• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Rusev obviously lurks here.

WE LOVE YOU, RUSEV!

73IY65N.gif

Inspire Pro announces the return of the Chikara-themed show at Battlewars 2... and pretty much cements that they put out some of the best promotional art in the indies today:

qicFamN.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, for all the nerds getting angry about Pixels and saying it's going to flop, it sure seems like EVERYONE is talking about it.
eric-bischoff-controversy-creates-cash-book-cover.jpg

I'm far from excusing this Hogan thing, but, really is that it? I can 100% understand wanting to cut future ties with him because we really should have zero tolerance for this stuff, but a total death sentence is massive given what the previous precedent on that is. And I don't even care for Hogan. At all. Were the institutional racism not so rampant in the WWE I would probably take this a lot more seriously. "Top name in racist company owned by racist outed as racist"?

Sigh. I sound like a racist idiot, don't I?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm far from excusing this Hogan thing, but, really is that it? I can 100% understand wanting to cut future ties with him because we really should have zero tolerance for this stuff, but a total death sentence is massive given what the previous precedent on that is. And I don't even care for Hogan. At all. Were the institutional racism not so rampant in the WWE I would probably take this a lot more seriously. "Top name in racist company owned by racist outed as racist"?

*nods*

Considering everything that's happened involving racism in this country this year, your top legend who is still on one of your current products having audio where he actually admits to being racist is significant and bad.

Cagey

Banned
Extra edition of the 26th ranked sports podcast in the world, Cheap Heat, went up today to discuss Hulk Hogan.

Eagerly awaiting Pretty Good Peter Rosenberg's thoughts on one of his idols secretly hating 95% of the people he works with in hip hop.

Extra edition of the 26th ranked sports podcast in the world, Cheap Heat, went up today to discuss Hulk Hogan.

Eagerly awaiting Pretty Good Peter Rosenberg's thoughts on one of his idols secretly hating 95% of the people he works with in hip hop.
Their interview with Hulk Hogan that was on Grantland...

I can't even make it past 45 seconds.

RBH

The six-sided ring is such a buzzkill.

But I'm still interested to see how GFW's first TV tapings turn out tonight.

RBH

CKY1kdgVAAAnfbB.jpg

Global Force Wrestling’s first TV tapings take place tonight, July 24th from Las Vegas.

Here is the card for GFW Amped:

Global Championship Tournament
Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters)

Bobby Roode vs. “The Tollman” Kevin Kross

Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

Tag Team Championship Tournament
The Bollywood Boys vs. The Akbars

NEX*GEN Championship Tournament
PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) vs. Seiya Sanada

NEX*GEN Championship Tournament
Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Women’s Championship Tournament
Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei’D Tapa

Bestia 666, Blood Eagle & Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star, Zokre & Misterioso Jr.

Plus, KUSHIDA will be wrestling in a NEX*GEN one on one match!

Christina Von Eerie is in GFW? News to me. Liked what little I've seen of her on Youtube etc.

Card doesn't look that terrible, but something oddly depressing about all the (formerly's...) listed there. Hopefully some of these guys can make a mark & can drop the remember who we once were's.

Savitar

Everyone and their mothers were in the nWo at one point.

It's better than that.

Virgil learned they were going to pay another guy some cash to be "in charge of security" for the nWo. So he went to Bischoff and told him instead of bringing the guy in for the sum of money agreed on that Virgil would do it for half price.

Top Bottom