• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Bowser

Why would you want Undertaker vs Kane a third time at Wrestlemania?

Especially when it wasn't good the first two times.

He's a solid B+. - Dave Meltzer

Because they're both past their prime and containing them in one final send off between the two of them would be convenient and not chew up two separate matches.

Toki767

Because they're both past their prime and containing them in one final send off between the two of them would be convenient and not chew up two separate matches.

Kane doesn't need a retirement match.

It's not like his career was anything special. He was just...there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AJ vs Shibata was super disapointing :(

Shibata barely got anything, he looked like a jobber

ib4 he is a jobber

Kane doesn't need a retirement match.

He's still in great shape. 2 year age difference with Taker, 20 year look difference. I'm ready for WWEWHC champ Kane

In 2017

Fox318

What is the real life relationship between Glen Jacobs and Mark Calaway?

Did Taker ever resent somebody like Kane being so directly tied to his gimmick? I mean if Kane sucked the brother thing could have really been a strike against Taker's popularity.

klonere

Banned
Cena's late summer merch lineup has been revealed

11145043_10152855841772038_8753414359130091472_n.jpg

Fox318

3tERSTw.png

would somebody stop the damn match

I honestly don't get why WWE is going after ROH so hard unless they belive that NJPW is going to pursue taking the western market seriosly.

I mean if ROH/NJPW actually got a major TV deal with professional production values they probably could compete with WWE.

Right now the attack against ROH all seems to be about that Kevin Steen figure getting Vince all hot.

Right now WWE hasn't developed any talent from NXT that hasn't had indy success or family connections to keep them pushed.

What is the real life relationship between Glen Jacobs and Mark Calaway?

Did Taker ever resent somebody like Kane being so directly tied to his gimmick? I mean if Kane sucked the brother thing could have really been a strike against Taker's popularity.

Good friends if I recall

Fox318

I remember really liking Kane vs The Unamericans for some reason.

Something about this crazy demon putting his evil aside to stand up for America made me laugh so hard.

Kane vs. X-Pac really fucked me up as a kid. So sad.

Same. I loved X-pac as a kid and my brother was a Kane fan. When they got paired up, I was so happy. They used to be so mean to kane, calling him a "big red retard" and treating him like shit. He didn't have friends and then X-pac won him over. Then the whole Kane/pac/torrie.

It was a heartbreaking tale of love and friendship. And was probably one of my first experiences growing up, learning that you shouldn't judge people by their appearance. Kane as a good guy was an eye-opening experience for me.

Gonzalez

Banned
Same. I loved X-pac as a kid and my brother was a Kane fan. When they got paired up, I was so happy. They used to be so mean to kane, calling him a "big red retard" and treating him like shit. He didn't have friends and then X-pac won him over. Then the whole Kane/pac/torrie.

It was a heartbreaking tale of love and friendship. And was probably one of my first experiences growing up, learning that you shouldn't judge people by their appearance. Kane as a good guy was an eye-opening experience for me.
I was always kind of pissed that they never got to wear matching gear(I don't mean color coordinated, I mean the same style of gear) at any point during their run together.

Kane was my favorite as a kid so to see him find love and friendship and then have both of them fuck him over was absolutely devastating.

Fast forward a couple years later and Kane losing the world title match to Triple H and therefore being forced to unmask and turn heel on RVD really left a bad taste in my mouth. I quit watching shortly after.

Fox318

Is there anything today that compares to the sheer amount of story in the Kane-Undertaker fued?

I'm not even talking quality of the story.

So, just signed up to the on demand CZW site. Couldn't wait for NJPW world for a week so i'll watch some super old CZW, laugh, cringe and cry. Plus it was on 99 cents which is like 50p for me! Huzzah! I will no doubt cancel.

Anyone else signed up to it? Already feel slimy, listening to Nakamura's theme to cheer me up haha.

Fox318

Stang looking like a Fallout NPC.

I don't know how I feel about this move. Why go against a smaller promotion, when you can treat them like TNA and keep it moving.

1. With ratings down and stock so dependent on the WWE Network they feel week and want to apperar as the global leader in wrestling
  2. They see them as legitimate comptition considering half of their roster is ROH castoffs
  3. NJPW going public scared them so they want to make sure they own the west
  4. They are bitter as fuck about that Kevin Steen figure beating them to market.

So, this isn't HD and there's a very faint but real buzzing in my ears listening to the sound.

CZW, you're living up to your name. You sick fucks!

Kaladin

So, this isn't HD and there's a very faint but real buzzing in my ears listening to the sound.

CZW, you're living up to your name. You sick fucks!

How old is what you're watching? I doubt their stuff is filmed in HD, especially the older material.....newer stuff would possibly be since they release some of that on blu-ray.

How old is what you're watching? I doubt their stuff is filmed in HD, especially the older material.....newer stuff would possibly be since they release some of that on blu-ray.

I'm watching CZW Sixteen which was like 2 months ago, Bucks v OI4K haha. Not remotely HD, disappointing.

Did you see those bumps they were taking falling off those ropes?

Also whose idea was this format? The judges are just watching the show live?

Top Bottom