• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
An excerpt from Bryan's book

One of the biggest compliments I’ve ever been paid was when Glenn told me that our teaming up was some of the most fun he’d had in his entire career as well, which says a lot. When he said that to me, I had to try really hard not to get too emotional. I responded by telling him I was going outside to tan my taint.

there's a lot y'all can lay at cena's feet but let's not pretend that albert painted up with kanji and squeezed into red vinyl trunks was anything other than dead on arrival.

klonere

Banned
An excerpt from Bryan's book

iqCiCZE.gif

Menome

Just caught up with RAW from last night. As a newbie, it's pretty cool to have a legend like The Undertaker making an appearance even if he is getting on a bit.

That entire brawl segment had me smiling throughout as it's the sort of over-the-top ridiculousness that finally drew me into WWE.

Plus we finally got Sandow back in the ring on TV for a couple of minutes.

jmdajr

Just caught up with RAW from last night. As a newbie, it's pretty cool to have a legend like The Undertaker making an appearance even if he is getting on a bit.

That entire brawl segment had me smiling throughout as it's the sort of over-the-top ridiculousness that finally drew me into WWE.

Plus we finally got Sandow back in the ring on TV for a couple of minutes.
I smiled the whole time. Even if you thought it was dumb you probably smiled. It was great!

I never cared much for Summer Rae, but seeing her bring a smile to Rusev's face has really gone a long way. I just want my man to be happy, ya know?

Hex

Banned
I smiled the whole time. Even if you thought it was dumb you probably smiled. It was great!

It was fantastic, that is how you hype a match.
The WWE has lost the way with that and been sticking with the "Heel ruins match after match" and the" fight the impossible odds (but done badly)" gimmicks forever

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The outcome for summerslam taker match will probs be.

Brock dominates match. Kane interferes to save his brother thus a dq win to taker.

RP912

Banned
Did The Undertaker ever get his win back over Lesnar from No Mercy 2002?

I don't think so....

Maybe Taker can finally get his win because dude been on a losing streak against Bork.

BTW:

That Hell in the Cell match was probably the best cell match I have ever seen.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's some British sh*te.

You wan't some British sh*te? Well, here's some British sh*te;

M3lTrnl.gif

g3Mnnc4.gif

Lol, that second match looks so dumb. I'm pretty certain that Barefoot Lego Deathmatch is the best deatmatch stip ever, because everyone can relate to stepping on a lego.

Recall

I don't think so....

Maybe Taker can finally get his win because dude been on a losing streak against Bork.

BTW:

That Hell in the Cell match was probably the best cell match I have ever seen.

That Hell in a Cell match is where they proved it didn't need a huge bump to be fun.

Did You Know?

According to noted hip-hop aficionado and Hot 97 radio personality "Pretty Good" Peter Rosenberg, the M.O.P. - Ante Up sample at the beginning of John Cena's theme song is actually saying rapper dude.
It says Scrappy Doo (comes out as Scrappeh). That's why Cena sampled it, because he bases his in-ring persona on that character, and by all accounts he has nailed it. John Cena is as likable as Scrappy, fits in with the rest of the cast just as much, and even has a similarly mellifluous tone when he talks.

One more excerpt, because it's too good not to share.

When it was time to call somebody up to cut a promo, I named Vince. His topic: “How great Daniel Bryan is.” Vince stood there in front of the class, silent. Then he looked me up and down, judgingly, before his face turned to various levels of disgust, amping it up as he went along. Vince never said a word for about a full minute, and then he said he was done.

OK, so Vince is a genius.

RP912

Banned
That Hell in a Cell match is where they proved it didn't need a huge bump to be fun.

Man...that match. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. It reminded me of a old 80s match where it's all storytelling and brutality. They didn't need to break out of the cell, have foreign objects, and all this other wacky shit. It was a pure old school brawl in the cage.

Plus this picture alone is iconic.

7808488.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I suppose I ought to get the Little Danny Bryan That Could book. I keep hearing from different people to get the audio book because Bryan narrates it, but listening to an audiobook is basically the uneducated idiot's way to read, since they have issues reading. Sure, I can't read while driving but good things can wait.

jmdajr

Alright, I suppose I ought to get the Little Danny Bryan That Could book. I keep hearing from different people to get the audio book because Bryan narrates it, but listening to an audiobook is basically the uneducated idiot's way to read, since they have issues reading. Sure, I can't read while driving but good things can wait.

hmmmmm. I could read on the bus but fucking motion sickeness.

jmdajr

This means a single, lowly Lego brick can support weights in excess of 432 kilos (953 pounds) before it reaches its breaking point and compresses. So when you step on a Lego brick on a relatively solid surface, there is nowhere for the force you've just exerted to go but right back into your foot and into the huge cluster of nerves it contains. This is compounded by the fact that the bricks have little knobs, relatively sharp corners, and the soles of the feet are subjected to impact forces that can be equal to around 9 times our own body weight while moving; even walking slowly can produce impact forces equal to double your body weight.

klonere

Banned
This means a single, lowly Lego brick can support weights in excess of 432 kilos (953 pounds) before it reaches its breaking point and compresses. So when you step on a Lego brick on a relatively solid surface, there is nowhere for the force you've just exerted to go but right back into your foot and into the huge cluster of nerves it contains. This is compounded by the fact that the bricks have little knobs, relatively sharp corners, and the soles of the feet are subjected to impact forces that can be equal to around 9 times our own body weight while moving; even walking slowly can produce impact forces equal to double your body weight.

Man I never knew that Regal called a Lego match

Top Bottom