• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time Undertaker wears some crazy new robe he just looks ridiculous and like my grandpa cosplaying. Yet when Mil Muertes wears a suit, it is terrifying.
tumblr_ns0eb1jqck1uc1g63o1_540.png

Teeth

It's sad that way that Rollins has been wrestling of late. The way his title run has gone is such a broken way to present Rollins the wrestler. Rollins is legit one of the top 3 athletic wrestlers in the company and since he got the title he's been kicking, running out of the ring, and missing with flying knees (except tonight, natch). It's so off-putting to see someone so talented reduced to such a shit moveset, only to watch him break out chain suplexes and 540s ATTANOWHERE when he used to do that type of thing on the regular.

So you take one of the best wrestlers and give him a cowardly heel character who is supposed to be a laughing stock because he's incompetent in the ring and can never do anything by himself, except in real life (and 10 months ago) he could wrestle circles around everyone but Cesaro.

It's like when they removed his curb stomp they lobotomized the part of his brain that could wrestle. Except it flashes to light in fits and starts where he'll perfectly land on his feet out of a finisher and pull some deft move, then it's back to ring rollouts and punches and chops.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With high-flown words Alberto reminds Myztezys about a backstage moment when apparently the former Sin Cara pulled out a gun and threatened El Patrón. Alberto on his tweets calls out Myzteziz and invites him to bring up his family and his friends because he will get this to the last consequences.

The tweets translation in the same order as the image:

@TheSinCaraWWE Don't be a pussy fucker, say the things to my face.

@TheSinCaraWWE I am going to fuck your shit up the next time I see you fucking no-baller.

@TheSinCaraWWE You better begin to get your gun out, because when I see you at Triplemania I am going to kick your fucking ass.

@TheSinCaraWWE Bring here all of Tepito if you want you fucking pussy because I will see you at Triplemania and I am going to bust the fuck out of you. (Tepito is where Myzteziz comes from and is a place in Mexico City known for the delictive acts there are commited in there as drug selling, DVD and clothes piracy, murders and having the worst of the people that lives in the mexican capital)

To everybody at Triplemania I will kick the ass of @TheSinCaraWWE

Nacho (Myztezis real name, short way to say Ignacio in México) you better call up your dad because I will fucking kick your ass, fucking no-talent pussy, you better prepare for the beating of your life.
attachment.php

Interesting article that takes a look at how developers tried to get real pro wrestlers into their video games by changing their names and likeness just enough to not get sued, including the Japanese roster on N64 games like Virtual Pro Wrestling, WCW/NWO: World Tour, and Revenge.

I didn't know who any of these guys were as a kid and too be honest, I still don't really know any Japanese wrestlers other than Shinsky, Okader, and Tanahashi.

Also, he talks about who AKI Man is actually based on and potentially underneath that mask.

M1MMMZG.jpg

Come to this thread to see what's up. Serious question, why all the Cena hate?
Cena always wins. Always. Allllllllways. Cena wins. It's the most predictable thing. The only times Cena loses--This is perhaps 1 or 2 matches in an entire year--Is to set up a longer storyline where Cena would win against the same person multiple times and look even stronger at the end (and OVERCOME THE ODDS that time, naturally). The man he beats it's instantly demoted to gimmick status and is quickly forgotten. Being put in a feud with Cena is the kiss of death to one's career.

Saying you hate Cena is like saying you hate Nickelback (and I'm sure I'm stealing this from somewhere). They're not truly horrible from an objective perspective and there are things that are far more offending, but they symbolize everything that's wrong with their industry and there's a gigantic corporate structure built up to support them. There are endless millions of dollars at work reminding you that you absolutely must love this thing and that you're strange if you ever question it.

