• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

tumblr_nqw4phIJoE1tklffto1_1280.png

Someone tell me this tweet is real.

heart.jpg

RP912

Banned
Witcher 1 soiled my interest for the entire series. I know Witcher 2 is suppose to be easy on the boredom, but somehow I just don't see myself going back to the series.

Buyer remorse man :(

Witcher 1 did the same to me, I'm only playing 2 as a friend ensured me it was better. For the most parts they were right, but this boss fight is horrible.

jmdajr

I was surprised how good Tomb Raider 2013 was based on how poor the franchise had been for awhile. I am not sure how this pulled this off. (just finished the game)

Sure it steals a lot from Uncharted but whatevs since Uncharted stole from Tomb. But anyhow.

Too bad it's not coming to PS4 simultaneously. The new one.

RP912

Banned
Witcher 1 did the same to me, I'm only playing 2 as a friend ensured me it was better. For the most parts they were right, but this boss fight is horrible.

Screw it, I'll download it again just for the hell of it. I need to get off of this racing kick and finish my RPG backlog.

I was surprised how good Tomb Raider 2013 was. based on how poor Tom raider had been for ahilw I am not sure how this pulled this off.

Sure it steals a lot from uncharted but whatevs, since Uncharted stole from Tomb. But anyhow.

Tomb Raider 2013 surprised the hell out of me as well. My friends kept telling me that the game was legit. So I got it for sale and was blown away of how amazing the game was...

Looking forward to the new one, even though it'll be a while before it hits PC :(.

Screw it, I'll download it again just for the hell of it. I need to get off of this racing kick and finish my RPG backlog.

Put it on Easy, as the combat is still a bit iffy. Story seems decent enough, and it's a little more free-form (a little). There are QTE, however.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised how good Tomb Raider 2013 was based on how poor the franchise had been for awhile. I am not sure how this pulled this off. (just finished the game)

Sure it steals a lot from Uncharted but whatevs since Uncharted stole from Tomb. But anyhow.

Better than Uncharted's sociopath simulator. Uncharted's shooting has always been an afterthought and it always felt like it. At least Lara had a legit reason to be killing dudes, and not a human killing machine like Shitty Ass Nathaniel Drake, the fuckin moron.

Fuck Uncharted and its fans. Poor contender.

Toki767

Better than Uncharted's sociopath simulator. Uncharted's shooting has always been an afterthought and it always felt like it. At least Lara had a legit reason to be killing dudes, and not a human killing machine like Shitty Ass Nathaniel Drake, the fuckin moron.

Lara went from innocent girl to cold blooded killer in 10 hours. At least you could assume Nathan was always a killer by the time Uncharted 1 started.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lara went from innocent girl to cold blooded killer in 10 hours. At least you could assume Nathan was always a killer by the time Uncharted 1 started.

You do shit to avoid being killed. I think it did a fine job, and wasn't so "kill these poor security contractors. why? so you can find treasure, a most noble goal!"

Survival vs possible riches.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm one of those people who never got into Uncharted. It lost me when the undead voodoo creature things appeared.

I was already into Indy mode at that point, so the supernatural stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest. Love those games, got 2, 3 and the Vita game Platinum even.

Looking forward to the remakes!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If you guys are going to start shitting on Uncharted, we're going to have some fucking problems. There's a god damn line to be crossed and your foot is getting close.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys are going to start shitting on Uncharted, we're going to have some fucking problems. There's a god damn line to be crossed and your foot is getting close.

It's not terrible, it's just not great. Very vanilla games. The first one was the only one that showed any real gumption, the sequels, especially 3, were all about wowing the audience with graphics. I need more out of a game than that.

jmdajr

Speaking of things you thought would be bad but turned out liking a lot.

Jurassic World.

I just found myself really enjoying this movie.

I care not, if you need to get all fanboy to protect your game then that suggests to me you're insecure about it!
I suffered from the 'This game is too hyped' feel when I played it, and really think it's so beloved as at the time it was one of the few 'good' games the PS3 had. To me it was like the COD of Tomb Raider games - enemy waves and cinematic set pieces.

jmdajr

Nothing wrong with COD. Story mode is enjoyable. At least to me.

Don't touch multilayer mode.

Speaking of, I don't know why Uncharted and Tomb have them. Waste of resources.

Uncharted is better than OG Tomb Raider, and clearly inspired the reboot.

That being said, Nate does kill a fuuuckload of people. But that's just shooter stuff. It's basically Indy the game.

jred2k

Nothing wrong with COD. Story mode is enjoyable. At least to me.

