• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Austin was WCW till the end, yeah, Angle turned on him to win for WWF if I remember right.

I'm on another WWE downer. I hate it, cause it makes me feel like a smarky cunt for feeling "The guy I like didn't win, fuck this". The stuff from the Meltz isn't exactly helping my fears, and it makes me fear for the rest of NXT as well. Shit sucks. At least PROGRESS is only 5 days away to cheer me up.

There is zero trust in the WWE to do anything good with fresh new talent and that is where the adverse reaction comes from. None of the new talent is really getting the freedom or booking to do their thing to the best of their ability.

Did Owens even get to do anything last night to address tapping out to Cena? Was he just in the jobber mass?

You should hop on that Lucha Underground train, it's been fierce addictive for me.

Kaladin

I honestly wish they would re-define NXT as it's own brand with it's own set of Supestars who sometimes appear on Raw and Smackonw while Raw and Smackdown Superstars cross over more frequently. It would solve a lot of the booking issues NXT runs into when guys move up permanently.

KissVibes

Banned
WWE really wants to sell Undertaker as the "best pure striker in wrestling" huh? How the fuck am I supposed to believe the old man has better ground game than Lesnar?

jmdajr

Who do we have that is tall, in great shape, handsome, awesome on the mic and solid in the ring. And simply has it?

Like realistically speaking, who could replace Cena if he was booked like Cena.

Granted I guess folks like Hogan and Austin were not handsome. But they looked cool.

There is zero trust in the WWE to do anything good with fresh new talent and that is where the adverse reaction comes from. None of the new talent is really getting the freedom or booking to do their thing to the best of their ability.

Did Owens even get to do anything last night to address tapping out to Cena? Was he just in the jobber mass?

You should hop on that Lucha Underground train, it's been fierce addictive for me.

Oh, LU is great, I'm binging it in small chunks. And I've plenty of BritWres, NJPW on AXS, PWG, old ROH etc. to keep me going!

I was off the WWE wagon for the longest time, but got the Network for NXT and have been skimming through the PPV's (haven't been watching Raw for almost a year).

Kaladin

WWE really wants to sell Undertaker as the "best pure striker in wrestling" huh? How the fuck am I supposed to believe the old man has better ground game than Lesnar?

He doesn't. Lesnar's striking ability transcends wrestling.

So Undertaker can have that best pure striker in wrestling title....Lesnar's striking ability is real and legit knocks fools out.

Barrage

Mania doesn't have trouble selling out 70k, do they? But I'd argue HBK's name doesn't draw shit outside of the pro-wrestling fan base, though I haven't seen the numbers for his hunting show.

You're forgetting the hometown/coming out of retirement factor. Rock's name would draw the casuals.

Is NXT a failure if it can't produce another Cena?(rock/austin/hogan)

I half expect at some point Vince to step in up to Triple H and the NXT staff and be like "none of these people are getting over on the main roster damn it!. I am putting one of my guys in charge of this shit factory"

jmdajr

I half expect at some point Vince to step in up to Triple H and the NXT staff and be like "none of these people are getting over on the main roster damn it!. I am putting one of my guys in charge of this shit factory"

This made me laugh because I can totally see it.

Kaladin

Who do we have that is tall, in great shape, handsome, awesome on the mic and solid in the ring. And simply has it?

Granted I guess folks like Hogan and Austin were not handsome. But they looked cool.

cesaro_zpsdce1b453.jpg

klonere

Banned
WWE more or less actively refuses to do so, so it's their own fault.

The thing about the Hogan/Austin/Rock/Cena pantheon is that they all moved the needle and change the fundamentals of what WWE presented to the world.

Fundamental change seems to be contrary to everything the WWE is doing right now, at least when it comes the wrestling side of the company.

Can't wait for NXT to become a parade of Baron Corbins. It'll be WWE 2005-2009 all over again...

KissVibes

Banned
Are you new to wrestling?

Hell that was probbaly some of his most solid work.

But American Bad Ass Taker is still the best. Stay the fuck out of his yard!

I dunno man...he just sound really lame in this promo. Like he was reading a fanfic of what someone thinks he would say.

klonere

Banned

M_k14eRj.jpg

- Good looking
- Has male/female support!
- Great on the mic when not given garbage
- Solid in ring (that could be expanded!) willing to take crazy bumps
- Has the Austin badass swagger, with the asshole-ness replaced by a goofy aloofness which is very millennial eheheh.

What the fuck did you just say about stunning steve austin, son..?

Steve+Austin+with+hair+Stunning_Steve_Austin_-_Steve_Williams.jpg

What do I think we'll get from WM 32?

The Rock vs. HHH

-If we get Rousey in Rock's corner to beat the fuck out of Steph, this could be fun as fuck. If we have Austin as the special guest referee, it'll be Trips/Sting part 2 in terms of being an Attitude Era redux but without the campy kabuki-like quality that Trips/Sting had.

WHC: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns

-If they want Roman to be "the guy", having him beat Cena's record-tying 16th reign is their best bet.

Undertaker vs. Sting

-Big match, people have been clamoring for it for years, they can have elaborate entrances and smoke and mirrors it to hide how broken-down the two guys are.

Brock Lesnar vs. ????

I honestly have no idea who they want Brock Lesnar to fight at WM. I was leaning toward challenger Brock vs. Champ Roman for a long time, but this Undertaker shit and Cena feuding with Rollins throws me for a fuckin' loop. They seem to have it in their head that Bray is an attraction for Wrestlemania, based on the past two years, so I guess I could see him screwing Brock at the Rumble or something and feuding with him. Otherwise, I can't imagine who on the roster they think they could build up to face Brock.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt

Would be good for the entrance spectacle, would cement Demon Balor as the new supernatural character of choice.

Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens

Cuz why not? I don't think they're going to NOT have Orton on the card, despite his not mattering recently, and Owens is a fresh feud for him. Could be a good midcard match.

Ryback vs. Sheamus (IC Title)

Again, cuz why not? Sheamus brings the best out of Ryback, historically.

Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho

(Guarantee they'll think Jericho is some kind of hook, and Zayn seems like the next candidate for his patented non-rub rub)

New Day vs. Usos

Usos should be back by WM, right?

Edit: No Ambrose or Rollins on my list. I can't think of who they'd bump, but :(

I guess they could do Zayn vs. Rollins, but I think Zayn would lose that and I don't think Trips would want that.

Fox318

u6G72Lt.png

Sephzilla

M_k14eRj.jpg

- Good looking
- Has male/female support!
- Great on the mic when not given garbage
- Solid in ring (that could be expanded!) willing to take crazy bumps
- Has the Austin badass swagger, with the asshole-ness replaced by a goofy aloofness which is very millennial eheheh.

The big issue I have with Ambrose is his move set, or lack there of.

Top Bottom