• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Next big Star will be Adam Cole (bayyyyyyyy Bay)

tumblr_mp4asnvLdM1qfjkvio3_500.gif

Sephzilla

Austin and The Rock were hardly fonts of 5 star wrestling in their big money making days. Hell even they pointed that out https://twitter.com/therock/status/619497825047547905

But yeah in the modern game he probably does need a few more moves. And change up that stupid rebound lariat into just a straight up lariat for gods sake,

Ambrose only has like 2 or 3 moves I can name off the top of my head.

-- That rebound off the ropes clothesline
-- His flying elbow
-- His shitty DDT finish

jmdajr

-- His flying elbow
-- His shitty DDT finish

It's enough compared to Stone Cold and Rock offense at their peak.

But HBK? Perhaps needs a bit more.

Also I think Ambrose is taller than Cena.

Sephzilla

The problem I have with Ambrose's move set is that two of his three main moves are stupid. He does the off-the-ropes thing way too often now and he has a DDT finish in an era where DDTs are as effective as bodyslams. His flying elbow is legit though.

klonere

Banned

-- His flying elbow
-- His shitty DDT finish

- Running Bulldog
- Chop/Punch flurry
- Standing non shitty non rebound clothesline/lariat thing

He's competing with Roman at this stage!

-- His flying elbow
-- His shitty DDT finish

2 more and he'll have enough for a proper WWE main eventer.

he's also got that thing on the outside when he gets tossed in the ring, his opponent turns around but he slips back out and clotheslines them.

And where he jumps on you and flails.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't imagine wanting to base your main event aspirations of HBK, not as a 'face of the company' type deal at least. 'I want to be the champion only after everyone other than me has jumped ship and i've made best friends with vince. I want to bury any potential money storylines because I don't like the other guy, and I'm still going to be thrown to the back as soon as Vince gets another mastodon like Sid Vicious.'

WHERE THE FUCK IS RUSEV!

Do you think he'll have a WM match? I don't.

Guys that have to be on the card, pretty much:

HHH
John Cena
Roman Reigns
Undertaker
Sting
Brock Lesnar
Randy Orton (he's immaterial atm, but WWE will want him on posters, I think)
Bray Wyatt (gotta make $ on that entrance)

Assuming Cena vs. Reigns and Taker vs. Sting, and nobody else fighting each other specifically, that's 6 matches right there.

Do you think we could see Orton vs. Brock? That's a match that's NEVER been done, would probably be awesome, and in WWE's mind, Orton is a big star who would look great on a poster next to Brock. If Brock isn't facing Roman and isn't facing 'Taker and isn't facing Cena (though he might be facing any of them), Orton seems like the next logical choice in terms of somebody who could be relatively credible-looking against him.

I can't imagine wanting to base your main event aspirations of HBK, not as a 'face of the company' type deal at least. 'I want to be the champion only after everyone other than me has jumped ship and i've made best friends with vince. I want to bury any potential money storylines because I don't like the other guy, and I'm still going to be thrown to the back as soon as Vince gets another mastodon like Sid Vicious.'

almost like Cena

100% yes!

I think he'll be in the Andre Battle Royale, at best. Unless he gets back together with Lana and goes on a glorious face run as a boisterous Russian bear, in which case the sky's the limit.

-------

Alternatively, if they decide NOT to do Taker vs. Sting for the obvious reason of it being a terrible idea in terms of the match, itself, could you see them doing Wyatt vs. Sting? Maybe have Sting come out to do a fake retirement speech, have Bray attack him, have Sting go over at WM then Hall of Fame the next year? If they did that, then they could do Roman vs. Brock II and John Cena vs. Undertaker, which frees up a few more matches down the card.

Toki767

It's funny that that also describes HHH.

a main event match for bray wyatt at mania? you're killing me

He faced John Cena his first 'Mania and Undertaker his second. They clearly see money in the guy, or at least in selling merchandise based on whatever entrance gimmick they give him for the show. Again, I'm just trying to think from what I can see WWE doing to try and sell 100k tickets.

My fantasy top of the card would be HHH/Zayn, Shield Triple Threat, Brock/Oron, and Undertaker/Balor, but that ain't gonna fuckin' happen brother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that that also describes HHH.

HHH is fairly sizeable compared to Shawn Michaels. He would have gotten the title eventually regardless of where Austin and Rock's career went. HHH survived many mastodons bigger than him debuting as well.

I think HHH has overrated himself so much in WWE canon that the resulting backlash against him has actually caused him to be paradoxically underrated. The dude is a great, great heel when he wants to be.

Sephzilla

I think HHH has overrated himself so much in WWE canon that the resulting backlash against him has actually caused him to be paradoxically underrated. The dude is a great, great heel when he wants to be.
He's a fantastic heel when there's a big face character who gets bigger pops than him. When HHH is the top dog we get shit like Evolution

klonere

Banned
Podemos escribir en español con subtitulos?

do we actually need subtitles? we don't cuz we are ZERO FEAR​

The LU producer Eric said on Austin's podcast that they let Pentagon do his stuff in Spanish subtitled because he's just that damn good. Most of everything else has to be done in two languages.

His conviction in the character comes across so well no matter the language.

Ambrose has:

-Rebound lariat
-Flying elbow
-Dirty deeds
-that thing where he pushes off the opposite turnbuckle, hits a clothesline to the person in the opposite corner, then does a bulldog.

His only real problem is that the rebound lariat is kinda dumb to do EVERY match. Just give him a regular lariat, a submission, and maybe one other move (something that looks like it hits hard, preferably, since the dude's so SAWFT otherwise), and he'd honestly not be much different than anybody else.

Toki767

Maybe we could do Taker vs. Kane double retirement match. Or Brothers of Destruction vs. Sting and someone else (Cena?).

Why would you want Undertaker vs Kane a third time at Wrestlemania?

Especially when it wasn't good the first two times.

I've heard HHH described as "An 8/10 sold as a 10/10, and thought of as a 6/10 as a result".

He's a solid B+. - Dave Meltzer

Top Bottom