Don't touch multilayer mode.

Speaking of, I don't know why Uncharted and Tomb have them. Waste of resources.

The Uncharted multiplayer modes were actually pretty fun. They obviously didn't have the biggest player bases, but they had a pretty consistent and dedicated following.

RP912

Banned
Put it on Easy, as the combat is still a bit iffy. Story seems decent enough, and it's a little more free-form (a little). There are QTE, however.

I don't mind the QTE, as long as it is not overkill.

On another note...seen the 2k16 trailer. It would make sense if 2k16 story mode was based on the career of Steve Austin. Sort of like MJ's career on 2k11. I know WWE will potentially fuck up the story mode with useless bullshit like last year's rivalry mode, but I hope they can consider the money being thrown if they do a Austin story mode.

jmdajr

Uncharted is better than OG Tomb Raider, and clearly inspired the reboot.

That being said, Nate does kill a fuuuckload of people. But that's just shooter stuff. It's basically Indy the game.

Treasure hunting is serious business man! Don't bother me any. We been killing things in videogames forever. Just roll with it.

WcAsIuY.jpg

RP912

Banned
Am I insane if I say that Uncharted 1 is the best out of the series? I hated 2 and really didn't care for 3, but 1 felt like a pure adventure until the end :/.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Am I insane if I say that Uncharted 1 is the best out of the series. I hated 2 and really didn't care for 3, but 1 felt like a pure adventure until the end :/.

Uncharted 1 has the best campaign, I've been waging that war on gaming side for years now. I like how people have retroactively decided that game was mediocre.

Cagey

Banned
By the time Uncharted 1 introduced the undead, I had grown tired of the cover-shoot mechanics that previously turned me off from Gears of War and similar games and the characters, so I never finished the first or play the next two.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
it wasn't a hard decision to make. jet skis with bombs, zombies, and bullet sponges at their absolute worst

The jet ski is the only problem, that thing controlled like ass. Otherwise, most complaints boil down to the game being a shooter and people wishing it wasn't.

By the time Uncharted 1 introduced the undead, I had grown tired of the cover-shoot mechanics that previously turned me off from Gears of War and similar games and the characters, so I never finished the first or play the next two.

Case in point.

RP912

Banned
Uncharted 1 has the best campaign, I've been waging that war on gaming side for years now. I like how people have retroactively decided that game was mediocre.

Indeed. I remember telling my friends that Uncharted 1>>>>2 during the time 2 came out. They thought I was crazy because I didn't enjoy the action and explosions. UC 2 felt like the worst kind of Michael Bay movie and Drake was a psychopathic killer. Dude didn't give a fuck about life whats so ever, while on UC 1, he had a bit of humanity.

UC3 was just a plain mess and a half. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Cagey

Banned
The jet ski is the only problem, that thing controlled like ass. Otherwise, most complaints boil down to the game being a shooter and people wishing it wasn't.

Case in point.

Agreed. I had some fun exploring the game but when it became a shooter with exploration elements instead of the reverse, I found myself wishing it weren't.

What is wrong with uncharted's shooting? Besides the problem with the third game prepatch it was always responsive and smooth so the games are on par with each other in that category. Uncharted's AI mops the floor with tomb raider, they make the worst attempts at cover and piss poor attempt to flank you. Drake might be a heartless stone cold killer but I despised how big of a deal Lara made her first kill then kills a thousand more people no problem. I won't say fuck tomb raider and it's fans since that's dumb as shit but the tomb raider series is off to a great new start and have high hopes for the next game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure UC 1 is the one where the 'human' Nathan Drake murders all of the villains goons with a turret on a truck

jmdajr

What is wrong with uncharted's shooting? Besides the problem with the third game prepatch it was always responsive and smooth so the games are on par with each other in that category. Uncharted's AI mops the floor with tomb raider, they make the worst attempts at cover and piss poor attempt to flank you. Drake might be a heartless stone cold killer but I despised how big of a deal Lara made her first kill then kills a thousand more people no problem. I won't say fuck tomb raider and it's fans since that's dumb as shit but the tomb raider series is off to a great new start and have high hopes for the next game.

The shooting is fine. Don't bother me any. I don't play any shooter games competitively though.

Oh, and Gears 1 is Godlike. There are not too many games that come out and make you go.."Holy Fucking Shit, how is this even possible!" It really was a big fucking deal when it came out. And it still holds up.

Top Bottom