• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
lmao if you think Rollins and Ambrose are going to main eventing a big show. Rollins was literally a crash test dummy tonight and made to look like a complete afterthought. I'm sure he's going out tonight and cutting the same promo he has since WM Just fucking fantastic.

Ambrose is going to be Reigns buddy that occasionally gets to feud with some other goober jobber.

lmao if you think that HHH/The Rock isn't going to be the main event, assuming it's still on, especially if, say, they get Rousey in The Rock's corner. I posited the Shield triple threat on the idea that it would prob be the second to last match, and that's about the only combination of guys I can even imagine drawing any interest to a world title match, "the former brothers finally collide!!!", that kind of thing.

Alternatively, I could see Reigns snaking the title from Rollins in the next few months, Bork winning the Rumble, and WM 32 with Reigns finally overcoming Bork. Or maybe Owens being the new "guy" for The Authority, taking the title from Rollins via shenanigans sometime in the fall, and dropping it to Cena at WM to inaugurate Cena's 16th, record-tying reign. (Or maybe Cena could win and then lose it, then win it again at WM to beat Flair's record? That could be a decent hook.)

I dunno,

Remember last night when Undertaker paid tribute to his wrestling mentor Jon Stewart

69wejpx.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rock/HHH isn't main eventing, I'll bet Heel's account on it. Their pathetic stalking of Ronda Rousey will end in disappointment.

I can't wait to see HHH betray Seth so they can recreate the "Evolution destroys Orton" moment, only to watch it blow up because Seth hasn't gotten any foundation to build a babyface run on top of.

I'm not asking for The Rock to never appear on WWE TV again, but I would buy a lifetime subscription to the Network if he at least never appeared at Mania again.

somedevil

People here complain about the Undertaker but the crowd and everyone else is interested in his return. From Meltzer:

No serious injuries coming out of last night's show. There were 500,000 searches for the show, way above usual for a "B" show, which is about 200,000. That was likely due to Undertaker, who was the most searched name yesterday. It was No. 2 for the day behind Mick Fanning.

The belief is the ratings tonight will be well up from recent weeks due to bringing back Undertaker.

There is a lot of interest in his return to Raw tonight.

Heel

That's why it makes sense, guys. Maybe you'll agree with me now that Meltzer has chimed in. This is bigger than SummerSlam. This is bigger than Network subs. This is about brand buzz. This is Mark Calaway.

That's why it makes sense, guys. Maybe you'll agree with me now that Meltzer has chimed in. This is bigger than SummerSlam. This is bigger than Network subs. This is about brand buzz. This is Mark Calaway.

Keyword being "buzz" - Mean Mark needs one on his back

scabro

Who would ignore scabro? I feel like I'm on the right side of history on this one.

That's a good point. Is there anyone more affable and harmless than scabro, other than plywood?

I dont get how anyone can dislike scabro or heel. Those two are community treasures.
well thanks friends. i find you all equally un ignorable. its nice we are united in this trying time of weird passive aggressive ignore list posting. really though, who ignores plywood? i guess only a jabronie mark without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,mark.

and nice to see Heel's name cleared of such heinous accusations .
Well here's your problem

HEaS8nK.png

BHzxf8L.png

People here complain about the Undertaker but the crowd and everyone else is interested in his return. From Meltzer:

Temporary short term ratings pop, big whoop. Pure desperation having to rely on a 50 year old man to pop a rating

Temporary short term ratings pop, big whoop. Pure desperation having to rely on a 50 year old man to pop a rating

There are only a handful of guys like him, so why not?

I don't understand why people get so upset.

While they are still alive, we should celebrate Hulk, Taker, Sting, Even throw them in the ring once in a while.

I still want Hogan to have one more match. Why is it such a big deal? The ratings are pretty bad so they need a spike. The product is closing in on all time low's. Its going to take a while to build things back up.

The Cena years are dark times.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One hidden benefit of the Owens/Cena feud. Owen's head is just fat enough that Cena's wretched STF gets upgraded to just plain sloppy looking.

Like I said earlier, you won't get long-term Network subs on the back of guys who will wrestle once then leave. If you were still trying to sell individual PPVs, it works. But it's not a sustainable business model if you are trying to sell long-term subscriptions.

why didn't WWE bother to get MSG?

I mean if they have taker they would have sold it out.

