• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Glacier is mere weeks away from debuting on WCW now! I'm getting excited guys.

Also, this is the Nitro before Bash at the Beach 1996... WHO IS THE THIRD MAN?!

The Disco Inferno is going to dance! BEST NITRO EVER!

...Awww, Kurasawa interupted him so he couldn't dance... :(

Wait...what?

yg53Lep.jpg

OK then.

svr 2007 had some crazy ass storylines, like candice michelle turning you into a diva and you almost get plowed by viscera, or a super uncomfortable Taker/Benoit feud in benoit's last wwe game.

One of my favorites is when Trish Stratus exploited a loophole that allowed her to win the WWE Championship, and held on to it by making everyone feel super sexist whenever they brought it up.

jmdajr

I remember really enjoying Here Comes the Pain's storymode.

Plus I think text works better than voiceover.

Man the voice over work is fucking awful. I don't know what is. It's not like that on TV. I guess you lose something in the studio.

It's like when everyone says the Star Wars prequels have terrible fucking acting because of all the god damn green screen. Can't get into the role.

I remember really enjoying Here Comes the Pain's storymode.

Plus I think text works better than voiceover.

I remember playing the SYM story mode, and getting KO'd by Regal after talking smack to him backstage. Good times. HCTP didn't have the free-roaming backstage stuff, but it was still great.

zychi

Banned
I wish 2k would spend more time making a better game instead of a trailer for a cover to a game.

Cool that SCSA is on the cover tho. Hopefully the storylines are all about his career this time

Fox318

Man the voice over work is fucking awful. I don't know what is. It's not like that on TV. I guess you lose something in the studio.

It's like when everyone says the Star Wars prequels have terrible fucking acting because of all the god damn green screen. Can't get into the role.

its like scripting wrestlers almost never works....

Remember in one of John Cena's RTWMs MVP was so tired of bing better than everyone that he teamed up with Regal and Umaga and formed his own country called "Better-Than-Utopia," and then they brought it back a few games later?

Fox318

I wish 2k would spend more time making a better game instead of a trailer for a cover to a game.

Cool that SCSA is on the cover tho. Hopefully the storylines are all about his career this time

JR and King did some recording work.

Although I hope they have some Vince on commentary for pre-screwjob stuff.

Heel

I hope the career mode is an open world adventure game set on the Broken Skull Ranch, in which Stone Cold prepares the Skull Buster for competition, fixes the water pressure and temperature in his on-set RV so he can take a decent shower, and finds Squatch to film an episode of The Steve Austin Show - Unleashed!, proving his existence to non-believers.

An thasa straight up shoot.

WWE games are a treasure trove of nonsense.

Teddy Long getting run over in the most unintentionally entertaining fashion, going on a souls collectathon for Kane only for him to swerve you and use their power to mask it up like it's 1997 and the entire premise for WM19 Revenge Mode.

Being reminded of the Eddie/Taker coincidence I swear the following year had some Benoit plot that ended up being creepily coincidental to his demise.

WWE games are a treasure trove of nonsense.

Teddy Long getting run over in the most unintentionally entertaining fashion, going on a souls collectathon for Kane only for him to swerve you and use their power to mask it up like it's 1997 and the entire premise for WM19 Revenge Mode.

Being reminded of the Eddie/Taker coincidence I swear the following year had some Benoit plot that ended up being creepily coincidental to his demise.

Teddy getting run down, oh god

You're right. The next year, Taker told Benoit he would only have his family to blame for the tragedy that's coming

So Roddy Piper is shootin' and says that Austin got salty over some Sasso impressions and got Roddy and his podcast fired from Podcast One.

Fox318

that's neat. but I meant the actual wrestling and gameplay.

honestly I'm sure the commentary will be tame anyway.

They are basicly trying to ride off the fumes of what made austin a rebel and edgy in a time period where they are PG and their top baby face's promo leading into the royal rumble is him telling nursery rhymes.

Might as well just bring back occupation gimmicks like garbage men, hockey players, and Canadian Mounties.

MC Safety

I liked the WWE games with the general manager mode. You could build a roster for each show and then determine the matches.

Do they still have that?

I liked the WWE games with the general manager mode. You could build a roster for each show and then determine the matches.

Do they still have that?

They had it from 06 to 08, but in 08 they replaced it with "24/7 mode" where you play out a sim of a wrestler's life (which sucked ass and only lasted one game)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There will be no GWF tonight due to post-Raw having a new Dusty remembrance tribute on the Network. I'm stayin' up to watch that, and you should too.

Fox318

There will be no GWF tonight due to post-Raw having a new Dusty remembrance tribute on the Network. I'm stayin' up to watch that, and you should too.

I hope they show non-black and white clips of starcade 85 and such.

I mean hell Dusty's face being bloody had to have been on every wrestling magazine at some point.

I really hope they can find a way to rename the performace center after Dusty.

Not like the Warrior award where they tried to use both his and even Conner's death for good PR. (If even half of the Justin Roberts blog is true then is pretty sad) But something to speak for how many lives he changed.

Top Bottom