• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

zUKhO.gif

bret-sunny.jpg

Heel

You missed what happened after:

Cesaro cut a great promo backstage. This lead to a pretty awesome exchange between him and Owens. Cesaro called him out over walking out on matches. Cesaro with a great line - "Walk, Owens, Walk"...

So there is the new Owens feud.

What's the feud, relevancy? #Mess

UberTag

You missed what happened after:

Cesaro cut a great promo backstage. This lead to a pretty awesome exchange between him and Owens. Cesaro called him out over walking out on matches. Cesaro with a great line - "Walk, Owens, Walk"...

So there is the new Owens feud.
He'll lose that one, too.
Because a feud with Cena is a path that leads in only one direction.

Even though he spent the last 2 months fighting all comers and wreslting his ass off they are totally making Owens a cowardly heel now huh?

Dat main roster creative.

Full SD

* Dean Ambrose kicked off SmackDown with a promo in the ring and was put in a match.

* Sheamus defeated Dean Ambrose with a Brogue Kick. Ambrose was distracted by Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper on the big screen.

* JoJo interviewed Neville in the back but Stardust popped up on a screen behind them and started laughing.

* Neville defeated Adam Rose in a quick match.

* Stardust cut a backstage promo on Neville.

* A Sasha Banks vignette aired.

* King Barrett comes out to the ring for a promo on being The King.

* Rusev with Summer Rae defeated Kevin Owens by count out when Owens left.

* Owens interrupted a Cesaro interview backstage and they had words. Cesaro knocked Owens for walking out on matches.

* The Bella Twins defeated Sasha Banks and Naomi when Nikki Bella hit the Rack Attack on Naomi.

* Seth Rollins defeated Cesaro in the match of the night with a Pedigree. Owens came out after the match and attacked Cesaro, hitting him with a pop-up powerbomb.

jnc

Alucard

Banned
In his book Daniel Bryan mentions Chris Benoit as part of the WCW cruiserweight division he admired as a kid. Is this thread-worthy?

Only if you title it "Daniel Bryan was inspired by murderer/wrestler Chris Benoit." Click bait levels through the roof.

Or maybe one of these...

Chris Benoit inspired Daniel Bryan? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Daniel Bryan says YES! to Chris Benoit

Man these SD Spoilers.

Ambrose loses to Sheamus.

And then Cesaro loses to Rollins, who is supposed to be a chickenshit loser heel. This bothers me only because it makes Cesaro look a lot weaker.

Seriously, this week has really ticked me off. It's amazing that they don't think much of Owens at all, putting him with the rest of the locker room to stop Taker/Brock from fighting. That was painful to see because it's not something he would do.

I also thought someone like Owens would be more vocal about his position. Is he just happy to be there and provide more for his family than he ordinarily ever would?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Listen, I know Bryan is a little 'not all there' in the head, but I don't recall Chris Benoit being a cruiserweight competitor in WCW.

Is Daniel calling Benoit a vanilla midget?

Listen, I know Bryan is a little 'not all there' in the head, but I don't recall Chris Benoit being a cruiserweight competitor in WCW.

Maybe he's grouping them all together under "guys WCW didn't make world champ because of their size." I've heard Benoit put in that category with Mysterio, Jericho, Malenko, and Guerrero who were in the cruiserweight division and who Benoit wrestled against frequently so...maybe?

Then, in 1995, World Championship Wrestling created the Cruiserweight Title and brought in some wrestlers who started to give me hope that my size wouldn’t be an issue. All of a sudden on my TV every week were guys like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, and Dean Malenko, who were my height or shorter and had wrestled in Mexico, Europe, and Japan, learning different styles everywhere they went. Guerrero and Benoit wrestled each other in a match on WCW Saturday Night that was so good it made me start recording wrestling so I could watch the matches again and again.

I can't believe WWE put their logo on this.

DMczaf

I love how Brock gets out of the ring and runs around to kick more ass during the brawl.

Brock is a master of the octagon and the squared circle, friends.

That quote sounds more like he admired how Benoit helped prove smaller guys could succeed too and he's putting it all under the umbrella of "the cruiserweight division"

Toki767

Actually. I just watched Nitro episode 44? 45? And Benoit was facing Eddie and Bischoff was talking about how the winner could be in line for a Cruiserweight title match.

Even though Eddie was going to face Flair for the US title at the PPV.

Top Bottom