• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Does the anger to the road to Wrestlemania start here?

Which has been your favorite?

28? 29? 30? or 31?

Which was the most pissy season?

30. Easy. Daniel Bryan possibly not being in the main event and in a nowhere feud with the Wyatt family, Rey being number 30 with Batista and Roman as the final 2?

That was such a pissy road to to mania and I was glad to be apart of it.

Heel

TN15Stc.gif

jmdajr

30. Easy. Daniel Bryan possibly not being in the main event and in a nowhere feud with the Wyatt family, Rey being number 30 with Batista and Roman as the final 2?

That was such a pissy road to to mania and I was glad to be apart of it.

If 30 was the pissest, I say 29 was the most drab. Just going through the motions.

Recall

Does the anger to the road to Wrestlemania start here?

Which has been your favorite?

28? 29? 30? or 31?

Which was the most pissy season?

21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 I could not tell you the main event for any of those, it's all just one big blur that mushes together.

21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 I could not tell you the main event for any of those, it's all just one big blur that mushes together.

If you want a good guess, Cena, Batista, HHH, Orton, HBK, Taker were probably involved in one way or another in all those main events. That's just my guess though, I didn't even look to see.

Penguin

Oh TNA

A sizable portion of the TNA roster have been informed over the last week that their current TNA contracts, which include a monthly guarantee, will be dropped by TNA. In their place, TNA is offering per-appearance deals.
The way the former contracts worked is that TNA paid talents a monthly fee and then paid them additional per appearance. So if a talent was booked ten times a month, they were paid that as well as their guarantee. If they didn't work at all, they still had the guarantee.

Fox318

I think Mania 22 is when stuff started to blend together.

Not because of Cena but because of HHH.

I mean HHH was in the main events of 20,21, and 22.

and 20 may be the most memorable because he fucking taped like a bitch to somebody nobody believed would climb that ladder.

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;172584167 said:
surely, friend you can RECALL when The Miz closed the show with a victory~

That's right. The real road to hatermania really started at 27.

Shit has been hostile since.

jmdajr

and 20 may be the most memorable because he fucking taped like a bitch to somebody nobody believed would climb that ladder.

That had to be traumatizing in hindsight. I think Trips really liked and respected Benoit.

Toki767

I don't even remember HHH vs Batista main eventing. I know it happened, but I remember nothing about that match.

22 was the match against Cena right? All I remember about that match was that the crowd was booing Cena a lot. Plus HHH did that dance routine during the Mania press conference.

Sephzilla

26's main event was Streak vs Career
28 and 29 were Rock vs Cena

You couldn't have forgotten at least 2 of those

¡HarlequinPanic!;172584167 said:
surely, friend you can RECALL when The Miz closed the show with a victory~

I thought Miz was an entertaining WWE champ and I have no issue saying that. He's the only champ in recent times who's actually pulled off the chicken shit heel effectively. Miz is also the only reason anyone even remotely gave a fuck about Alex Riley

jmdajr

I don't even remember HHH vs Batista main eventing. I know it happened, but I remember nothing about that match.

22 was the match against Cena right? All I remember about that match was that the crowd was booing Cena a lot. Plus HHH did that dance routine during the Mania press conference.

I am sad we only have a shitty gif of that dance,....

I decided to pass on the ol' LOLTNA wiki and instead look at their LOLWWE attempt, and man, it sure sounds like upset marks on that one. I don't recommend it.

yea, it's bad. While the LOLTNA one is hilarious mishaps and incompetence, the LOLWWE one is "this guy lost and i didn't want him to and THAT'S STUPID"

jmdajr

26's main event was Streak vs Career
28 and 29 were Rock vs Cena

You couldn't have forgotten at least 2 of those

People were fucking furious at Rock and Cena taking up so much air time. I think that for sure led to the hate on Batista and Reigns.

Fans fed up at wrestlers not "deserving stuff."

Toki767

the attendance/arena size for 22 is crazy. Was that just out of nostalgia for the 20th anniversary of WM2 in Rosemont, or was popularity not great and they didn't think they'd fill up a huge stadium?

And now that they took SummerSlam away, put a WM back in Los Angeles, dammit.

23 is when they started doing stadiums.

Everything beforehand was arenas.

23 is when they started doing stadiums.

Everything beforehand was arenas.

They had done a couple big domes and stadiums with big attendance numbers before that though. Skydome, Silverdome, Safeco, Astrodome. You're right though now it's every year. Guess that rules out LA unless they build that NFL stadium (unless the WWE does't mind doing it at Dodger Stadium or STubHub Center or something)

Fox318

That's right. The real road to hatermania really started at 27.

Shit has been hostile since.

more bizarre Wrestlemania main event

a not over Roman Reigns booked as the face
Mr. T
Heel Sgt. Slaughter a month after the end of the Gulf War
Lawrence Taylor
Bam Bam Bigelow
Miz

jmdajr

They had done a couple big domes and stadiums with big attendance numbers before that though. Skydome, Silverdome, Safeco, Astrodome. You're right though now it's every year. Guess that rules out LA unless they build that NFL stadium (unless the WWE does't mind doing it at Dodger Stadium or STubHub Center or something)

Rose Bowl?

I mean I heard the Orange Bowl was a piece of fucking shit but looked ok on TV.

edit: lol and the power went out at one point!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Undertaker returned Sunday.
Pentagon makes his sacrifice to his dark master at Ultima Lucha
DKyhoAk.gif

Collusion

Bam Bam/LT is a top 10 WM main event

Penguin

I have a problem with 21/22 and somewhat 25/26

Like I know Michaels/Taker was 26, but not the title match/undercard

Like I know between 25-26 is Trips/Sheamus, Cena/Batista, Cena/Show/Edge, I wanna say... Jericho/Edge

Fox318

the attendance/arena size for 22 is crazy. Was that just out of nostalgia for the 20th anniversary of WM2 in Rosemont, or was popularity not great and they didn't think they'd fill up a huge stadium?

And now that they took SummerSlam away, put a WM back in Los Angeles, dammit.

Plan after 20 was to hit up the major markets(LA, Chicgo) then make a stadium show for 23 because of mania 3.

24 happened to be in a stadium because the city came to them.

Sephzilla

I don't know if Vince will risk a cold weather WrestleMania ever again but I want WM33 or 34 to be in that overpriced stadium for that piece of shit Vikings team just so I can have a Mania within 4 hours of me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Look at the ratings for 1995 WWF and there is nothing odd at all about them trying to get one of the most popular American athletes of the last decade in their show.

If anything, LT did their struggle ass Hartford Civic Center company a real solid.

Fox318

I think you are forgetting Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Top Bottom