• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
What's wrong with that? He is a wrestler, is he not?
Also Daniel Bryan fans make more Daniel Bryan jokes at this point than I do.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you swoon over Kevin Owens as well. God knows he needs it.

And the Daniel Bryan fans have generally just been driven insane at this point by all the injuries and politics and Brie Mode, and turned heel on their idol. See Bionic and his conversion to the religion of Thuganomics.

http://imgur.com/a/RWHg2#0

BMKGvmR.jpg

Thank you!

RP912

Banned
This place needs some big wiggle.

QlRGtKb.gif

Seriously, it's not that serious. Enjoy wrestling and just appreciate the ignore list. The snarky tones and fat shaming can be overwhelming, but it's the internet...not ballet.

kiguel182

I know, too much talk about that Full Sail crowd is derailing this thread

Cesaro promo from Smackdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC5P0DEMzmg&app=desktop

He's getting there, eventually.

His solo promo is okay but man, against Owens he was eating words and whatnot.

Also, are they turning Owens in a chicken shit heel? Because fuck if so. Owens on NXT would just beat people up who disrespected him except for one or two people. On WWE he seems to run away from everyone now.

RP912

Banned
Cesaro is ok talker if the WWE let him have complete freedom. I'm still disappointed that The Transporter gimmick wasn't a thing after his regal as fuck appearance on the WWE 2k15 commercial.

Dude could be more than just a strong man...but reasons.

Mahonay

Banned
Been watching some of the better WWF and WCW matches I've never seen from about 92' to 94'. Right now I'm watching Bret Vs. Michaeles at Survivor Series 92'.

Whenever I watch anything from WWF during this era, having to listen to Vince commentate is the absolute fucking worst. He's with Heenan on this show and you can hear Brain just not really giving a shit anymore after being saddled with Vince on commentary. I don't blame him. Although weirdly this match Vince is actually calling most of the moves instead of everything being a maneuver.

Shawn was pretty jacked in 92.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Again, use the ignore list function if you can't deal with Bull Demosey and Kevin Owens being called fat. Wrasslegaf is not a hive mind. You can make your own echo chamber if you use the ignore list.

RP912

Banned
My ideal of a wrestling hivemind is the TNA comment section on Youtube. The circlejerk is real on that side of town. Dixie losing money out of the ass "Vince lost money too". Dixie just resigned Hulk Hogan "IN YOUR FACE WWE!!"

Shudders.

dT6zZCB.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Again, use the ignore list function if you can't deal with Bull Demosey and Kevin Owens being called fat. Wrasslegaf is not a hive mind. You can make your own echo chamber if you use the ignore list.
When I first started posting in WrassleGAF my first impression was "Wow these guys are assholes".

Now I have respect for the true dedication to kayfabe, and the amount of bans I've seen eaten in here. Impressive.

klonere

Banned
I should not have started watching LU because now I am going to be incredibly sad when they don't get a second season or get a severely hamstrung second season.

Aiii

So not worth it
People that think that the Punk Q&A is that way because it is wrestling fans... Nope, you are wrong. All the wrestling Q&A's are lighthearted and fun, and people want to know about backstage stuff and shit.

All these MMA Q&A's are littered with dumb questions, people trying to get themselves over, or dumb fucks trying to pick fights. MMA fans have some growing up to do when wrestling crowds are showing you up.

Some of the questions aren't too bad, but christ, those idiots in between, wow.

Cagey

Banned
Im so glad I fucking know none of you. Gamers butthurt, wrestling nerds butthurt, all communities of hobbies are butthurt. Welcome to 1998
Hm.
Kevin Owens is fat lolololololololollolol
Vader is fat lolololololololollolol
Yokozuna was fat lololololololol
Rikishi is fat lololololololol

Am I doing it right? Or should I be complaining about RAW as I watch it because I have no self control? People are different and I don't like that lololololololol

Welcome to WrassleGAF

Every time I come here it's the same thing. We have the same people body shaming. Then the same ones who won't let CM Punk be and have to complain about everything he does. And it's just never ending cycle where no one actually talks about wrestling but does nothing but criticise the people who make this hobby something they clearly love.

Never once has there been discussion about things that we enjoy or what we getting behind and want to share but instead finding ways to poke fun of someone being fat. Kevin Owens was given an opportunity and he made it work, his mic skills are unique and captivating and while the booking isn't always great he does the best with what he has got and I appreciate that but can we talk about that here? Of course not because supposedly all Kevin Owens is, is fat and nothing else.
I sense a disconnect between the first and then second and third posts.

Kornflayx

The ignore function makes this thread much less fun. We're all special little snowflakes. It's just that some are more "special" than others.

wFaDJfn.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Thank you, Mahonay
Fuck all ya'll.

My ideal of a wrestling hivemind is the TNA comment section on Youtube. The circlejerk is real on that side of town. Dixie losing money out of the ass "Vince lost money too". Dixie just resigned Hulk Hogan "IN YOUR FACE WWE!!"

Shudders.

dT6zZCB.gif
Being a TNA fan is the wrestling equivalent of having dementia. Those are some lost souls. Like I legit feel bad for the hell they've trapped themselves in.

People that think that the Punk Q&A is that way because it is wrestling fans... Nope, you are wrong. All the wrestling Q&A's are lighthearted and fun, and people want to know about backstage stuff and shit.

All these MMA Q&A's are littered with dumb questions, people trying to get themselves over, or dumb fucks trying to pick fights. MMA fans have some growing up to do when wrestling crowds are showing you up.

Some of the questions aren't too bad, but christ, those idiots in between, wow.
Q&A's by their very nature seem to attract the most socially inept human beings on this planet. Whenever I find myself at one my ass is clenched from cringing.

