• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

KlVM0FQ.gif

When ever I see stuff like this I want guys to go full Kurt and kill them.

zxLaSlD.gif

Cagey

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;172942348 said:
#shootsaturday

Fuck gamerz getting butthurt about a website trying to raise awareness of body positivity.

On the other hand....Kevin Owens' jigglebelly... I'm so conflicted :[
Sorry, toolkit online buzzwords for social justice discussions (that discussion of formerly overweight people is a hideous, mean spirited ad hominem based on zero evidence of intent), random cursing, and playing extremely loose wth facts (the 1% cited was wildly misunderstood by people who don't understand research studies) don't constitute a quality argument.

Fox318

Holy Fuck I'm sure I'm late with this but wow..

Hulk Hogan Controversy Costs WWE $50 Million

Honestly it could be more.

A major selling point of the WWE Network is archival content with most of it featuring Hulk.

I wouldn't be surprised if this delays WCW content getting uploaded and WWE sticks to advertising the Attitude era and I'm sure that their advertisers aren't a fan of them using non pg content as a main feature.

Half of the Merch and toys in stores focused on Hulk Hogan or Hogan Era WWF.

Fox318

Wasn't Hogan a huge part of that new Animated show that was supposed to launch soon?

They are gonna have to redraw/edit/and write the show all over agin.

Sorry, toolkit online buzzwords for social justice discussions (that discussion of formerly overweight people is a hideous, mean spirited ad hominem based on zero evidence of intent), random cursing, and playing extremely loose wth facts (the 1% cited was wildly misunderstood by people who don't understand research studies) don't constitute a quality argument.

All good enough points, there's a reason I didn't roll out and shit all over topic proper. Thanks for the perspective. HH

Pizoxuat

I'm really enjoying this NJPW World subscription now. I got to see Nagata training with a limbo dancer in hopes of ducking the Rainmaker.

Recall

¡HarlequinPanic!;172942348 said:
#shootsaturday

Fuck gamerz getting butthurt about a website trying to raise awareness of body positivity.

On the other hand....Kevin Owens' jigglebelly... I'm so conflicted :[

Im so glad I fucking know none of you. Gamers butthurt, wrestling nerds butthurt, all communities of hobbies are butthurt. Welcome to 1998

You guys read about the Vince "Keep it up my Nigga!" McMahon skit?

"In the wake of the Hulk Hogan racist comments controversy, a hot topic among fans is how Vince McMahon dropped the "n word" during a WWE pay-per-view back in 2005 in a segment with John Cena, Booker T and Sharmell. The video is above if you haven't seen it.

TMZ has an article saying Hulk Hogan is "outraged" over Vince acting "so self-righteous" and condemning him for something Vince did in a premeditated way, and on TV for profit.

A WWE rep responded to TMZ and said everyone recognizes the 2005 segment with Vince "was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.”"

-LoP

klonere

Banned
You guys read about the Vince "Keep it up my Nigga!" McMahon skit?

"In the wake of the Hulk Hogan racist comments controversy, a hot topic among fans is how Vince McMahon dropped the "n word" during a WWE pay-per-view back in 2005 in a segment with John Cena, Booker T and Sharmell. The video is above if you haven't seen it.

TMZ has an article saying Hulk Hogan is "outraged" over Vince acting "so self-righteous" and condemning him for something Vince did in a premeditated way, and on TV for profit.

A WWE rep responded to TMZ and said everyone recognizes the 2005 segment with Vince "was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.”"

-LoP

lmao this is just like my post yesterday about the HHH Booker T feud

I'm TMZ material

Recall

Kevin Owens is fat lolololololololollolol
Vader is fat lolololololololollolol
Yokozuna was fat lololololololol
Rikishi is fat lololololololol

Am I doing it right? Or should I be complaining about RAW as I watch it because I have no self control? People are different and I don't like that lololololololol

Welcome to WrassleGAF

Am I doing it right? Or should I be complaining about RAW as I watch it because I have no self control? People are different and I don't like that lololololololol

Welcome to WrassleGAF

Are you okay..?

Welcome to WrassleGAF

Better not insult overweight women though, or you'll bring that dastardly Vinnie Mac into it.

Recall

Every time I come here it's the same thing. We have the same people body shaming. Then the same ones who won't let CM Punk be and have to complain about everything he does. And it's just never ending cycle where no one actually talks about wrestling but does nothing but criticise the people who make this hobby something they clearly love.

