• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

kiguel182

And if he comes back doing headbutts and stuff then someone needs to talk him down. I mean, it's pretty obvious he puts wrestling above that but he can't.

But the doctors say he is excellent so I don't know.

somedevil

And if he comes back doing headbutts and stuff then someone needs to talk him down. I mean, it's pretty obvious he puts wrestling above that but he can't.

But the doctors say he is excellent so I don't know.

He has 3 more years on his contract left. So to wrestler elsewhere he either has to be released or sue the company to let him wrestle elsewhere.

His neck and shoulder is fine. He lost a bit of arm strength due to the surgery not happening way earlier when the problem started.

He has been cleared by a phoenix doctor who works for the NFL. So its up to the WWE when they want to clear him and let him wrestle again. Knowing them it be for the Royal Rumble.

kiguel182

Even if Bryan isn't 100 per cent he is far away from where Angle is. That is an extreme case.

Bryan's main problem was the arm and that is mostly solved and now concussion that is solved apparently.

Also turns out the Sheamus match was not what gave him a concussion, but something on the European tour. And Stone Cold got worked by those Harper suplexes

jmdajr

D. Bry needs to stay away from the Rumble unless he's winning it.

And at this point I have no clue who clue who will. But it won't be D. Bry.

kiguel182

He has 3 more years on his contract left. So to wrestler elsewhere he either has to be released or sue the company to let him wrestle elsewhere.

His neck and shoulder is fine. He lost a bit of arm strength due to the surgery not happening way earlier when the problem started.

He has been cleared by a phoenix doctor who works for the NFL. So its up to the WWE when they want to clear him and let him wrestle again. Knowing them it be for the Royal Rumble.

He said that he will use the fact that they are indepentent contractors to wrestle. Wasn't that what Alberto Del Rio did?

Like because of their contracts they can't really enforce the non-compete clause.

They're gonna be idiots and have him return for the Rumble and get eliminated minutes later by Nash. And then he'll be out another year because Nash powerbombing him out of the ring will somehow wreck his spine.

kiguel182

The only way they can have Bryan in the Rumble is if a heel wins it and he is eliminated for a good Mania feud.

But it's still a risk even now.

Savitar

Bryan needs to stop doing any moves that involves his head impacting another person.

Was bewildered that he was doing so much where his head was potentially taking hits.

The thing about having Kevin win the Royal Rumble is it sounds nice but then you realize that also means he's headlining the main event of Wrestlemania.

D. Bry needs to stay away from the Rumble unless he's winning it.

And at this point I have no clue who clue who will. But it won't be D. Bry.

I think if Undertaker has a proper final 6 month run ala Ric Flair leading up until mania then they would be silly not to do Bryan Versus Taker once. I remember hearing it was something Taker wanted to do a few years ago at a WM but Bryan was till deemed not worthy by the higher ups so they did Triple H again or whatever.

Maybe thats something they can do to keep him away from the rumble because we know how it goes when he doesnt win it.

kiguel182

Honestly, who could win it but Reigns? And who would be champion then?

It seems they don't have main-event talent to main-event Mania honestly.

The thing about having Kevin win the Royal Rumble is it sounds nice but then you realize that also means he's headlining the main event of Wrestlemania.

No, it means he'd be wrestling for the belt. Wouldn't want to steal spotlight from HHH/Rock 24

As if the situation couldn't get any wilder, Roddy Piper was the latest wrestling personality to chime in on the Hulk Hogan situation. The WWE Hall of Famer appeared on Audience Network with former ESPN anchor Rich Eisen to talk about the controversy.

As it turns out, Piper spoke very little of Hogan, or anything specific really. Instead he brought attention to himself, and talked about how he'd ordered at Mexican restaurants that had sandwiches called "gringo burgers." He also made sure to mention that he once placed 5th in the world in bagpipe playing.

"When I would go into Madison Square Garden, I wasn't the most popular guy. Madison Square Garden there's 16,000 Puerto Ricans with knives and great radios and stuff. They pick it up from L.A. That's how they knew that I was there," Piper tried to explain.

Piper mentioned that he would wear a kilt at MSG, he'd have homophobic slurs at him. Eisen steered the conversation back towards Hogan, where Piper finally commented...sort of.

"My point is that, boy, you guys are sensitive," Piper said. "Hang on. I know people who have to get up to walk five miles for water first thing in the morning. I'm just saying this literally happens to me my whole life. With Hulk, I don't agree with all his choices, but you know what, I don't hear people saying all the great things he does. When he was on the Wheaties box, all those kids that said their prayers and took their vitamins. I don't hear them saying that. They just want to nail this."

Piper also noted that everyone needed to get a life, but we shouldn't be hurting people's feelings for no reason. He also mentioned that Brooke Hogan isn't actually Brooke's real name, and put over the Stand for the Silent charity he's worked with. Eisen then apologized for the homophobic slur Piper said that managed to make it on air.

Somebody please stop giving Piper live mics

Roddy Piper, Master of Race Relations

blackpiper_display_image.jpg

dream

Wrestlinggaf will remember Roddy as a generous man, a doting father, whose love for his children was equaled only by his love for the business.

Thorakai

Roddy Piper, Master of Race Relations

blackpiper_display_image.jpg

I finally got around to watching a bit more of the Monday Night Wars documentary and I was surprised as hell to see the WWE acknowledge the blackface segment in the DX episode. No way they were blind to it with the strategic insertion of Mark Henry saying how funny it all was.

Bryan needs to stop being a fucking idiot and listen to reason and doctors. What the fuck does he even need to prove by trying to be reckless in the ring anyways?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev ‏@RusevBUL 20h20 hours ago
So Owens quit on the match to go and tell @WWECesaro that he is going to grab a bite to eat? This FrenchAmericans are no good
even Rusev is getting in on the fat jokes
AU7Amsc.gif

"His" doctor says he's fine. WWE's real doctors say it ain't so. Trust in medicine, not in hoodoo.

It's a legit doctor.

From the NFL. aka the one sport where people regularly lie to teams about being fine so they can play, and a decade later they're dead.

I admire Angle more, because at least Angle admitted he wants to die in-ring. If you go to these lengths just to ruin your body, at least be open about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
even Rusev is getting in on the fat jokes
AU7Amsc.gif

lmao, wonder how mad the Owens stans are. Kaladin respond if Rusev is "no longer cool"

It's a legit doctor.

From the NFL. aka the one sport where people regularly lie to teams about being fine so they can play, and a decade later they're dead.

I admire Angle more, because at least Angle admitted he wants to die in-ring. If you go to these lengths just to ruin your body, at least be open about it.

Oh yeah? Color me surprised Bryan would hunt down a real doct...wait. Did the doctor get booted from the NFL?

Aiii

So not worth it

Related: Bryan actually turned down his last New Japan invite because they had invited him to Japan and they didn't get him a Visa for like three months in a row (due to some backstage politics bs he wasn't really involved in) out of principle. Even though he would have made more money than his Indy dates in the same period, just out of spite.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So your saying a neurologist in Phoenix who works for the NFL is not a real doctor?

Follow the money.

Why have NFL doctors been allowed to put concussed players out on the field for so many years? Why has the NFL been hit with a HUGE lawsuit over it?

Hell, it's a perfect fit. Way to go Daniel Bryan, you found a quack.

Top Bottom