RP912

Banned
To be fair we are all assholes in a unique way. I'm a asshole at times, but it's all comes with the territory. What makes this place special is that it's like the virtual locker room without dudes shitting in your gym bag. A simple wrestling discussion without ribbing, jokes, and FnP would be rather depressing. It's bad enough folks lose brain cells and gain high blood pressure every Monday night, sometimes it's good to talk a little shit.

The true assholes have stopped posting eons ago, though.

This generation of WrassleGAF is fun and playful.

There are still some old con men relics around at least.

Joker Sting will make an appearance before you get your retail copy of MN9. I'm sorry man lol.

They still haven't changed the release date on amazon and gamestop even though I read in that thread it was just a mistake.

Striker

Same way it's shit to label a wrestler solely on his look, which isn't the end all and be all of a wrestlers ability to make money and entertain.Owens is the best talker WWE has right now? Who is up for discussing that opinion?
Wrestling is primarily based on a person's look. Where have you been?

Kevin Owens' problem isn't that he's fat. It's that he dresses like a dude who wears b-ball shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt like he's still in the indies or some backyard wrestling show. It's horrendous. Did you see huge guys like Vader, Yoko, and Bam Bam wearing such garbage? Either originate a character like those guys or hit the gym.

klonere

Banned
Wrestling is primarily based on a person's look. Where have you been?

Kevin Owens' problem isn't that he's fat. It's that he dresses like a dude who wears b-ball shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt like he's still in the indies or some backyard wrestling show. It's horrendous. Did you see huge guys like Vader, Yoko, and Bam Bam wearing such garbage? Either originate a character like those guys or hit the gym.

19900707_vader.jpg

Owens need to learn from the GOAT. This is how you put fear of God into wrestlers.

I don't think convincing monster heel is what they have in mind for Owens guys.

They are going down the delusional arrogant heel that will be midcard fodder in ~2 months.

Savitar

Every time I come here it's the same thing. We have the same people body shaming. Then the same ones who won't let CM Punk be and have to complain about everything he does. And it's just never ending cycle where no one actually talks about wrestling but does nothing but criticise the people who make this hobby something they clearly love.

Never once has there been discussion about things that we enjoy or what we getting behind and want to share but instead finding ways to poke fun of someone being fat. Kevin Owens was given an opportunity and he made it work, his mic skills are unique and captivating and while the booking isn't always great he does the best with what he has got and I appreciate that but can we talk about that here? Of course not because supposedly all Kevin Owens is, is fat and nothing else.

Quoting for worth.

Wrestle Gaf is good but it does have some issues it needs to sort out.

RP912

Banned
I don't think convincing monster heel is what they have in mind for Owens guys.

They are going down the delusional arrogant heel that will be midcard fodder in ~2 months.

I'm going by what makes a wrestler marketable in the WWE. Honestly, I don't have a problem with Owens look, but the WWE is making him look like a clown by the minute. It's rather depressing that the WWE can't let Owens go full crazy like his Kill Steen Kill days.
08d0db9c9be0411cc9db38fce0d55089.jpg

He should be the most dangerous man in the world, but after Battleground, the shit seems laughable that a man who has a moveset consists of finishers lose to a fucking STF.

Gonzalez

Banned
I absolutely enjoy what Owens has done since being called up, but even I have to admit a failed big man like PN News had a way better look than what Owens currently looks like.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Legit heartbroken how Seth-kun has been booked as champiooooo fellas.

ychickenshit?
I lost whatever remaining enthusiasm I had for Seth when they had him run his ass off to the parking lot. Chicken shit heels are boring, I like heels who push peoples shit in or at least get their shots in.

RP912

Banned
You would think after the savage brutality that Seth accomplished against Ambrose, that he wouldn't be booked as such a fucking pansy.

Savitar

You would think after the savage brutality that Seth accomplished against Ambrose, that he wouldn't be booked as such a fucking pansy.

Unfortunately heels tend to be two things, cocky and cowards.

The WWE has become very narrow focused on the roles of both heels and faces that impairs them more than helps.

Striker

Chicken shit heels champions are fine, but they have no business being champion for five months. You get repetitive results. It's ending soon whether via Cener or Roman.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This thread needs THE POWER OF POSITIVITY!
A while back someone said something about ignoring people, I didn't know why, but know I know why. Simple equation, excellence breeds hostility. The longer you excell, the more it breeds. Take pride in criticism, just shows you are on their mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely enjoy what Owens has done since being called up, but even I have to admit a failed big man like PN News had a way better look than what Owens currently looks like.

Hang on, I think we need to have a PN News discussion. Whaaaaat?

A while back someone said something about ignoring people, I didn't know why, but know I know why. Simple equation, excellence breeds hostility. The longer you excell, the more it breeds. Take pride in criticism, just shows you are on their mind.

Happens all the time at work. Everyone was smiles and happiness and harmony until I got a big project. Knocked it out of the park. Made enemies JUST based on that. When you're right, you're right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So you guys are saying since Kevin Owens is doing so well that's why he's getting so much hate now

Absolutely. If he wasn't a pretty great step in the right direction, then who would care?

somedevil

So you guys are saying since Kevin Owens is doing so well that's why he's getting so much hate now

What hate? The hey he is fat meme is only here. On other boards there is no hate just anger right now that he lost to Cena and fear he is going to be moved down on the card.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What hate? The hey he is fat meme is only here. On other boards there is no hate just anger right now that he lost to Cena and fear he is going to be moved down on the card.
Which comes across as incredibly unfounded considering that he was protected from the finish on Monday.

Top Bottom