• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Here's the G1 schedule;

beMgy45.png

Can someone remind me how the cards for G1 shows are laid out?

For some reason I was under the impression that only guys from either Block A or Block B would be having matches at each show but looking at the card for the show I was at last year there were 10 matches. I'm guessing guys from both blocks were at that show. My memory is God awful.

They've changed the schedule about a bit to try and lessen the number of injuries, so there's more shows on the tour but less G1 block matches per show. And yeah, this year each show will have either Block A or Block B matches. Last year there were indeed about 10 G1 matches per-show, this time it's only 4-5 block matches with random tags & young lion stuff thrown in. You can check out the complete cards here;

phoenixplexreview.joystickrepublic.com/complete-g1-climax-cards/

Nisa65

They've changed the schedule about a bit to try and lessen the number of injuries, so there's more shows on the tour but less G1 block matches per show. And yeah, this year each show will have either Block A or Block B matches. Last year there were indeed about 10 G1 matches per-show, this time it's only 4-5 block matches with random tags & young lion stuff thrown in. You can check out the complete cards here;

phoenixplexreview.joystickrepublic.com/complete-g1-climax-cards/

Cheers for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

Jamie OD

That's a lot of wrestling for only 999 Yen.

Absolute bargain compared to how much it cost the last two years. To be honest I'm not expecting this year's tournament to be better than the last two but it will still be an amazing series to watch.

Cell saga is great.

I can't wait to see how DBZ Abridged covers the Cell Games. Should be their next episode or the one after I think.

A pretty talented young wrestler who'd probably doing a lot better by now if he wasn't under a fucking ant mask.

Brandon & Danielle have had it out for Voices of Wrestling for ages now after one of the hosts said something vaguely misogynistic about women's wrestling a few years back (he's not a fan), in spite of the fact that VOW covers women's wrestling more than Stroud's site does.

They're both goddamn idiots. Nobody would've even known about this shit if they hadn't started that subtweet bullshit.

Silver Ant will be fine, but they didn't help him with this shit at all.

I dunno, if someone's trying to keep their private life private, it's a dick move to expose that.

So real talk, Silver was in my same training class. I've known him for almost a decade.

You can probably make an argument that VOW fucked up, but Stroud and Danielle took that error and shined a light on it that it absolutely did not need.

They're both goddamn idiots. Nobody would've even known about this shit if they hadn't started that subtweet bullshit.

Silver Ant will be fine, but they didn't help him with this shit at all.

So real talk, Silver was in my same training class. I've known him for almost a decade.

You can probably make an argument that VOW fucked up, but Stroud and Danielle took that error and shined a light on it that it absolutely did not need.

I hadn't caught up with the drama, yeah form the sounds of it S&D are the ones being shitty.

Jamie OD

Stroud's normally an ok guy and he was involved with The Dugout so I can't hate him. But things like this and certain aspects of women's wrestling make him dig himself into unnecessary holes for some reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Austin's never wrestling again, deal with it.

G1 schedule confirms Nak winning. Which is a shame, I like a more nebulous decision, but that day before the finals...

G1 matches I am HIGHLY looking forward to:

Tanahashi/Ibushi
Shibata/Styles
Okada/Elgin (more as a curiosity, I don't expect too much from it)
Nagata/Honma
Yano/Styles
Makabe/Fale
Honma/Okada
Ibushi/Styles
Nagata/Yujiro (Grump factor)
Naito/Styles

yknow what fuck this, I'm interested in pretty much everything, to be honest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care who's on the cover, but the best way to get sales is with Austin.

Something apt about Austin digging up the old belt!

From a purely selfish standpoint I'm disappointed they haven't ditched the old formats yet, but then I guess there's still a lot of sales to be had from those. Also, I may as well come clean; every year I say I'm not buying it and then eventually do at some point so...

I'm going to buy this, and probably double dip on PC too. #middlefinger

Entropia

No One Remembers
I thought they were going to reveal it on RAW? :lol

They still probably will waste 10-15 minutes doing a reveal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two Noble Truths:

1. Austin will never wrestle again
2. Kurt Angle will never wrestle in WWE ever again

Guys, I did a 'budget breakdown' because baby and I realised I'm spending £36 a month on wrestling VODs. I can only imagine how much Bootaaay is spending!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I did a 'budget breakdown' because baby and I realised I'm spending £36 a month on wrestling VODs. I can only imagine how much Bootaaay is spending!

A baby is going to break you, but you'll be happy. Enjoy the money sink. I hear they give back weird things like feelings of love, I hear it's a good exchange.

I'm on £18.56, plus the occasional download/DVD purchase for SHIMMER/PWG/Rev Pro etc.

While I'm on the topic, fucks sake SHIMMER need to sort their production out. Nicole Matthews has been champion since October, and the DVD of that ISN'T EVEN UP FOR PREORDER YET, and the last SHIMMER show I pre-ordered has been up since April and still not shipped. Fucks sake, get a Vimeo account

DMczaf

To be fair, the trailer is pretty dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoo4BHcPMb0

Besides, cover is purely marketing, the current fans will buy regardless, it's the console people that don't watch anymore they're trying to catch.

Also also, Devitt on the cover wouldn't make it a good game.

It's hilarious to me that WWE2K games always have better promo trailers than WWE themselves.

Remember Sting's WWE2K reveal vs Sting's actual WWE reveal?

Browny

Banned
LTTP but congrats Mr (& Mrs) Luchador! Babies are good fun - but you gotta start building that core strength; lots of carrying and squatting coming up for you!!

And Bootaaay clearly has the ability to make money appear from nowhere when it comes to his habit:

f_e2lb.gif

Sephzilla

Two Noble Truths:

1. Austin will never wrestle again
2. Kurt Angle will never wrestle in WWE ever again
I think Austin will have one more match but I don't think it will be against someone like Lesnar. He just can't take the abuse that Lesnar's moveset requires he take. Austin should and would come back to fight someone like HHH or Cena.

Thanks everyone who wished us well, it still hasn't sunk in yet! I will promise not to become one of those Facebook Friends that suddenly stops being normal and only spams updates on their child!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks everyone who wished us well, it still hasn't sunk in yet! I will promise not to become one of those Facebook Friends that suddenly stops being normal and only spams updates on their child!!

I know you mean well, but...

OpskWsa.gif

Top Bottom