• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Barrage

Yooo...Rollins with a stronk promo last night.Everyone's losing faith beccause of his Soft Edge booking, but dude is still fantastic top-to-bottom.

kiguel182

Yooo...Rollins with a stronk promo last night.Everyone's losing faith beccause of his Soft Edge booking, but dude is still fantastic top-to-bottom.

Rollins is a good promo. Not excellent but good. Problem is the material he is given is exactly the same every week. It gets boring fast. That coupled with week booking doesn't bode well for him.

Friends

Sasha Banks' theme is still stuck in my head 12 hours later

Had I dream
I hadn't made it
There's nothing dragging
Down me now
Cause a girl gonna
push it all out the way
Destined to break in
I found my way
Yeah
Now ain't nobody gonna take it
Cause a girl gonna
push 'em all out the way

I had a dream that
I made it here in the spotlight
Woke up, see my life in the shade
Now that's not quite
Hustlin' every day
I'm on my way to that sharp light
Its my destiny
To be bigger
Yeah I got fight

And I've had visions
Of sitting high on my own gold throne
Never listening to criticism
I built my own
From the bottom
Ive gotten myself in my own zone
Never stop and I made it
And now I ain't going home

Had I dream
I hadn't made it
There's nothing dragging
Down me now
Cause a girl gonna
push it all out the way
Destined to break in
I found my way
Yeah
Cause a girl gonna
push 'em all out the way

I remember when
Couldn't pay the rent
Now I own the whole
Building that I'm living in
Sky's the limit
When you're never giving in
You get In
You ride it out and
Don't look back again

And I've had visions
Of sitting high on my own gold throne
Never listening to criticism
I built my own
From the bottom
Ive gotton myself in my own zone
Never stop and I made it
And now I ain't going home

Had I dream
I hadn't made it
There's nothing dragging
Down me now
Cause a girl gonna
push it all out the way
Destined to break in
I found my way
Yeah
Cause a girl gonna
push 'em all out the way

Okay

Aha

Thanks, CFO$.

klonere

Banned
He's awesome. What can't he do?

Have good creative :(

This man should be crushing it every week

73IY65N.gif

Kaladin

If you're getting the Daniel Bryan book, buy the audiobook. He reads his own audiobook so it's practically a 9 hour shoot interview.

Barrage

There is talk that Vince McMahon feels Rollins “looks too soft” as a heel in his interactions with HHH and there is concern that he does not come off like a legitimate champion. Vince is reportedly pushing Rollins to be a “dirty” heel that doesnt take crap from anyone, similar to Edge while HHH wants to continue with the current “disappointed dad” angle.

While it seems like it's gonna be Rollins/Cena at Summerslam,I was down with the Rollins/HHH rumours because a win over Hunter would've really legitimized Rollins.

As it stands, I wouldn't mind Cena winning at SS(he's my Wrestler Of The Year so far) except he has noone to feud with.

RP912

Banned
I'm waiting for the day Bryne does a shoot for RF Video. It would be glorious to see him talk about the WWE....I mean actually talking about it and not using kayfabe.

Alucard

Banned
I'm waiting for the day Bryne does a shoot for RF Video. It would be glorious to see him talk about the WWE....I mean actually talking about it and not using kayfabe.

I think he does this in his book. By all accounts, it's a very honest take on his time there...and he says that wrestling isn't worth it in the end.

D-bry. :(

One. More. Match.

Kaladin

That will never happen, even if he can't wrestle agian, WWE will keep him on as a coach and in a legends contract.

Sephzilla

SummerSlam is either going to be Cena winning and tying Flair's record or it's going to be more bullshit that makes Rollins keep looking like a soft champ.

RP912

Banned
I think he does this in his book. By all accounts, it's a very honest take on his time there...and he says that wrestling isn't worth it in the end.

D-bry. :(

One. More. Match.

