• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
heard about this hogan shit brehs
full
This Hulk Hogan / Jordan emote officially has #layers.

Gonzalez

Banned
I thought people were exaggerating that G1 day 2 was like a house show. They weren't kidding. They filmed it like a house show. So this will be the first time in years that an entire G1 tournament won't be shown on national broadcast TV. Well at least they're recording this. There are countless Champions Carnival's, and Real World Tag League where 30% of the tournaments were filmed, with rare matches that will never see the light of day.

RBH

xlBHz80.png

The Rock's mom Ata Johnson and his daughter Simone attended Friday's WWE NXT live event in Miami. Here they are with Eva Marie, her husband Jonathan Coyle, NXT Diva Lina Fanene, who is Rock's cousin, and a friend of Simone's.

GFW

PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) beat Sanada in a NEX*GEN Title tournament match
Bobby Roode cut a promo saying he was taking the Global title back to TNA. Nick Aldis (Magnus) came out and said GFW was better and so was their owner. Kongo Kong comes out and they double-team Aldis
Misterioso Jr., Zokre and Phoenix Star defeated Blood Eagle, Steve Pain and Bestia 666
The Bollywood Boys defeated The Akbars in a tag title tournament match
KUSHIDA submitted Virgil E Flynn
Lei'D Tapa interrupted a Karen Jarrett promo. Christina Von Eerie beat Tapa and Mickie James in a Women's Title tournament match
Jigsaw defeated Sonjay Dutt in a NEX*GEN Title tournament match
Commentator Chael Sonnen cuts a promo and gives Virgil E Flynn a chance in the NEX*GEN Title tournament. PJ Black superkicks and beats Virgil
Chris Mordetzky (Chris Masters) submitted Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins) with the Masterlock in a Global Title tournament match
Reno SCUM beat Los Luchas (not sure if that was a tag title tournament match)
Bobby Roode submitted "The Tollman" Kevin Kross in a Global title tournament match
Nick Aldis beat Kongo Kong in a Global title tournament match

Gonzalez

Banned
It's funny how much y'all love him now, yet when he made his debut he got shit on by most here lol.

Rusev mactchka since day 1.
I wasn't here for his Rumble debut. But did people really shit on him? He looked amazing during that Rumble. Really I was impressed by him ever since FCW. Dude was an absolute natural, just like almost every amateur wrestler who decides to go pro.

¡HarlequinPanic!;172942348 said:
#shootsaturday

Fuck gamerz getting butthurt about a website trying to raise awareness of body positivity.

On the other hand....Kevin Owens' jigglebelly... I'm so conflicted :[

Fucking smarkz.
ImwkeOv.gif

klonere

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;172942348 said:
#shootsaturday

Fuck gamerz getting butthurt about a website trying to raise awareness of body positivity.

On the other hand....Kevin Owens' jigglebelly... I'm so conflicted :[

You've come to the wrong thread to promote body positivity or alternate lifestyles friend

Mengetsu

Holy Fuck I'm sure I'm late with this but wow..

Hulk Hogan Controversy Costs WWE $50 Million

World Wresting Entertainment was on a roll.

On July 8, Wells Fargo WFC -0.74% initiated coverage of WWE with an outperform recommendation. Shares of the entertainment company increased 14% the two-week period through Wednesday, making shareholders $160 million richer.

But after it was reported that WWE was going to sever its ties with former WWE champion Hulk Hogan due to alleged racist remarks he had made long ago that were leaked to the National Inquirer two days ago, the company’s shares have tanked. Although no longer pinning opponents in the ring, Hogan was still an important ambassador for the WWE brand and was used to promote events.

Yesterday, shares of WWE plummeted almost 4%, to $16.60, swiping about $50 million from shareholders. Meanwhile, the overall market, and shares of MSG (perhaps the closest public proxy to WWE), the company that owns regional sports networks as well as the NBA’s New York Knicks and the NHL’s New York Rangers, slipped just 1%.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is set to go to trial in a $100 million personal-injury lawsuit against Gawker Media, which posted video of a sex tape of him. Yesterday, Hogan apologized for his remarks, but WWE’s shares fell further in after hours trading last night to $16.00.

Top Bottom