• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stopping the show because of someone's death? What kind of Vince McMahon are you?

Well, you know, I've always had sort of a...we had an old school way of doing things. We'd sit out there by the pool and we'd talk, you know, and uh, once...once Dusty was coming around the pool and he had a bad idea. Well, in THOSE days, you said a bad idea--you'd get tossed in the pool. And I can't remember what it was, but it was something and it was just...the worst idea I'd ever heard, and here comes Dusty, in a three piece suit, penis flopping around, and I pushed him into the pool. Now, for my money, there's nothing more...gratifying. Than pushing someone into a pool who didn't expect to get in there, and get wet. It was like slow motion, hah, his curly hair aflutter, eyes BULGING out of his head, mackerel spotted penis brightly reflected in the water below for that split second before, and then SPLASH, he was completely wet. That's just the best thing.

Heel

Sasso fucked around and worked himself into a shoot when he brought up Hershey the Wonderdog.

Does he really work this awful impression for an hour and a half? God damn.

jred2k

Sasso must have been at a loss for material. I guess his one bit, throwing up a lemon, is a hard thing to translate to radio.

For those who don't want to listen:

via PWInsider

Roddy Piper has left the Podcast One platform and gone out on his own posting his show on Sound Cloud and other platforms.

The WWE Hall of Famer says in an episode entitled "Stone Cold" that Steve Austin got him taken off the service after his now-final show on Podcast One.

In that episode, which is played in its entirety on his latest show, Piper had comedian Will Sasso impersonating Steve Austin. Piper asked Sasso (who was answering satirically as Austin) why he no-showed WrestleMania 31 and also asked why Austin quit so many times. It was clearly satire, but Piper asserts that Austin didn't appeciate it and thus got Piper fired from Podcast One.

Piper said that the episode was up for six hours before being taken down by the service.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin should have Sasso on his podcast next week, "Hey Piper, why'd you refuse to put over Bad News Brown for being black?"

Aiii

So not worth it

via PWInsider

Roddy Piper has left the Podcast One platform and gone out on his own posting his show on Sound Cloud and other platforms.

The WWE Hall of Famer says in an episode entitled "Stone Cold" that Steve Austin got him taken off the service after his now-final show on Podcast One.

In that episode, which is played in its entirety on his latest show, Piper had comedian Will Sasso impersonating Steve Austin. Piper asked Sasso (who was answering satirically as Austin) why he no-showed WrestleMania 31 and also asked why Austin quit so many times. It was clearly satire, but Piper asserts that Austin didn't appeciate it and thus got Piper fired from Podcast One.

Piper said that the episode was up for six hours before being taken down by the service.
"Satire"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

via PWInsider

That's pretty...stupid. And dumb. I don't know why he thought that'd be a good idea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Austin's podcast is great. Nobody fucks with Hershey the Wonderdog.

Lemme tell you something I've learned since having a dog.

Insulting someone's dog is pretty fucking shitty, and I'll legit come after someone talking shit about my dog. Dogs are perfect, wonderful beings and deserve all the love and respect in the world. There's nothing - NOTHING on this planet that can replace a dog. They truly are EVERYONE'S best friend, and cannot be replaced. Ever.

Fuck y'all *sniff* I love dogs

RP912

Banned
I tried listening to the Austin podcast and it didn't click with me. Wrestling podcasts that features wrestlers are overbloated with ads and spyware to the point the damn show is like a Nascar livery.

That being said...I miss Cornette Corner :(

Some people are saying Austin was falsely advertised for the show and that was his problem with it, not the Sasso impersonation. The questions obviously didn't help.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dogs bite me, cats are sweet creatures that cuddle and purr. Clearly cats are the superior animal.

jmdajr

I tried listening to the Austin podcast and it didn't click with me. Wrestling podcasts that features wrestlers are overbloated with ads and spyware to the point the damn show is like a Nascar livery.

That being said...I miss Cornette Corner :(
Austin is just trying to make an honest living brother, without embarassing himself in the ring past his prime.

Yeah ads suck but he at least tries to make it fun. I think he's awesome.

Fox318

I've been attacked by dogs before. Cop came by and almost shot the dog before the owner came out to get the dog.

But honestly its all on breeding and the owner's treatment of the dog.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dogs don't bite good people.

I object. I was 3 and the fucker bit me 37 times while my brother and I were walking down the street.

Been bitten three times since then by dogs randomly walking by. Don't know what I ever did to the fuckers, but it is clear they have it in for me.

RP912

Banned
Dogs bite me, cats are sweet creatures that cuddle and purr. Clearly cats are the superior animal.

I have a phobia of dogs...but love pugs and rat looking ones.

That being said...

Cats>>>Dogs

Austin is just trying to make an honest living brother, without embarassing himself in the ring past his prime.

Yeah ads suck but he at least tries to make it fun. I think he's awesome.

Touche'...it could be worse. It could be JR's podcast where every time he breathes, a ad comes up.

Lemme tell you something I've learned since having a dog.

Insulting someone's dog is pretty fucking shitty, and I'll legit come after someone talking shit about my dog. Dogs are perfect, wonderful beings and deserve all the love and respect in the world. There's nothing - NOTHING on this planet that can replace a dog. They truly are EVERYONE'S best friend, and cannot be replaced. Ever.

Fuck y'all *sniff* I love dogs

'Fraid not, Vince.

klonere

Banned
Has everybody forgotten that you can skip past ads in this era of the smartphone and the podcasts and such technologies.

RP912

Banned
We need more wrestling angles involving cats and dogs

the-miz-grumpy-cat.png

Should have been a feud

If you were tasked with coming up with an OT thread title for the Piper-Austin news that had to satisfy the following criteria:

- Quickly and clearly summarize the event so that everyone, non-fans and fans alike, can understand it.

- Be clever, funny, and witty.

- Draw big time views and post numbers.

What would your title be?

Has everybody forgotten that you can skip past ads in this era of the smartphone and the podcasts and such technologies.

Doesn't work so easy. I stopped listening to JR's because he integrates them into the body of the podcast. If it was an obvious break like how they sometimes use actual produced commercials I can skip them, but when it's RAW talk into home security into Kimbo talk into car parts into Selling talk into live Burger King improv I'm done.

If you were tasked with coming up with an OT thread title for the Piper-Austin news that had to satisfy the following criteria:

- Quickly and clearly summarize the event so that everyone, non-fans and fans alike, can understand it.

- Be clever, funny, and witty.

- Draw big time views and post numbers.

What would your title be?

Stone Cold Steve Austin got Roddy Piper fired from Podcast One Network for making fun of his dog

Make a really long one and Preview Post. Wouldn't it tell you there?
I'm on mobile right now so I can't craft an OP that lives up to my high standards of quality.

My rough 1st draft entry:

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper made fun of Stone Cold's dog on his podcast, what happened next will stun you

Top Bottom