Why stop at the book though? I swear his story would make a good movie. It's just a matter of who could play Daniel Bryan?

Russel Crowe?

2 years ago at Summerslam, a great wrong was done, John Cena lost the belt, and the Authority was born.

Next month, the right is undone, and John Cena gets back on the throne.

Can anyone tell me how to sign up to NJPW World? It's about time I did and I've got six weeks holiday so may as well use it well. Is there English commentary for any shows? What about the billing, I heard that's funny. Is it cheaper in £/$? Thanks in advance someone! Can't wait to watch G1 and properly get into NJPW, I've seen bits and bobs but never whole shows so...!

klonere

Banned
While it seems like it's gonna be Rollins/Cena at Summerslam,I was down with the Rollins/HHH rumours because a win over Hunter would've really legitimized Rollins.

As it stands, I wouldn't mind Cena winning at SS(he's my Wrestler Of The Year so far) except he has noone to feud with.

I hope that they do present Rollins with a harder edge. Dude deserves a chance to go out there and look semi-credible.

Can anyone tell me how to sign up to NJPW World? It's about time I did and I've got six weeks holiday so may as well use it well. Is there English commentary for any shows? What about the billing, I heard that's funny. Is it cheaper in £/$? Thanks in advance someone! Can't wait to watch G1 and properly get into NJPW, I've seen bits and bobs but never whole shows so...!

This video seems helpful.

Signing up is pretty easy, the registration page can be set to English now - if you have trouble though, here's a quick guide; https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

There's no English commentary for the shows, unfortunately, and as for the billing it charges you at the beginning of every month, so if you signed up today you'd be charged ¥999 now and ¥999 on August 1st. It works out at about £5.20/$8.06 per billing, depending on the exchange rates at the time.

kiguel182

I'm going to buy the Bryan e-book and then get very depressed while reading. Both because of what happened past his main-event match and because I spend 11 euros on a wrestling book.

Just seen this....pretty much everybody but the big names had their monthly guarantees cut. I feel that the end is extremely fucking nigh. I wonder how much of the roster they will loose on this.

Their next taping is tomorrow, they tape for 8 days straight, it closes their commitment to DA, and as far as I've seen production still hasn't been paid and could walk out right before it starts. At this point I don't think they care, and that's being generous of me to assume they ever did.

Signing up is pretty easy, the registration page can be set to English now - if you have trouble though, here's a quick guide; https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

There's no English commentary for the shows, unfortunately, and as for the billing it charges you at the beginning of every month, so if you signed up today you'd be charged ¥999 now and ¥999 on August 1st. It works out at about £5.20/$8.06 per billing, depending on the exchange rates at the time.

This video seems helpful.

Legends! Really helps thank you, this topic never fails to deliver. Damn waiting until August 1st :( if PWG did a similar thing I'd be so poor haha.

klonere

Banned
Their next taping is tomorrow, they tape for 8 days straight, it closes their commitment to DA, and as far as I've seen production still hasn't been paid and could walk out right before it starts. At this point I don't think they care, and that's being generous of me to assume they ever did.

It'd be pretty hilarious if production did walk out. I wouldn't blame them.

Ha, during the Puma vs Cage title match on LU you can clearly hear someone in the audience say "Why would you hit an old man??" after Cage goes after Konnan.

EDIT: and Konnan BLADED what the fuck

Legends! Really helps thank you, this topic never fails to deliver. Damn waiting until August 1st :( if PWG did a similar thing I'd be so poor haha.

Yeah, PWG and SHIMMER (SHIMMER in particular, I won't do my rant on them again) are the ones I'm waiting on to sort their digital shit out.

jmdajr

If you put Cena, Cesaro, Orton, Sheamus, and Rusev together as a body training team....

how long would it take to make KO look good?

Savitar

Not often I say this lately but if this is the case Vince is right.

Rollins can be so much more.

I'm beyond tired of chicken shit heels.

Top Bottom