• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
CJVhgGaWgAEZvEY.jpg

somedevil

Here is some news on why Magnus left TNA:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-and-when-he-decided-to/#.VZwwWO7X6K0.twitter

Basically he decided to leave a year ago. Plus he was one of the higher paid workers and he was told basically that they couldn't do that same deal again.

So it seems TNA can't do long term deals where you get paid for not doing tapings. It just seems TNA is going to become a company where you are just paid for tapings and no more. I wonder how much Jeff Hardy is bringing them down with his contract.

klonere

Banned
So is Tyson Kidd 95% not coming back in any capacity? He's got Edge/Austin neck type problems that mean any bad bump = paralysis or death right?

kiguel182

So is Tyson Kidd 95% not coming back in any capacity? He's got Edge/Austin neck type problems that mean any bad bump = paralysis or death right?

I'm assuming yeah, he is not coming back.

If he had 5 per cent changes of even surviving the surgery I don't think wrestling again is in the cards.

Austin came back from his neck problems at first. Best case is 12 - 15 months of rehab and then he could probably only work for a couple of years. It made sense for Austin given how much money he was making. Probably not for Tyson Kidd though.

jred2k

If Tyson were smart he wouldn't come back as a wrestler. He could be a fantastic manager though.

It really sucks for him. The past year or year-and-a-half has been the standout part of his career and he was just starting to get some success as a part of the main roster.

I really hope his career isn't done, but he will make a fantastic trainer at NXT when he does eventually retire.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For what its worth, I never thought Tyson Kidd was even close to good. Dude's rotating tag-team champion at best, straight up jobber at worst.

It sucks for him though and I'm sure Samoa Joe will probably never hear the end of rumblings that he's unsafe and almost killed a guy. I mean, he's already hearing this from Bret Hart.

kiguel182

For what its worth, I never thought Tyson Kidd was even close to good. Dude's rotating tag-team champion at best, straight up jobber at worst.

It sucks for him though and I'm sure Samoa Joe will probably never hear the end of rumblings that he's unsafe and almost killed a guy.

Did you watch his NXT work?

Some really good stuff. He had tons of potential when given the freedom and a good character.

Sephzilla

I was never a big Tyson Kidd fan until his NXT run when he showed he could actually be good on a mic and put on some good matches. He would have been a fantastic mid-card solo talent.

Zach

You know what's awesome? Tassels on wrasslin' boots. There should be more of that. Like Warrior/Bulldog. Don't come at me with that Tyler Breeze trash.

Kidd will continue to be in the best current wrestling feud verse Natalya, but now he can ape some of Bryan's deadbeat husband gimmick as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't imagine that behind the scenes they just looked at it and said "well shit happens" and then let it go the way they implied in their press releases. There absolutely had to be a huge investigation over what happened there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's awesome? Tassels on wrasslin' boots. There should be more of that. Like Warrior/Bulldog. Don't come at me with that Tyler Breeze trash.

Best tassel game?

Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich. That's my pick for the Best Tassels.

Just started the Dusty special

Hayes: "everyone else got a superlative adjective and I didn't"

King: "Well I said you were to my far right"

qWrSTEx.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just started the Dusty special

Hayes: "everyone else got a superlative adjective and I didn't"

King: "Well I said you were to my far right"

The hits keep comin' on ol BS Hayes. He doesn't really belong in this. King also sounds INCREDIBLY manufactured and corporate, which is a shame. Everything else is fuckin gold though. Just god damn gold. Loved the special.

The hits keep comin' on ol BS Hayes. He doesn't really belong in this. King also sounds INCREDIBLY manufactured and corporate, which is a shame. Everything else is fuckin gold though. Just god damn gold. Loved the special.

I really hope that was an intentional King slam, not an accidental one

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gah dang, I should watch the Dusty special tonight.