We hate the idea of Cena. The character. The attitude. The lame merchandizing. Not the actual performer that is Cena. He's been awesome this year! His current story gimmick has let him wrestle a lot of other popular guys that would otherwise never get the showcase time. We are very thankful for this. The reason we're horrified at the idea of Cena having a main championship match is because the awesome thing we have with him right now would instantly end. Seeing his face get busted up is neat because it makes him look like a mortal person. Since his character is written as immortal these moments are few and far between.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just saw a kid complain about Hogan getting the Benoit-treatment on the Dutch WWE page. He can't be more than 11 or 12 years old.

When I was that age I was still emulating Jushin Liger's moves by jumping from my desk onto my bed.

The internet has ruined this generation, friends.

rrc1594

I just saw a kid complain about Hogan getting the Benoit-treatment on the Dutch WWE page. He can't be more than 11 or 12 years old.

When I was that age I was still emulating Jushin Liger's moves by jumping from my desk onto my bed.

If your 12 or 13 why are you fan of Hulk Hogan that's the real question

I was going to reply to this with a Zwarte Piet joke but then I reconsidered.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guys, I've got to tell you, the deal I have today is just...too sweet. We'll never offer an entire deal like this again. Dial us up now, you'll want to be on the line before you even hear what I have to order. When it's gone, it's G-O-N-E.

Today I'm offering another complete set. In this set you'll receive:

Big Sexy Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Hollywood Hulk Hogan

but that's not all. I'll also throw in NWO referee Nick Patrick, the man who changed the history of the greatest night in our sport.

but wait, that's not all. You'll also get

The Giant
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
NWO Sting
Vincent, worth the price of this package by himself, you're already making money
Miss Elizabeth
Eric Bischoff
Buff Bagwell
V.K. Wallstreet
Big Bubba Rodgers, the Big Bossman himself
Scott Flash Norton
Randy Macho Man Savage!
and wait just a minute, some imports to, are you sure these are in? Yep, we're throwing in
Masahiro Chono
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Konnan
Hiro Saito
The Great Muta
Tatsutoshi Goto
Michiyoshi Ohara
Big Titan
AKIRA
Satoshi Kojima

and get this

Curt Hennig, in perfect condition
Rick Rude!
Louie Spicolli
Dusty Rhodes
Brian Adams
The Disciple
Scott Steiner

but wait, I said a complete collection that means that:

Stevie Ray
Bret Hart, Yes that Bret Hart. WWF Champion Bret Hart.
Horace Hogan T-206 Horace Hogan.
Barry Windham

Still more? Another Sting? THE REAL ACTUAL STANG? NOT A REPRODUCTION?
Lex Luger? Another Kevin Nash/Scott Hall/Konan/Macho Man? Another Curt Hennig/Rick Rude/Dusty Rhodes?

Disco Inferno? A rare Rick Steiner? David Flair? Samantha? All included.

Jeff Jarrett? Ain't he great? Both Ron and Don Harris? Slick Johnson? Midajah? Pamela Paulshock? Major Gunns? Shakira? April Hunter? ALL IN THE BOX.

Call right now and we'll throw in, get this. Another Hogan/Scott Hall/Kevin Nash. and Shawn Michaels. and Booker T to unite the family.

All for...are you sure about this price? Nine Dollars Ninety Nine Cents. We've previously offered this deal at 54.99. Per Month! Vincent alone will cost you ten dollars. There are over a dozen world champions in this set!

Justice UK

Neo Member
Dunno if anyone can help me here? I'm in the UK and want to get Fire Pro Wrestling Returns it never got a release here. Is it available on PS3 download store?

Thanks

Really looking forward to Paige on the Stone Cold podcast. They don't all have to be huge, and she'll have good stories.

EDIT: Also, you know, 10 year vet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm so glad I'm on vacation this week. Staying up for this vidjagame news was amazing, but fuck I'd be useless at work.

Gonzalez

Banned

Difference being the guy getting superplexed isn't the guy doing the second one.
I believe the one at the top is how Davey spot is supposed to go, but in the Edwards match they threw the curveball with the counter. Either way both the one at the top, and the one at the bottom are stupid. Superplex spots are supposed to do damage to both the person taking it, and the person executing it.

