• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
At this stage I just want Cena to get back to the WWE title hunt and leave the younger talent alone.

He has a year of great matches but no one has come out looking good except for him.

Heck even his pandering to the Cesaro crowd is the exact same BS he has done in the past with Ziggler and Punk and Bryan.

I think it stands to reason that Kevin Owens fans are the type to buy shirts with multiple "Xs" in their size, and if you think about it, that means more fabric needed and a higher cost of production. Meanwhile Cena has fit families buying his shirts therefore yielding a higher return.

QV8mRGp.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
My ignore list is pure WrassleGaf....

bean breath
dr3upmushroom
dream
Heel
Perspicacity
Plywood
scabro
Spider from Mars
Vince McMahon
Vylash

Never used it before lately, but it makes browsing the thread much better.

Also, that extension that completely removes posts from people from your ignore list is boss.
I made the list! This is the who's who of wrasslegaf, just throw in a couple more people like my dear friend Titus and we are all set. Also, you remind me of someone who used to post here called Sandman, but he gave some long, rambling farewell that no one noticed or cared about and isn't here anymore.

Just going by dirt sheets the last few years you'd think that merch sales are 80% of WWE's total revenue.

Based on the 2014 and 2013 financials, which are publicly available because it's a publicly traded company, most of its revenue is generated by TV distribution deals (which last multiple years), followed by live event gates, licensing, and home video sales. Venue merchandise is top 10, but it's not even close to TV rights fees.

jmdajr

I think it stands to reason that Kevin Owens fans are the type to buy shirts with multiple "Xs" in their size, and if you think about it, that means more fabric needed and a higher cost of production. Meanwhile Cena has fit families buying his shirts therefore yielding a higher return.

Seems fair!

Sephzilla

With the main event picture and ratings in the state they are in I'm surprised Cena didn't drop the belt to Owens and get rocketed back up into the Main Event.

Cagey

Banned
Should I feel offended that I didn't make that list?

I certainly do feel offended, but should I? I probably should. I need to put more work into this community. Star ratings for physiques from here on out.

How do you guys type this kind of shit and still watch this program every week? You just said they don't want the WWE Champion to look too strong for fucks sake.

Honestly I think backseat booking and critiquing how it's booked is all a part of the appeal of the product at this point. It's why we will all watch even if it's shit, because ruen we can discuss how we'd do it better.

It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Bork last year. Cena's merch sales supposedly dropped after Summerslam, so they immediately had him kinda get his win back at NOC the next month. I'd wager that it was also the case with the Wyatt and Rusev feuds, where he lost one match then proceeded to demolish the other guy in subsequent matches.

Heel

Here's the thing, though. Kevin Owens wears a compression shirt under his t-shirt in the ring.

http://shop.wwe.com/Austin-"Smoking-Skull"-Under-Armour-Compression-T-Shirt/13489,default,pd.html

That's premium apparel with a high margin. WWE left money on the table.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;172493774 said:
if taker's 'mystique' is gone, then they should just have his retirement match be against kane, they both beat the crap out of each other to a double KO, the druids come out and take away both bodies and no one sees either ever again~

100% agreeance

At this stage I just want Cena to get back to the WWE title hunt and leave the younger talent alone.

He has a year of great matches but no one has come out looking good except for him.

Heck even his pandering to the Cesaro crowd is the exact same BS he has done in the past with Ziggler and Punk and Bryan.

People keep talking about how this is the best Cena's been in years. However the only thing that's changed is that he's consistently been given 20 minute matches on RAW with the best in-ring workers in the company. The only noticeable difference with Cena himself is that he's added a load of shitty looking indie moves to his repertoire; outside of that it's the same no selling, the same shitty character, the same lack of storytelling and the same leeching off of talent.

I do really wish WWE had some legitimate competition though. Late 90's Vince wouldn't accept these kind of ratings

Hahahhaha. "Legitimate competition"

Knowing what we know now about WCW's history, seeing how incompetent everybody running that shitshow was, seeing how incompetent Heyman and ECW's management was, seeing how incompetent Dixie and Jarrett was/is, seeing how incompetent Gabe Sapolsky was, the Rottens, ICP, etc. etc. etc.

WWE's never had legitimate competition. Vince is insane, and yeah, probably a moron too, but that just says more about how idiotic everyone else who tried to step to him even a little bit was. It's been decades. We don't need to sugarcoat it: nobody smart is gonna overthrow Vince and topple WWE with a new god king US wrestling company, because in the US, everybody smart avoids wrestling entirely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You look at how big Owens is and tell me anyone gets a cut of anything with him around.

He couldn't even get his game streaming working. He went to Sony's offices, all hyped up and ready to work with them for a "vertical slice" but abandoned the project as soon as he found out it wasn't edible.

klonere

Banned
Up to Ep 12 of LU

Why isn't Brian Cage in WWE? Isn't he Vince's fantasy, maybe an inch or two off being the perfect Double U Double U E Superstar?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Up to Ep 12 of LU

Why isn't Brian Cage in WWE? Isn't he Vince's fantasy, maybe an inch or two off being the perfect Double U Double U E Superstar?

He's clearly doing drugs, there's no possible way it could be hidden with him. 2brazen4WWE

I think I might buy a The New Day shirt if I catch it on sale sometime. Good graphic and generic tagline. Once I take the WWE Authentic Wear tag off it'll be #safe.

jmdajr

First time I saw Lynn was against RVD. Never seen a match like that before.

So was that really his peak? The match against RVD where he got his head rocked?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might buy a The New Day shirt if I catch it on sale sometime. Good graphic and generic tagline. Once I take the WWE Authentic Wear tag off it'll be #safe.

I cut the NXT tag off of my Ascension shirt. Nobody would take me seriously if they knew it was a WWE shirt. Lucky for me the Ascension are way cooler than WWE itself.

6bGYCRN.gif

Top Bottom