• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
severnnwa.gif

I have to disagree on the Bryan stuff. Dude got a clean PPV win defending the world title, and his only clean TV loss holding either of his last 2 belts was by countout to Sheamus. Definitely booked better than Seth

Let's see here...I like Eli Drake getting a thing resembling a push. And PJ Black is now the holder of the prestigious TNA Legends/Global/TV/King of the Mountain title - good for him.

Uh-huh, so if I'm reading the recap correctly, Cena's US title run has went from no new superstars winning feuds with him, to tapping out supposed main eventers on a random Monday Night Raw.

Boy this really has been a new era for Cena's impact on the company.

Bryan's title match with Kane was actually not bad as far as booking goes, the only bad part was Kane getting up right after. Everything else though in that feud was the worst. At least Rollins is supposed to be an inept heel.

PS please see a doctor Cena, and by doctor I mean real doctor, not hippie quack that says "you're cleared for royel jesus' rum bell, friend" and lets you butt heads after prescribing you meditate for a week because he's late for his conga party

PS please see a doctor Cena, and by doctor I mean real doctor, not hippie quack that says "you're cleared for royel jesus' rum bell, friend" and lets you butt heads after prescribing you meditate for a week because he's late for his conga party

You realize you're telling the Doctor of Thuganomics himself to go see a doctor, right..?

somedevil

Well Summerslam is looking like this is so far:

Brock vs Taker
Cena vs Rollins
Bray and Harper and maybe ? vs Sting, Reigns and maybe Ambrose
4 way tag match
Ryback vs Miz vs Big Show
Neville vs Stardust with Green Arrow
Some Diva match or matches
Some combination of Cesaro, Orton, Owens and Sheamus
Ziggler vs Rusev

Who knew the most invigorating thing to happen to Cena's career was a strongly booked title reign where he's the only person on the show to never eat a pin and his story line is given way more focus and attention than the current WWE champ.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who knew the most invigorating thing to happen to Cena's career was a strongly booked title reign where he's the only person on the show to never eat a pin and his story line is given way more focus and attention than the current WWE champ.

He ate a pin on PPV, check your hate at the door.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Uh-huh, so if I'm reading the recap correctly, Cena's US title run has went from no new superstars winning feuds with him, to tapping out supposed main eventers on a random Monday Night Raw.

Boy this really has been a new era for Cena's impact on the company.

Well, you know, they stop the Reigns push, make Tyler Black the WWE champion, make Jon Moxley the #1 contender, they move Cena to the U.S. Title and have him job to Kevin Steen in Steen's first match, have Cena put Neville and Cesaro as equals while having consistent 4 star matches on a weekly basis....and the ratings are at an all time low.

Maybe this entire "pandering to the hardcore fans" thing has been proven to be a terrible idea.

Though they could just look at ROH if they wanted to know that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No hate friend, current Cena is the most entertaining thing in the WWE. I did gloss over that PPV loss though, thank you for reminding me.

Love him or hate him, you gotta respect a universe that gives such strong feedback week in and week out.

Anyone gif Steph yet?

Shut up they don't really call him that, do they?

Yep. After he quit WWE, he had freedom to come up with whatever he wanted to do that wasn't trademarked Justin Gabriel.

"The Darewolf" PJ Black was what he came up with.

When you look at stuff like that and Jeff Hardy's Willow the Wisp, you realize maybe there should be people in charge of giving wrestlers character names or non-dumb character ideas

That's roughhhhhhhh

Yep. After he quit WWE, he had freedom to come up with whatever he wanted to do that wasn't trademarked Justin Gabriel.

"The Darewolf" PJ Black was what he came up with.

When you look at stuff like that and Jeff Hardy's Willow the Wisp, you realize maybe there should be people in charge of giving wrestlers character names or non-dumb character ideas

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to picking up old WWE talent.

What the hell is PJ suppose to stand for...peanut butter and jelly?

I just wanted you to know that I legit laughed really hard at this because of how terrible your joke was.

dream

Well, you know, they stop the Reigns push, make Tyler Black the WWE champion, make Jon Moxley the #1 contender, they move Cena to the U.S. Title and have him job to Kevin Steen in Steen's first match, have Cena put Neville and Cesaro as equals while having consistent 4 star matches on a weekly basis....and the ratings are at an all time low.

Maybe this entire "pandering to the hardcore fans" thing has been proven to be a terrible idea.

Though they could just look at ROH if they wanted to know that.

Hard to argue with any of this. But I want to point out that the common denominator that Black, Moxley, Steen, Neville, and Castagnoli share is that they all did stints in NXT. Because NXT is HHH's pet project, I think his ego makes him take Full Sail Fucknut reactions as gospel, pops that would directly translate to the wider audience. Your post astutely and succinctly points out that this is not the case, and I think the current ratings woes are directly attributed to WWE considering NXT fans to be tastemakers.

Top Bottom