• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Some said Flair should be the new Tough Enough judge. I think WWE says no way.

Bret Hart is boring but safe. Who else can they get?

Edge? Probably too busy.

You know what should be done....

NBC should cancel the show.

Its ratings suck and its going to keep the hulk story alive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret would have too high of standards.

Though I'd much rather Bret Hart criticize me than a 22 year old that's only had a cup of coffee in the big time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love that Titus and Young figured out how to wrestle and on top of that Young figured out his character and no longer looks like Cocoa Pebbles.

Titus could be the guy in a few years. I don't see it for many reasons, but he is so damn charming outside the ring and imposing in the ring.

Fox318

I love that Titus and Young figured out how to wrestle and on top of that Young figured out his character and no longer looks like Cocoa Pebbles.

Titus could be the guy in a few years. I don't see it for many reasons, but he is so damn charming outside the ring and imposing in the ring.

Titus is too old(for then) and I'm not sure he has the workrate for a long singles match.

But he is a fucking great hot tag and its not a bad thing to keep talent in the tag divisions.

WWE has a thing where as soon as a tag group is good they have to have them feud.

Things like that are why The Young Bucks shouldn't ever sign with the WWE. They would split them up and devalue what makes them special.

Flair on tough enough would be. Too much of a shoot. Look up the story about him on gut check.

Also can't wait for the Self,destruction of hulk hogan DVD

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Owen would have had a really good tail end to his career and probably would have had a good Taker match at Mania at some point too.

I would have been on board with this and Owen against the likes of Angle, Guerrero, and Benoit at their peak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I was the WWE and were to employ Nash
Lt9CJQ2.jpg

I'd make better use of him than Tough Enough

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Disco Inferno is embarrassing himself right now on Twitter.

Kaladin

Interesting bit from PWINSIDER on Tough Enough in wake of the Hogan incident:

Tough Enough has been seen as a major priority within the company, to the point that since it launched Vince McMahon has skipped Smackdown tapings in order to personally oversee Tough Enough's production at Full Sail University every week.

Has Smackdown been any better lately without Vince there? I haven't watched the last few weeks.

Fox318

Has Smackdown been any better lately without Vince there? I haven't watched the last few weeks.

The matches are fine except the Divas segments which are so bad.

Everything is so fake and edited with the crowd.

klonere

Banned

Cesaro got to cut a promo last week and pre MiTB Rollins and Ambrose had an excellent back and forth without any Authority or whacky shenanigans from Ambrose.

Otherwise its been Smackdown - heavily edited and completely inconsequential.

JavyOO7

Catching up on NXT and on the March 4th episode... Kevin Owens getting that water bottle and throwing water on top of Alex Riley was great. Owens is a great bully. Riley getting pissed and showing some fire.

My boy Baron Corbin laying waste to another jobber.

Emma coming back and telling my girl Bayley how being so nice doesn't get you anywhere... great episode so far. Better than RAW!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's another thing when we talk about Raw being 3 hours and it being too long.

Keep in mind that they have a fucking whole other show where NOTHING happens and nobody cares. It's not like they build up lower tier titles on SD or lower tier angles. Even when Russo had Thunder, shit was happening and moving angles forward. Smackdown hasn't been relevant since Undertaker 'retired'

jmdajr

That's another thing when we talk about Raw being 3 hours and it being too long.

Keep in mind that they have a fucking whole other show where NOTHING happens and nobody cares. It's not like they build up lower tier titles on SD or lower tier angles. Even when Russo had Thunder, shit was happening and moving angles forward. Smackdown hasn't been relevant since Undertaker 'retired'

It's all side quests

Aiii

So not worth it

Actually since the brand split ended. Around the time Bryan lost the belt to Sheamus.

klonere

Banned
Catching up on NXT and on the March 4th episode... Kevin Owens getting that water bottle and throwing water on top of Alex Riley was great. Owens is a great bully. Riley getting pissed and showing some fire.

My boy Baron Corbin laying waste to another jobber.

Emma coming back and telling my girl Bayley how being so nice doesn't get you anywhere... great episode so far. Better than RAW!

Oh man you'll love what happens with Emma. It only gets better from there along with an amazing new theme.

Kaladin

Honestly, the only thing you really need to watch is the PPVs.

Does Raw matter? Sure....but they can edit it down to 90 minutes on Hulu and you don't miss anything crucial to build for the next PPV.

Also, if you really wanted to be frugal, you can just watch the PPV and the pre-show special and all the pre-match video packages will show you everything you missed and clue you in on any TV matches worth going back for.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I...I cracked the code.

Get Ziggler on Tough Enough as the third man, and a fake ass interpreter for his hand signals.

klonere

Banned
Pentagon Jr getting that big babyface reaction after powerboming a jobber through a table and then breaking his arm after he had won. Wonder how the writing crew reacted to it at the time.

I think this Hogan stuff will blow over and we will see him on under a legends deal again.

With the current climate and racial tensions in the US + WWE being really sensitive about its image I don't blame them for cutting all contact with him.

Might not be for a few years but I think things will be patched back up.

Top Bottom