• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
- Scott Steiner has been announced to star in a new action-comedy titled "Tangled" that is filming in Costa Rica. It also stars Nancy Dobles, Mario Chacon, Jose Castro and Sun Sharan. The movie begins filming in September and is expected to be released in late 2015 or early 2016.

zQ6DZS1.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What hate? The hey he is fat meme is only here. On other boards there is no hate just anger right now that he lost to Cena and fear he is going to be moved down on the card.

It's not only here pal. Broaden your horizons.

So if Lucha Underground gets a season 2. Who would you want them to,bring in?

Would love to,see La Parka, Psycho Clown and rey.

Alzo,would love to see some international talent like Zack sabre, Tommy End, will osprey Akira tozawa

Best Friends doing RustleMania 2

To be fair we are all assholes in a unique way. I'm a asshole at times, but it's all comes with the territory. What makes this place special is that it's like the virtual locker room without dudes shitting in your gym bag. A simple wrestling discussion without ribbing, jokes, and FnP would be rather depressing. It's bad enough folks lose brain cells and gain high blood pressure every Monday night, sometimes it's good to talk a little shit.

That's bullshit. I have NEVER seen you be an asshole. Ever. You're probably the nicest person in WrassleGAF. You reply to just about every terrible joke I have ever made and try to put me over. When I get back from bans, you're always there. You're our top face as far as I'm concerned.

Recall

What I've liked so far about Owens is that his has been rushed to the top and he used his mic time to justify why he was there and made the most of every opportunity given to him, If his promos were scripted he certainly took the essence of the script and just presented it in his own very unique way. Even in the indies Owens had a way with words and I like that part of his personality is allowed to shine through on this grander stage.

Cena essentially playing ball to a degree and being fair game in taking the cool "risky" looking moves helped too, I feel Cena had every hand in making sure Owens stayed a worthy adversary even if in the end it may have only been for Cena's own gain.

Have they hinted what they will be doing with Owens next? Will he just go back to NXT for a few months, do some jobs and then come back in another big feud?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What I've liked so far about Owens is that his has been rushed to the top and he used his mic time to justify why he was there and made the most of every opportunity given to him, If his promos were scripted he certainly took the essence of the script and just presented it in his own very unique way. Even in the indies Owens had a way with words and I like that part of his personality is allowed to shine through on this grander stage.

Cena essentially playing ball to a degree and being fair game in taking the cool "risky" looking moves helped too, I feel Cena had every hand in making sure Owens stayed a worthy adversary even if in the end it may have only been for Cena's own gain.

Have they hinted what they will be doing with Owens next? Will he just go back to NXT for a few months, do some jobs and then come back in another big feud?

That's really the big issue. Owens gave plenty of justification for getting into it...with Cena.

Without Cena, now why is he here?

NoRéN

I'm going by what makes a wrestler marketable in the WWE. Honestly, I don't have a problem with Owens look, but the WWE is making him look like a clown by the minute. It's rather depressing that the WWE can't let Owens go full crazy like his Kill Steen Kill days.
08d0db9c9be0411cc9db38fce0d55089.jpg

He should be the most dangerous man in the world, but after Battleground, the shit seems laughable that a man who has a moveset consists of finishers lose to a fucking STF.
Now that right there is an intimidating looking dude.

KO's current gear looks like he won a sweepstakes to be a "WWE Superstar" for a day.

Owens will be fine. Main event at mania next year I don't know but I think he'll spend a lot more time in the main event picture than not. He moves merch and already has a following.

NoRéN

¡HarlequinPanic!;172957741 said:
On the flip side, I'm not sure where Joey samoey will go, if anywhere before retirement

Dude's like KO with better mic skills. Can't see how he can't get an immediate main roster push.

Shows up on RAW for the open challenge but takes the time to single out KO."I'm gonna show you how it's done". KO interferes, AGAIN, take some weeks to build with a culmination at a PPV. CENA vs KO vs Samoa Joe.

Darkseid and Doomsday kill Superman in the ring before setting sights on each other, standing over Superman's broken body.

NoRéN;172958084 said:
Dude's like KO with better mic skills. Can't see how he can't get an immediate main roster push.

Shows up on RAW for the open challenge but takes the time to single out KO."I'm gonna show you how it's done". KO interferes, AGAIN, take some weeks to build with a culmination at a PPV. CENA vs KO vs Samoa Joe.

Darkseid and Doomsday kill Superman in the ring before setting sights on each other, standing over Superman's broken body.

I hope Cena AAs those fat fucks back to the bingo halls.

Fox318

NoRéN;172958303 said:
lol

The more likely scenario in my armchair booking would be cena delivering the AA on Owens and Joe simultaneously.

