• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heroman

Banned
If had to guess a Summerslam Card it would be this:

Taker vs Brock
Cena vs Rollins
Bray/Harper/mystery member vs Sting/Ambrose/reigns
Neville with Arrow vs Stardust
Rusev vs Ziggler
Women's match for the title
4 way tag team match
Owens vs Cearo vs Sheamus vs Orton

Im alright with this card.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
do you think the people in the back trying to sabotage him called an audible mid match?

lets keep an eye on meltzer's site for the scoop
Weeks ago Dave said on a radio show that all this was going to happen. Basically its WWE politics all over again and some fans just dont understand how many masters work backstage besides Vince and how many of them are in Vinces ear and manipulate him. When Kevin beat Cena for the first time Dave reported that Cenas sales went down and they (wwe) blamed it on Kevins win. So they panicked and let Cena win the entire thing the next 2 times a kneejerk reaction.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was good having Owens and Sheamus walk out. Rusev's character is strong enough that he can eat the pin and not be berried. Rusev is my shining star.

Weeks ago Dave said on a radio show that all this was going to happen. Basically its WWE politics all over again and some fans just dont understand how many masters work backstage besides Vince and how many of them are in Vinces ear and manipulate him. When Kevin beat Cena for the first time Dave reported that Cenas sales went down and they (wwe) blamed it on Kevins win. So they panicked and let Cena win the entire thing the next 2 times a kneejerk reaction.

What strikes me as odd about the way people react, the whole "wow, people would act like this?! Get in someone's ear and politick?" - like, have you never had a job? That's the fast track to the top at any job. Work people against each other. Reap benefits. Promotion promotion promotion. And it happens EVERYWHERE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One thing I've desperately wanted since X-7; an angle where the wrestler figured out that their finisher/super finisher just wasn't working anymore and their vision/training quest to find a new one. I bet LU will do it if they get another season or two.

Taker vs Brock
Cena vs Rollins
Rusev vs Ziggler
4 way tag team match

I'm most looking forward to Arrow vs Stardust, If it's crap, oh well.

Fox318

Taker vs Brock
Cena vs Rollins
Rusev vs Ziggler
4 way tag team match

Ryback vs Big Show will probably be on the card

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What strikes me as odd about the way people react, the whole "wow, people would act like this?! Get in someone's ear and politick?" - like, have you never had a job? That's the fast track to the top at any job. Work people against each other. Reap benefits. Promotion promotion promotion. And it happens EVERYWHERE.
And all of a sudden, a decade of booking suddenly starts to make sense. If we're in a situation where Cena simply cannot lose, then he really shouldn't be interacting with rising talent.

Gimme a second, I need to get a couple Owens shaming jiffs to make me feel like I won

in the meantime I can
zgppg6m.gif

Hey, at least he doesn't tear his quads just by sliding into the ring like an amateur.

vinny-mac-breaks-his-nuts-o.gif

Fox318

One thing I've desperately wanted since X-7; an angle where the wrestler figured out that their finisher/super finisher just wasn't working anymore and their vision/training quest to find a new one. I bet LU will do it if they get another season or two.

who has a bad enough finisher but is good enough of a worker to do this story?

BNB might be the only one I can think of.

Taker vs Brock
Cena vs Rollins
Rusev vs Ziggler
4 way tag team match

It'll be curious to see which woman they'll put against Nikki if they do a title match. They obviously want Nikki to get to 300, and she'll be at 301 at Night of Champions, so that's where I see her dropping the title. Probably to Sasha.

scabro

can i subscribe to this newsletter?

NoRéN

It'll be curious to see which woman they'll put against Nikki if they do a title match. They obviously want Nikki to get to 300, and she'll be at 301 at Night of Champions, so that's where I see her dropping the title. Probably to Sasha.
I hope it's The Boss. I really hope she wins and keeps Nikki from getting to AJ's record.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Nikki is still a presumptive heel, so in your scenario she'd lose to Flair. Big Orange would be even better because of the angles they could run.

Taker vs Brock
Cena vs Rollins
Rusev vs Ziggler
4 way tag team match

They're clearly shooting for a Rusev/Summer vs Dolph/Lana tag. Otherwise yeah, looks spot on to me, except maybe just a New Day/PTP rematch I guess because that feud is apparently unable to be killed.

Kusagari

I'd be fine with Charlotte/Sasha/Nikki. Charlotte pins Nikki, Boss bitches she wasn't pinned. Charlotte vs. Sasha on main roster is go.

I hope Nikki beats AJ's record because
1) she's better than AJ
2) people will complain for at least a decade

People will bitch for a while then forget all about it, much like they eventually forgot about Punk (apart from the weirdos in this thread who are totally tsundere for Punk-Kun and his stupid MMA antics, Baka).

The short time we had Sasha and Paige in the ring together, you could see how well Paige works when she has someone at a similar or better skill level in the ring with her. I like AJ, but AJ wasn't that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The obvious angle is for Nikki to scrape by the record, lose at that ppv or the one after and have it immediately replaced by a women's belt. Good angle there that you can get a lot out of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be fine with Charlotte/Sasha/Nikki. Charlotte pins Nikki, Boss bitches she wasn't pinned. Charlotte vs. Sasha on main roster is go.

Speaking of Sasha,

Did y'all see the new legitshook.com feature? Before they were NXT Stars review of matches from the olden days. Notably:

Paige when she was 18

Sasha Banks in 2012

Becky Lynch vs Daizee Haze in 2006

Joey Samoey back when he and Low Ki did a sort of weird ROH shoot fight in 2002

Kalisto shreddin' ass right before he got called up to WWE

Itami in a dope final battle with his mentor in Japan

DOPE FUCKING SEQUENCE

Read more at the link above for more gifs and reviews of all the matches. Pretty dope to look at how far they've come, and some surprises at who still feels EXACTLY the same.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/.../7/20/before-they-were-nxt-superstars-vol-one

Top Bottom