Never once has there been discussion about things that we enjoy or what we getting behind and want to share but instead finding ways to poke fun of someone being fat. Kevin Owens was given an opportunity and he made it work, his mic skills are unique and captivating and while the booking isn't always great he does the best with what he has got and I appreciate that but can we talk about that here? Of course not because supposedly all Kevin Owens is, is fat and nothing else.

Recall

All those wrestlers are fat and some of us are more critical of the product that others. We're just not afraid to express that. We're still positive when it's good. I just think it's a bit much to insult the entire community.

Same way it's shit to label a wrestler solely on his look, which isn't the end all and be all of a wrestlers ability to make money and entertain.

Wrestlers are not all the same, fucking deal with it and move on. Yes Kevin Owens is fat congratulations your eyes work in observing that but what else is there to Kevin Owens beyond his waist line? Can we talk about that for once with it reliving down the same path?

I think Kevin Owens is the best talker WWE has right now? Who is up for discussing that opinion?

Kaladin

Every time I come here it's the same thing. We have the same people body shaming. Then the same ones who won't let CM Punk be and have to complain about everything he does. And it's just never ending cycle where no one actually talks about wrestling but does nothing but criticise the people who make this hobby something they clearly love.

Never once has there been discussion about things that we enjoy or what we getting behind and want to share but instead finding ways to poke fun of someone being fat. Kevin Owens was given an opportunity and he made it work, his mic skills are unique and captivating and while the booking isn't always great he does the best with what he has got and I appreciate that but can we talk about that here? Of course not because supposedly all Kevin Owens is, is fat and nothing else.

Ignore lists are your friend. It has made this place more palatable for myself after having the same complaints. I just shake my head when I see comments from the folks I ignored quoted and it only confirms why I ignored them in the first place.

Of course, it doesn't help that these people are constantly at the top of the frequent posters list every month.

klonere

Banned
Ignore lists are your friend. It has made this place more palatable for myself after having the same complaints. I just shake my head when I see comments from the folks I ignored quoted and it only confirms why I ignored them in the first place.

Of course, it doesn't help that these people are constantly at the top of the frequent posters list every month.

AERj4U1.gif

Same way it's shit to label a wrestler solely on his look, which isn't the end all and be all of a wrestlers ability to make money.

For the most part, it's seemingly just a current "meme" within the community to make fat jokes. You can look back to before he signed with WWE, and people (myself included) enjoy his work. For the most part we're all just teasing, that's it. I definitely agree we should discuss wrestling a little more seriously more often, but when people make serious posts, they usually get replied to in kind.

At the end of the day, our jokes are completely harmless. Hell, Rusev made a fat joke about Owens the other day on Twitter. It's when it's on TV being broadcast to impressionable kids is where it becomes a problem. But this is on a forum where everyone is in on the joke.

I know, too much talk about that Full Sail crowd is derailing this thread

Cesaro promo from Smackdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC5P0DEMzmg&app=desktop

He's getting there, eventually.

Still reppin' Kidd. ; -;7

Legit heartbroken how Seth-kun has been booked as champiooooo fellas.

ychickenshit?

I'm a fan of a good chickenshit heel, but I lost a lot of interest in Seth after they took away the curb stomp. They really botched everyone in the Shield's single's push, honestly. Roman got rejected by the crowd, Seth's run has been.. less than stellar and Ambrose isn't really doing much these days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But you still drop back to complaining about people complaining about people complaining. Or making Daniel Bryan jokes. Or swooning over Bruiser Brody.

What's wrong with that? He is a wrestler, is he not?
Also Daniel Bryan fans make more Daniel Bryan jokes at this point than I do.

klonere

Banned
Legit heartbroken how Seth-kun has been booked as champiooooo fellas.

ychickenshit?

I don't mind that he's playing that type of heel its just he's not allowed to be in anyway threatening. He's a joke - an afterthought, a side show pushed aside for a Bellator freak show main event.

Him being HHH 2.0 could have been legit but instead he's like a jobber heel who happens to have the belt.

Vince Russo's take on Hogan:

VinceRussoBro said:
Every man walking this planet is a sinner—every last one of us—and, I am no exception. We are not perfect–in fact far from it—we are flawed—we all fall short of who our Creator created us to be.

http://csrwrestling.com/terry-bollea-is-just-a-man/

When did Russo turn into a crazy born again Christian? He's laying it on real thick here.

Top Bottom