• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
bWTOFbn.gif

Big Show debuted a new finisher, that's pretty monumental. And if it's not a new finisher, still monumental that it was used for a finish. RAW is changing, friends.

Iceman829

Those kind of things take time, sadly. If that match had just happened out of the blue instead of being built to from the moment Becky turned and aligned with Sasha last year, it wouldn't have been as good. I'm hoping that the women's stuff is something that Vince doesn't care enough about to meddle in. So maybe we can get the type of builds we see down there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it'll take more than one week to determine that.

I honestly was not targeting the women with my comment. I know they are slowly building the "divas" division with the fresh nxt talent and I hope they stick with it. My issue is more with wwe matches. I remember for awhile I was watching attitude era raws and back then you would see people and tag teams work over body parts and apply submissions like it was an actual fight. Nowadays matches are booked like Cena/Owens matches where people do moves just to do them and usually end up underselling moves. I enjoyed the last stone cold podcast with heyman when he was angry about how people undersell moves these days. Take Seth working Lesnar's leg/knee over last night. Lesnar was selling the leg kicks and chop block to the leg and had Seth pulled off some type of leg submission on him before grandpa arrived it would've made some sense Lesnar might've been in some sort of trouble. So when you asked if Charlotte was even working over Brie's leg I said it's rare to see in the wwe these days.

How awkward would it be if a kid watched Tough Enough tomorrow to see Big Show punch the contestants, only for them to see Big Show teaching the rookies how to properly take the punch.

WWE is so stupid. Just let Big Show beat the hell out of people and leave, he dosent need to talk at all. Vince has consistently used him incorrectly his entire career.

Thorakai

That was my thought we have PTP and New Day as legitimate teams with Los Matadores, Lucha Dragons, The Ascension and the Meta Powers as comedy acts/ jobbers. Unless Bray and Harper are going for the tag titles they could do worse than Show and Kane to build up the division. It's dangerously low on faces though.

say that to my face ese

Top Bottom