• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
That match gets no more than ten minutes from bell to bell. I'm willing to make an avatar bet on it.

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

dream

I don't believe in spoiler tags in a thread filled with dirt sheet readers. Sunflower, I propose that we ban spoiler tags in the wrestling gaf community.

Fox318

From Alvarez saying after losing to Owens Cena's merch and house show numbers go down to they gave him his win back.

That Vince over reaction.

There are 3 matches on this card that can have interference in it. One that most likely going to happen is that
Cesaro going to interfere in the match and cost Owens the title or give Cena the win to lead to a 3 way where Owens gets the title and Cesaro takes the pin

I've heard Alveraez say that but it makes no fucking sense to me.

It was a Network special, a non-title match, and they only had 2 weeks before Cena got his win back.

How could they possibly suffer a noticeable monetary difference in the number is shirts sold? Wouldn't there be an uptick in one of the 12 Owens shirts available?

The idea that house show attendance suddenly went down because Cena lost a match seems crazy to me.

klonere

Banned
From Alvarez saying after losing to Owens Cena's merch and house show numbers go down to they gave him his win back.

That Vince over reaction.

There are 3 matches on this card that can have interference in it. One that most likely going to happen is that
Cesaro going to interfere in the match and cost Owens the title or give Cena the win to lead to a 3 way where Owens gets the title and Cesaro takes the pin

Does anyone in WWE have any balls

edit: actually they sent Reigns out to die at the Rumble, they probably do have balls of some kind. They just aren't taking the chances on my smark hero, Kevin Owens
emot-qq.gif

Kaladin

The WWE Network just ran the "Who prevailed at WWE Battleground commercial for Raw......1.5 hours before Battleground happens on that very network.

Remember guys, last year after Cena lost to Lesnar, they had him beat the Wyatts 3-on-1 the following week because Vince was scared kids would stop liking Cena.

Ever since they announced Balor vs. Owens for the NXT Brooklyn show, I felt like it was basically a guarantee Owens wouldn't leave Battleground with the U.S. Title. No way they'd have Owens win the NXT title again, and I doubt they'd want Balor to beat their U.S. champ the night before Sunmerslam.

klonere

Banned
Ever since they announced Balor vs. Owens for the NXT Brooklyn show, I felt like it was basically a guarantee Owens wouldn't leave Battleground with the U.S. Title. No way they'd have Owens win the NXT title again, and I doubt they'd want Balor to beat their U.S. champ the night before Sunmerslam.

That makes too much sense. Damn. Well, SummerSlam should be good.

Right?

Fox318

If that happens I'm fine with it because its a great match and the pop for the win will be huge in Brooklyn.

There will be Cesaro fans angry that he took the pin.

Plus Cena will probably take the belt off of him the next PPV if they can really justify a tittle change based off of some T-Shirt sales in a 2 week period.

klonere

Banned
Friends, I've asked this before but Cena and Owens can't have another indie unlimited Super bar kick out move spam spectacular right? They'll have to mix it up tonight surely.

skYOFwB.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrett did the gimmick better because dude backed his shit up. Sheamus can put on a good match when he feels like it, but that's about it.

sheamus-runs-o.gif

Credible top heel LMAO
Seth did the same thing tho and this was when Nexus was built to be just credible enough for Cena to run through.

That makes too much sense. Damn. Well, SummerSlam should be good.

Right?

I think tonight's show is gonna be good too. With the women's match being added, cena v owens and seth v brock we've got half the show pretty much guaranteed to be interesting viewing whether it is good or bad. PTP and New day might pull out a good match too.

To those who are posting Cena Wins Lol kinds of posts well I say this - Cena's US title run has bred a lot of great matches and made this title crucial for performers like Cesaro and Rusev, and Neville had a good match with him too. This is the right spot for Cena in my eyes and I'm rooting for him tonight to get that four way with cesaro, rusev and owens at summerslam. We could still get it if Cena loses but I want those open challenge matches to continue for a few more weeks.

somedevil

Yeah plus they taped NXT shows that went past Battleground with Owens on the show.

The next NXT tapings are going to interesting because the first episode is the go home show for the show on Saturday and it seems the NXT show at summerslam will have a taping that will take place after Summerslam.

So they will have 2 or 3 episodes to tape on the NXT tapings that don't spoil the results on Saturday.

edit: I laugh at the person complaining that he doesn't want another 4.5 star match.

Yeah plus they taped NXT shows that went past Battleground with Owens on the show.

The next NXT tapings are going to interesting because the first episode is the go home show for the show on Saturday and it seems the NXT show at summerslam will have a taping that will take place after Summerslam.