LOOK AT THAT MAGGLE JOHN CENA HAS THE ENTIRE NXT ROSTER LAID OUT. HE TRULY IS THE BEST MAGGLE AND AS THE HEEL COMMENTATOR ITS MY HONOR TO PUT CENA OVER

What is the last quality thing Samoa Joe has done? That is a genuine question. I heard his NXT run has been nothing and he was coasting in TNA for years before starting up a Twitch channel, no?

cXL7RcA.gif

Why am I the only person talking about how good Dalton Castle is? Seriously, WrassleGAF, you're slipping. Dude's got IT. The look, the charisma, the ability. He's deceptively strong, as well. The match with Liger was his coming-out party as a character, but the match with Cole last night was his coming-out party as a wrestler and he totally delivered. I'd say he's just about my favourite guy to watch in ROH at present, his impending feud with Silas Young should be great fun as well. There's another guy who's impressed recently, it's taken a while for Silas but everything's clicking now. Very happy he changed his dogshit finisher.

lpj8JyV.gif

7qgfO9J.gif

s53J3Ao.gif

That release northern lights, though. Goddamn.

RP912

Banned
Just shows where they rank Ambrose honestly. Not a threat to the main event scene.

It's truly a shame. Dude has star appeal, but stuck in midcarder hell. At least WWE gave us hope with that Dusty finish at the last PPV.

Best Friends doing RustleMania 2

That's bullshit. I have NEVER seen you be an asshole. Ever. You're probably the nicest person in WrassleGAF. You reply to just about every terrible joke I have ever made and try to put me over. When I get back from bans, you're always there. You're our top face as far as I'm concerned.

Appreciate it breh

UDHXZ0y.gif

NoRéN;172957199 said:
Now that right there is an intimidating looking dude.

KO's current gear looks like he won a sweepstakes to be a "WWE Superstar" for a day.

So much this. How can I take Owens seriously when they butchered his gimmick? Dude had me legit shooked when he powerbombed Zayn at Takeover, now he's just there.

Recall

Has an Everest German Suplex Hold ever been used as someone's finish in the US? Yoshihiro Takayama always made it look majestic.

Ehh, fuck bitching about the thread, I should be over that.

I like every GIF I've seen of Castle. Something more companies need to do I think with all these on demand services is just have a simple chronological "Watch everything person X" has done option. I'd love to run through and see what I've been missing with Castle, but fuck watching months of ROH TV. I'll try find time for the Cole match though.

Also just started Vinnie Mac approved (if I remember right) Life is Strange. Delightful so far.

Fox318

If everyone here could erase what they know about wrestling being fake, the industry, and the real life people who perform would you all?

Go back to where you came from

If everyone here could erase what they know about wrestling being fake, the industry, and the real life people who perform would you all?

I dunno. I'm trying to think if I'd enjoy it more or if I'd even be watching it at this age had I not fallen as deep as I have into the rabbit hole of "smark" knowledge. On one hand, it wouldn't be nearly as predictable, and it'd be fun and exciting each weak and disappointing for different reasons. But then the right people wouldn't be getting the praise, credit and support that they deserve.

Basically, accepting someone like Hogan as our lord and savior in the 80s, while hating everyone the feuded with him, even though a large portion of the guys he buried were more talented and genuinely better people who put more work into their craft.

I DUNNO. I'd be a Cena fan, and I'd love it since my guy won all the time. I don't think I would erase it as I am. But I would give anything to experience wrestling from the mindset of a kid again. It's a magical, fun thing.

NoRéN

cXL7RcA.gif

Why am I the only person talking about how good Dalton Castle is? Seriously, WrassleGAF, you're slipping. Dude's got IT. The look, the charisma, the ability. He's deceptively strong, as well. The match with Liger was his coming-out party as a character, but the match with Cole last night was his coming-out party as a wrestler and he totally delivered. I'd say he's just about my favourite guy to watch in ROH at present, his impending feud with Silas Young should be great fun as well. There's another guy who's impressed recently, it's taken a while for Silas but everything's clicking now. Very happy he changed his dogshit finisher.

lpj8JyV.gif

7qgfO9J.gif

s53J3Ao.gif

That release northern lights, though. Goddamn.
I thought there was another dude that kept posting about him. Or was that you too?

Dude's cool. You're not kidding when you say he's got it. Also, that name is one of the collest sounding I've heard in a while.
So much this. How can I take Owens seriously when they butchered his gimmick? Dude had me legit shooked when he powerbombed Zayn at Takeover, now he's just there.
It's only gotten worse too. Whose idea was it for him to beat down Cena on RAW and say something like "I'm the only one that can take this away from you?"

That's not what a badass dude that can destroy you in the ring would say. That's more like what a bitter crazy ex says. I don't know.

Legit dominating Owens who destroys dudes with impactful finishers, that finish a match, would be better. No long, slow promos. Merch with the NXT font used that didn't look like a company logo. Moves delivered like in the gifs Recall is posting.

tm24

cXL7RcA.gif

Why am I the only person talking about how good Dalton Castle is? Seriously, WrassleGAF, you're slipping. Dude's got IT. The look, the charisma, the ability. He's deceptively strong, as well.

I believe we all collectively agreed one month ago that Dalton Castle is the only thing worth watching in ROH.

I think if you look back at the last ROH PPV, the thread was most active during Castle's match with Young than the main event

Top Bottom