• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Amazed at how dumb some indie wrestlers can be. Heel dudes stay in character after a show and make fun of a girl with an eating disorder, then when people give them shit over it they double down on their idiocy. I didn't think they could be any more stupid than when they thought a heel group in the UK using Guy Fawkes masks was a direct rip-off of their oh-so inspired gimmick, but apparently so.

IT'S THOSE SAME ASSHOLES?!

HAHAHAJJAJAHA

Heel

I've secured the Dominono and I want to pay it forward, friends.

Submit your best Rusev and Lana love song and I will pick a winner. You're not confined to a specific genre, but I will be selecting the winner based on which song best speaks to:

A) Rusev and Lana's tribulations and, ultimately, their love.
B) My personal taste.

I will accept 10 entries via YouTube link. The winner will receive a code for one free Medium 2-Topping Handmade Pan Pizza from Dominos, carryout only. Some say it's a prize, some say it's a curse.

Please denote your entry with the following photo. Good luck.

NeTttNal.png

klonere

Banned
Gawker is a media empire that, if they did indeed engineer the leak, not only violated Hogan's privacy by posting and posting about the tape when there is literally nothing about it that could be argued as newsworthy, on its own, but used its resources to try and stack the court of public opinion against a man with a justifiable legal grievance against them in the hopes that it might influence the ruling of a legal court. That's if they did it.

But even if they didn't, Gawker is a site that has gotten rich and famous by helping to degrade journalism down to the absolute lowest common denominator. Even without the leak, I'd argue that they are the far bigger pieces of shit, in the grand scheme. Hogan being a racist piece of shit is worthy of him being scorned and ridiculed, but it's a shittiness that he did a good job, for a very very long time, of keeping it almost totally separate from his public persona, which is about as much as you can ask for from a closet racist. Gawker has built a media empire out of what could reasonably be called intellectual blood money, and even if he takes them down, their negative influence will be embedded in whatever form journalism takes in the next few decades, guaranteed.

Granted, one has to also factor in Hogan's ill-treatment of so many that he's worked with in the past, not to mention the probable reality that he has done wrong by black folk he's worked with in the past carrying such attitudes, and of course him having been so integral to the enrichment of the racist, sexist pricks that run the wrestling industry, but still, even with the worst assessment of Hogan, I'd say it's a pretty even 50-50 split.

Gawker is just the tabloid newspaper industry applied to the internet writ large. It's nothing new, nothing shocking, they aren't the anti-Christ. They are just people following the footsteps of the most successful and profitable form of news of the 20th Century.

Gawker didn't ruin shit, it was ruined yonks ago.

Amazed at how dumb some indie wrestlers can be. Heel dudes stay in character after a show and make fun of a girl with an eating disorder, then when people give them shit over it they double down on their idiocy. I didn't think they could be any more stupid than when they thought a heel group in the UK using Guy Fawkes masks was a direct rip-off of their oh-so inspired gimmick, but apparently so.

Was it that JD Sports guy

@bryanalvarez
Dave Meltzer will be on CNN between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. discussing the Hulk Hogan situation -- the news show with Brooke Baldwin. RT~!

BIG DAVE gonna drop the "well I just dunno!!!" on national TV.

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. I like Darius as a wrestler and he seems nice enough when I've spoken to him online, but dude needs to get a clue. Love that one of them defended it by saying "Flair called people fat".

They seem stuck in their own mind. Very sad.

And Gawker clearly engineered that shit, since they clearly had it and sat on it until it would benefit them to have someone else report on it

Fox318

Submit your best Rusev and Lana love song and I will pick a winner. You're not confined to a specific genre, but I will be selecting the winner based on which song best speaks to:

B) My personal taste.

I will accept 10 entries via YouTube link. The winner will receive a code for one free Medium 2-Topping Handmade Pan Pizza from Dominos, carryout only. Some say it's a prize, some say it's a curse.

[

NeTttNal.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByQNarEyIw

Hex

Banned

B) My personal taste.

NeTttNal.png

And of course Rusev's current song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxTeiWVy7M

Dave SHoemaker made an interesting point on the grandland podcast about the Hulk Hogan stuff, does this news, along with all the heat about the Confederate Flag of late, mean there is no chance the Freebirds make it into the Hall of Fame any time soon?

freebird.jpg

Google Image Search is, unfortunately, not returning the gif of Meltzer and Tenay front row at a show together from the 70s or 80s.

EDIT: Found it!

awatenaywy5jo9.jpg

Sephzilla

Fuck it. Terminator 2 if made by WWE dream cast

The Terminator - Triple H
Sarah Connor - Charlotte
John Connor - Little Jimmy
Future John Connor - Roman Reigns
T-1000 - Seth Rollins
Dr. Silverman - Michael Cole
Penitentiary Ward Guard - Jey Uso
T-1000 pretending to be Penitentiary Ward Guard - Jimmy Uso
John Connors friend - Shaemus
Biker at Bar - Dean Ambrose

Hex

Banned

Sarah Connor - Charlotte
T-1000 - Seth Rollins
And no BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK LESNEEERRRRRRRRR as some kind of super Terminator?

You had me until you had Charlotte anywhere near it, especially as Sarah Connors

jmdajr

Sarah Connor - Charlotte
T-1000 - Seth Rollins

I smiled

Fox318

Sarah Connor - Charlotte
T-1000 - Seth Rollins

The Terminator - Ryback
Sarah Connor - Sasha Banks
John Connor - Seth Rollins
Future John Connor - Ambrose
T-1000 - Sandow or Cody Rhodes (Who changes gimmicks each transformation)
Penitentiary Ward Guard - Miz
T-1000 pretending to be Penitentiary Ward Guard - Mizdow
John Connors friend - Roman Reigns
Biker at Bar - Triple H

Top Bottom