Because of the way they set up the building, and the cost to run it, MSG is barely a break even for a live televised show even if they sell out completely.

Fox318

Watching 1995 WCW. Just finished WW3.

I would have been such a WCW mark if I was watching at that time. I can watch Ric Flair go up against Sting all day.

The battle royal was dumb but it was fun to watch.

Heel

Real Ass Mark Calaway is giving every single guy on that roster a platform tonight. He's bringing the eyeballs, and it's up to these young bucks to keep them. That's not a "ratings pop" my dude, it's an opportunity.

Fox318

Like I said earlier, you won't get long-term Network subs on the back of guys who will wrestle once then leave. If you were still trying to sell individual PPVs, it works. But it's not a sustainable business model if you are trying to sell long-term subscriptions.

Because of the way they set up the building, and the cost to run it, MSG is barely a break even for a live televised show even if they sell out completely.

they would get way more attention and eyes on the product selling out that building than the Barclays center.

RP912

Banned
I remember when the fans shitted on Taker during the Trips/Taker 2 build up in one of the arenas. I forgot what city, but they were starting chants about their age and etc.

Pavaloo

how many people started watching wrestling again after the rock came back only to be completely blown away by guys like cm punk, daniel bryan, cesaro, etc.?

i know i did
Real Ass Mark Calaway is giving every single guy on that roster a platform tonight. He's bringing the eyeballs, and it's up to these young bucks to keep them. That's not a "ratings pop" my dude, it's an opportunity.

yeee

Your argument has, and has had, valid points. The problem is I'm not sure it applies to WWE. Simply because I genuinely don't have enough confidence in them to think about long-term subs. Or think of the Network as permanently sustainable. Or at least not in its current form (I've felt even with the delays they put the Network up too soon before they had the resources and personnel to use it to its full advantage).

Can Roman lend him some of his hair folicles?
I think we should take up a collection. Flair needs to just shave his off with who his is going he's going to have a head that's completely bald on the left side in the next couple years anyway.
How on earth are people surprised by this? Like, I know it was 6 months ago, but people really didn't already forget them bringing out the Rock to get booed for giving him a rub, right?

And they obviously value Sting less than the Rock. He couldn't even beat HHH with help and a weapon, and then he shook the damn man's hand after that clowning.

Who's surprised? It's been obvious for two years on how badly they want Reigns to be their guy. I just wish they'd not be so blatant with it.

Toki767

The crowd also loved it when Hogan returned the first time against The Rock. So much that Vince got fooled and put the title on him shortly after. Then realized it was a nostalgia pop and took the title back off him.

The Undertaker and Sting just aren't long term solutions. They're very much only for SummerSlam.

considering they have just done major renovations on it and they havn't run a PPV there since it would be huge.

It would be fun, but I highly doubt it'd be worth the money they'd lose by not running a more profitable venue.

Your argument has, and has had, valid points. The problem is I'm not sure it applies to WWE. Simply because I genuinely don't have enough confidence in them to think about long-term subs. Or think of the Network as permanently sustainable. Or at least not in its current form (I've felt even with the delays they put the Network up too soon before they had the resources and personnel to use it to its full advantage).

Oh I have no faith in them to think the correct way, but that doesn't mean the way they are doing things is okay or smart. Just because it doesn't apply to WWE doesn't mean that it shouldn't.

No black wrestlers in the poster because they're not here to put the NYPD over. That, and they're stuck in St. Louis thanks to the STLPD.

Sasha Banks is black.

Also fuck that poster. It's just generic .PNGs of wrestlers dropped onto a generic NYC-looking wannabe subway platform, with no character or reason to get excited. It's Summerslam, the biggest show of the year, and you go with a dozen people standing around looking all moody? Really? Why would that possibly make me wanna watch Summerslam?

Jesus christ, WWE Corporate.

Also fuck that poster. It's just generic .PNGs of wrestlers dropped onto a generic NYC-looking wannabe subway platform, with no character or reason to get excited. It's Summerslam, the biggest show of the year, and you go with a dozen people standing around looking all moody? Really? Why would that possibly make me wanna watch Summerslam?

Jesus christ, WWE Corporate.

It's literally their roster-page images pasted onto the subway platform, and I don't know if that's worse than if it had generic PNGs of them

Top Bottom