It's pretty great. You can't lose with Flair, JJ Dillon, and Arn. It's nothing earth-shattering, and it's over too soon (they needed 2 hours) but it was great, and reminded me that I'd give a lot of months of subscriptions to get more Legends of Wrestling Roundtables made.

Aiii

So not worth it

I tend to get annoyed with Flair on panels like these. Guy can't let other people speak, constantly interrupting and hijacking their stories. Shame really, I love the stories, but at least let the others get their shit in.

Though my mom tends to do this a lot too, so it might be that it bothers me more then most people.

Zach

It's pretty great. You can't lose with Flair, JJ Dillon, and Arn. It's nothing earth-shattering, and it's over too soon (they needed 2 hours) but it was great, and reminded me that I'd give a lot of months of subscriptions to get more Legends of Wrestling Roundtables made.

They're really great. Even when Michael Hayes is involved. He's just the family member you roll your eyes at.

I tend to get annoyed with Flair on panels like these. Guy can't let other people speak, constantly interrupting and hijacking their stories. Shame really, I love the stories, but at least let the others get their shit in.

Though my mom tends to do this a lot too, so it might be that it bothers me more then most people.

I understand where you're coming from, but dude's just so excited! I think he's a net positive.

:O

I'd love to see a transcript. I was 11 years old. Never a fan of Hogan but I still felt betrayed. :D

It went something like this

CoolJoe85: OMG, OMG, OMG
The four horsemen: No f*k way. this is the best night ever in wrestling
Good looking dude: Holy Sh*t I cant believe what I am watching.
Spam76:Holy Sh*it What the hell is happening!
BobbyH: But who's side is he on lol. NWO for life!!
Milli Vannilli is god: The new world order, I am so down. Hogan is the GOAT man the GOAT
Ms. Elizabeth: NWO oh my god New world Organization. Look at the ring holy shit this is the best thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Zach

Milli Vannilli is god: The new world order, I am so down. Hogan is the GOAT man the GOAT
Ms. Elizabeth: NWO oh my god New world Order. Look at the ring holy shit this is the best thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

I think you mean "NWO oh my god New World Organization."

I'm not sure because of the terrible quality, but I think I love his seemingly adorable look.

Aiii

So not worth it
Because you hate your mom?

No, because I hate that she always tells news and stories about me to other people, either before I can tell them myself or despite me not even wanting these particular people to know whatever the fuck it is.

Even worse is that I'll begin to say something and she'll interrupt and take over mid-sentence.

Or that I will ask my godchild a question and she will answer for them. Speaking of, when my brother and his wife had the kid, my mom told me about the pregnancy two hours before they were coming over to tell me, so I had to act all surprised when they actually told me. That wasn't her news to tell.

I love my mom as much as anyone can love theirs, but nobody is without flaws and this has been hers for my entire life.

Has Cesaro learned to cut a promo yet? #FourRopes

Well he cut a decent promo that got straight to the point last night without botching, and has had far less opportunities to develop his mic skills than someone like Reigns. Does that count? Also shame on you for continuing to berate a Swiss dude for a slip-up when speaking in a non-native language. The 'cism in this thread has reach critical mass. Can you speak in five different languages? Didn't think so.

4uNsv.gif

galvatron

Ms. Elizabeth: NWO oh my god New world Organization. Look at the ring holy shit this is the best thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

You left out:

Galvatron: Got damn that dude rushing the ring got wrecked. Nobody messes with the bad guy...

Well he cut a decent promo that got straight to the point last night without botching, and has had far less opportunities to develop his mic skills than someone like Reigns. Does that count? Also shame on you for continuing to berate a Swiss dude for a slip-up when speaking in a non-native language. The 'cism in this thread has reach critical mass. Can you speak in five different languages? Didn't think so.

4uNsv.gif

He's in our country, he should learn our language. Has he learned nothing from Zeb?

jred2k

King was probably on high alert. You never know what you're going to get when you give Flair a mic and time. Just ask JR.

Top Bottom