• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
dpMxSiB.jpg
uNKiUBd.jpg

You include those two but leave out this one?

4730255_l1.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
I still wish we got Biker Taker instead.

At least then we could get a Biker Taker vs. Korporate Kane segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So if you had to pin down your favorite WWE "Golden Age" year, which one would it be? I'm torn between 1990 and 1988...

jmdajr

Chav (/ˈtʃæv/ CHAV) is a pejorative epithet used in Britain to describe a particular stereotype. The word was popularised in the first decade of the 21st century by the British mass media to refer to an anti-social youth subculture in the United Kingdom.

741px-Chav.svg.png

nice

bit there is hope

478920_017.jpg

tumblr_nj4164brQ01re6b50o1_500.gif

RP912

Banned
So if you had to pin down your favorite WWE "Golden Age" year, which one would it be? I'm torn between 1990 and 1988...

Probably 1992 for me because it was like the last hurrah for wrestlers of the past and new bloods that would later pay their dues (or help VInce pay the rent :/). .

klonere

Banned
Friends, the hip hop world has produced better feuds in a week than the WWE has in a year.

Time to get back on that celebrity Raw train.

Jamie OD

Wait, how did McGuinness/Danielson damage both mens careers? Aside from the vicious injuries.

Definitely because of the injuries. Nigel was so beaten up he was never the same after it. As awesome as that match was he became a physical wreck and Danielson's shoulder problems began around that period too if I remember correctly.

Definitely because of the injuries. Nigel was so beaten up he was never the same after it. As awesome as that match was he became a physical wreck and Danielson's shoulder problems began around that period too if I remember correctly.

But the hep stuff of McGuinness too, i've heard of him being on steroids, never thought that myself due to his look but not saying it's wrong. And heard about an infamous spot where he headbutted the post? Never seen that either though. UK, so the DVDs aren't readily available here, especially back during that feud.

Danielson's shoulder issues were pressing yeah, but it was more his Morishima matches that fucked him up royally, they were BRUTAL.

jmdajr

blah blah blah

Back on February 19th of this year, WWE Doctor Chris Amann filed a Libel/Slander lawsuit against Phil “CM Punk” Brooks and Colt Cabana, stemming from comments Punk made during an appearance on Colt Cabana’s “Art of Wrestling” podcast.

The Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court has released court documents which provide updates on the current status of the case, and what will happen next.

The last three entries of the document, which you can view below, are the keys. It looks like there were a few initial amendments to the Complaint and Punk’s initial Motion to strike the Complaint was continued, likely until Colt Cabana’s attorney entered his appearance. Then on July 20th, you see the two entries below where the Judge denied (DND) Punk’s Motion and Cabana’s Motion (Participant Brooks and Colton, as that is Punk and Cabana’s real names, respectively). The Judge then assigned the case to a category and allowed 28 months for Discovery.

In layman’s terms, Amann’s lawsuit has survived initial procedural challenges to its sufficiency. The parties now have up to 28 months to exchange information, obtain medical documentation, depose witnesses, etc. That doesn’t mean that the case will go to trial or that the suit ultimately will be successful. But it does mean that this issue isn’t going away anytime soon.

Activity Date: 7/20/2015 Participant: BROOKS STRIKE OR WITHDRAW COMPLAINT, AMENDED COMPLAINT OR PORTION THEREOF – DND – Judge: BROSNAHAN JANET ADAMS

Activity Date: 7/20/2015 Participant: COLTON STRIKE OR WITHDRAW COMPLAINT, AMENDED COMPLAINT OR PORTION THEREOF – DND – Judge: BROSNAHAN JANET ADAMS

Activity Date: 7/20/2015 Participant: AMANN CASE ASSIGNED TO CATEGORY 2 – DISC. COMPLETED IN 28 MONTHS Judge: BROSNAHAN JANET ADAMS

Fox318

Yesss, CM Punk is going to get destroyed in court. Can't wait. That slanderer deserves it.

Except eveyone has talked about the medical team and vince pushing guys to often.

Mark Henry had that same issue with WWE.

They need to give guys time off. It should be mandatory.

I hope the lawsuit forced them to open up their medical records and really examine their work schedule.

Guys should not be traveling and wrestling 4-5 days a week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
JR's podcast with John Pollock was wonderful. Pollock has the best perspectives on everything and brought out the best in JR. JR talked a lot about how heels are having issues due to the focus on the match work itself, they don't do heel things, and they do big moments and big spots, which unfortunately neuter themselves as heels instead of holding back and letting the faces be faces. A lot of Wyatt vs Reigns at Battleground was cited as a big problem. Wyatt IS talented, but he needs to hold that in and not do crowd-pleasing spots.

Except eveyone has talked about the medical team and vince pushing guys to often.

I hope the lawsuit forced them to open up their medical records and really examine their work schedule.

Whilst I agree, they have been miles better lately looking after people. Night and day, Ziggler's concussion when he was WHC they were very protective of him, with Bryan now, Punk is the only person moderately recently they pushed back, but then again knowing what Punk is like he offered to do it and is now lying.

Love the guy, but he's sketchy when he wants to be.

jmdajr

JR's podcast with John Pollock was wonderful. Pollock has the best perspectives on everything and brought out the best in JR. JR talked a lot about how heels are having issues due to the focus on the match work itself, they don't do heel things, and they do big moments and big spots, which unfortunately neuter themselves as heels instead of holding back and letting the faces be faces. A lot of Wyatt vs Reigns at Battleground was cited as a big problem. Wyatt IS talented, but he needs to hold that in and not do crowd-pleasing spots.

Austin complained about the same thing in his podcast (Wyatt match).

Personally I didn't even think of it.

Sephzilla

I'm actually kind of surprised Vince isnt trying to get Amann to drop this. I suspect Vince doesn't want people sniffing around WWE's medical stuff

OctoMan

Banned

None of this excuses Punk for lying.

Cagey

Banned

Also known as "Dolph Ziggler Syndrome" or "ROH Disease." Getting "over" shouldn't mean applause and cheers, it should mean the desired crowd reaction towards your character.

We're not watching two neutral characters fight and we shouldn't be reacting as such.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well, this case has nothing to do with his injury time, or someone else's issues with WWE - strictly what Punk said on a public platform. So...I think he's pretty screwed. I don't think anything else really comes into play here. I'd like to see WWE take more care as well, however.

jmdajr

Whilst I agree, they have been miles better lately looking after people. Night and day, Ziggler's concussion when he was WHC they were very protective of him, with Bryan now, Punk is the only person moderately recently they pushed back, but then again knowing what Punk is like he offered to do it and is now lying.

Love the guy, but he's sketchy when he wants to be.

They have said that Punk has communication problems. Maybe Punk just assumes people are supposed to understand him.

Who knows. Being a jerk has both helped and hindered him.

edit: could also be Punk is such an ass people's ears turn off when he speaks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also known as "Dolph Ziggler Syndrome" or "ROH Disease." Getting "over" shouldn't mean applause and cheers, it should mean the desired crowd reaction towards your character.

We're not watching two neutral characters fight and we shouldn't be reacting as such.

It's a strange thing, because Vince's insistence on "no black or white, shades of grey characters" is what's also causing thing. I think we need more CLEAR directions on characters.

Top Bottom