Striker

Caught a few minutes last night, and it felt like the scramble between Lana and Summer Rae was getting a far bigger reaction than any point of the match with Paige-Sasha. Call it what you want, but it was dull and uneventful. It got plenty of time. At least it shows they're willingly giving them a chance
™

kiguel182

Super Cena aside what a great Raw episode. Cool matches and nice segments. Pretty good episode I think. The only segment that left me cold was probably Wyatt, I just can't listen to him anymore.

Also, New Day are a treasure right now. Big E dancing and Kofi's fake evil smile were just perfect. I'm glad they turned heel and are now doing the best with the crappy gimmick they were given. Just gold every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I've got to tell you, the deal I have today is just...too sweet. We'll never offer an entire deal like this again. Dial us up now, you'll want to be on the line before you even hear what I have to order. When it's gone, it's G-O-N-E.

Today I'm offering another complete set. In this set you'll receive:

Big Sexy Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Hollywood Hulk Hogan

but that's not all. I'll also throw in NWO referee Nick Patrick, the man who changed the history of the greatest night in our sport.

but wait, that's not all. You'll also get

The Giant
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
NWO Sting
Vincent, worth the price of this package by himself, you're already making money
Miss Elizabeth
Eric Bischoff
Buff Bagwell
V.K. Wallstreet
Big Bubba Rodgers, the Big Bossman himself
Scott Flash Norton
Randy Macho Man Savage!
and wait just a minute, some imports to, are you sure these are in? Yep, we're throwing in
Masahiro Chono
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Konnan
Hiro Saito
The Great Muta
Tatsutoshi Goto
Michiyoshi Ohara
Big Titan
AKIRA
Satoshi Kojima

and get this

Curt Hennig, in perfect condition
Rick Rude!
Louie Spicolli
Dusty Rhodes
Brian Adams
The Disciple
Scott Steiner

but wait, I said a complete collection that means that:

Stevie Ray
Bret Hart, Yes that Bret Hart. WWF Champion Bret Hart.
Horace Hogan T-206 Horace Hogan.
Barry Windham

Still more? Another Sting? THE REAL ACTUAL STANG? NOT A REPRODUCTION?
Lex Luger? Another Kevin Nash/Scott Hall/Konan/Macho Man? Another Curt Hennig/Rick Rude/Dusty Rhodes?

Disco Inferno? A rare Rick Steiner? David Flair? Samantha? All included.

Jeff Jarrett? Ain't he great? Both Ron and Don Harris? Slick Johnson? Midajah? Pamela Paulshock? Major Gunns? Shakira? April Hunter? ALL IN THE BOX.

Call right now and we'll throw in, get this. Another Hogan/Scott Hall/Kevin Nash. and Shawn Michaels. and Booker T to unite the family.

All for...are you sure about this price? Nine Dollars Ninety Nine Cents. We've previously offered this deal at 54.99. Per Month! Vincent alone will cost you ten dollars. There are over a dozen world champions in this set!
This is very good.

Kaladin

"As you can see on television tonight, John suffered from a nasal fraction. He's got quite a bit of displacement, so we sent him over to the local emergency room so he can be evaluated by the ears, nose and throat doctor who's on call tonight and see what can be done to properly repair it."

Your nose has two bones at the bridge of your nose and a long piece of cartilage (flexible but strong tissue) that gives your nose its shape.

A nasal fracture occurs when the bony part of your nose has been broken. Most broken noses are caused by trauma such as sport injuries, car accidents, or fistfights.

If your nose is crooked from the injury you may need a reduction in order to put the bones back in place. If the break is easy to fix, a reduction can be done in the doctor's office. If the break is more severe, you may need surgery to fix it.

You may have a hard time breathing through your nose because the bones may be out of place or there is a lot of swelling.

This might not keep Cena out of Summerslam, but it will keep him out of the ring leading up to it.

Top Bottom