is basically paying CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's salary because no one else is stepping up to save wwe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena sells merch. Cena puts people in seats. he is the absolute most popular figure in all wrestling. he is basically paying CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's salary because no one else is stepping up to save wwe.

Cena sells merch because he is on tv all the time. And has been for years. Anyone can sell merch if they've been the focus point of a company for years.

Aiii

So not worth it

Except AJ, everybody loves AJ.

People will look back on The Cena Era as one of those "bad periods" in mainstream wrestling.

The only difference between that and how we look at mid 90's WWF is that those future people will be looking back from atop the ashes of the WWE wondering where it all went wrong.

Top Bottom