So they will have 2 or 3 episodes to tape on the NXT tapings that don't spoil the results on Saturday.

Apparently the plan is to run the special in Brooklyn and then tape an episode of TV immediately after on the same night.

iMax

I think tonight's show is gonna be good too. With the women's match being added, cena v owens and seth v brock we've got half the show pretty much guaranteed to be interesting viewing whether it is good or bad. PTP and New day might pull out a good match too.

To those who are posting Cena Wins Lol kinds of posts well I say this - Cena's US title run has bred a lot of great matches and made this title crucial for performers like Cesaro and Rusev, and Neville had a good match with him too. This is the right spot for Cena in my eyes and I'm rooting for him tonight to get that four way with cesaro, rusev and owens at summerslam. We could still get it is Cena loses but I want those open challenge matches to continue for a few more weeks.

But it's Battleground. It's always shit. And by always, I mean the last two times.

Now I'm pumped for a Boss victory lap tonight. I just watched the four way from nxt a few months ago again and that match flat out rules. I'm officially a fan of Sasha Banks, out of all the great women in the NXT roster. Bayley also put in some damn good work on that match.

Fox318

I don't care who wins in the Cena-Owens feud as long as the match ends clean.

Let Cena have his rematch on raw if he loses

Hell have him win the title back but this PPV should have a clean finish

Heroman

Banned
I don't care who wins in the Cena-Owens feud as long as the match ends clean.

Let Cena have his rematch on raw if he loses

Hell have him win the title back but this PPV should have a clean finish

WHile I think it will end somewhat clean , it wouldn't surprise me if it do end dirty saving the final saga of this match for sumerslam.

krae_man

I haven't watched Raw in 2 months and missed MITB while at E3. I've probably missed nothing. Regardless, me and my bottle of soju are ready
VhGhs7a.jpg

Okay so is John Cena the star or Trainwreck of Amy Schumer?

It isn't out here yet, but I understand he's just a supporting comedic role and people are saying he's pretty good in it. That's a movie I was gonna see anyway, Amy Schumer has been pretty funny on her show lately, but seeing Cena in a funny role is a side attraction to it as well.

krae_man

It isn't out here yet, but I understand he's just a supporting comedic role and people are saying he's pretty good in it. That's a movie I was gonna see anyway, Amy Schumer has been pretty funny on her show lately, but seeing Cena in a funny role is a side attraction to it as well.

It was a joke about the WWE promo video for it being all about Cena and barely having Amy in it.

Okay so is John Cena the star or Trainwreck of Amy Schumer?

He's like 5th banana at best. He's around for about the first 30-40 minutes, but has some pretty hilarious scenes

It was a joke about the WWE promo video for it being all about Cena and barely having Amy in it.

Ahh, well I'm kinda surprised WWE would be promoting it considering what he does in that film

Trainwreck spoilers:

He's having sex with Amy, full on side camera where you can see his ass thrusting. He eventually cums after reminessing about when he and Amy's characters met, and him thinking her ass looked like a guys. He then walks to the bathroom completely nude from the back, and then eventually turns around with only a towel hanging from his dick. Cena' is 99% nude in that film

krae_man

This Owens feud would be great if he was going to go over in it. "I already belong, I don't need you to decide when I belong" etc. But Cena never loses feuds ever so this will all go nowhere.

Kaladin

This Owens feud would be great if he was going to go over in it. "I already belong, I don't need you to decide when I belong" etc. But Cena never loses feuds ever so this will all go nowhere.

Maybe Owens gets this win but looses to Cena somewhere down the line when it doesn't matter.

Nah....I can't even say that with a straight face...Cena don't play that.

I think you guys who have been with the WWE the whole time are probably justified in your dislike of Cena, and I loved seeing Brock kick his ass, but this is a different era of Cena. I think Cena's gonna win tonight and I'm happy about that, but I also think Owens might win too. I think more likely is Owens wins next month and begins moving up to the WWE Title area.

Kaladin

Bray Wyatt is interesting......I want to like him, but they give me no reason to do so beyond the basics of his character. Let him do something that is meaningful.

Look at it this way guys, you have two choices. Either Cena wins tonight and we still get great U.S. Challenge matches every week, or he loses and goes back to the main event. He won't ever just wallow in mediocrity like Sheamus or Orton.

Look at it this way guys, you have two choices. Either Cena wins tonight and we still get great U.S. Challenge matches every week, or he loses and goes back to the main event. He won't ever just wallow in mediocrity like Sheamus or Orton.

I dunno if it is cos your avatar is the greatest women's champ of all time, but I'm inclined to agree with the things you say.

Top Bottom