• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
I remember when my wife seen Owens fight CJ Parker and it blew her mind. She couldn't believe a dude of that caliber would move like a cruiserweight.

I want to know what the non-ISEC folks think. Ask her what she thinks of his generous physique.

She thinks he needs to lose weight, haha. I told her that he was actually larger in the past but she didn't care. He also thinks he is crazy "in real life" due to his mannerisms.

She is a big Roman Reigns fan, I think I've said it before in another wrassle thread. And the Usos. She pretty much loved all of the Samoans except Yokozuna, who apparently "didn't count." lol

Gotta admit, having most of my current MOTY contenders in virtually ALL wrestling organizations is pretty awesome. We're in a golden age where excellent wrestling that scratches my itch can seriously come from anywhere, and I'm not instantly turned off by any organization except ROH, but even then I tough it out because there are good things in there.

What are the things you like about ROH? I mean, I assume Dalton Castle is one of them, because he's amazing, but what/who else?

klonere

Banned
My mother hates Kevin Owens, haha. She thinks he is such the bully. I've tried to get her to like him, from bragging about how nice he is in ring, saying that he is from Quebec (we have a lot of family there) and how he speaks fluent French but it doesn't help. I've also tried to get her to watch NXT but she claims that there's no one there that she cares about.

It turns out yesterday I get a call at work from her that started with "Why didn't you tell me Kevin lost his belt!? And who was that guy he fought? I like him a lot." :lol

#deadgiveaway

I remember when my wife seen Owens fight CJ Parker and it blew her mind. She couldn't believe a dude of that caliber would move like a cruiserweight.

You should show her Owens RVD moonsault. That still blows my mind.

Cagey

Banned
spin's mom can't resist Finn Balor and his 12 pack abs.

My wife hated Roman Reigns and his posing and hairflips because she thought he was some southern white biker gang guy who probably had a Confederate flag bumper sticker on his pickup.

Then she found out he's not, and that he's actually part Samoan, and now she's all up on the War Wagon.

You know what Total Divas needs: The Undertaker.

In character.

This would be amazing. And the ramp in NXT is shorter so it won't take as long, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

CJ Parker has some moves, he's impressive. That, and his pumpkin booty will bring in ass-appreciating fans and older hetero ladies.

She thinks he needs to lose weight, haha.

It is what it is.

What are the things you like about ROH? I mean, I assume Dalton Castle is one of them, because he's amazing, but what/who else?

As terrible a human as they can be, I enjoy the Briscoes because they are still tapped into this little gasp of kayfabe left in the world that makes me really believe they are "Redneck Scary" - if any of you live in a country-ass area you've seen those folks. They're unpredictable and even though they're laughing and smiling they can do that while they kill you. Real rednecks are terrifying. Not "country boys" but REAL ASS REDNECKS. Terrifying folks. I enjoy their matches. Especially the little one.

There's a few other things too, I like some of the matchups they give. Not all though...

spin's mom can't resist Finn Balor and his 12 pack abs.

My wife hated Roman Reigns and his posing and hairflips because she thought he was some southern white biker gang guy who probably had a Confederate flag bumper sticker on his pickup.

Then she found out he's not, and that he's actually part Samoan, and now she's all up on the War Wagon.

This would be amazing. And the ramp in NXT is shorter so it won't take as long, too.
Roman Reigns is stealing all of the women. I can still see him as a mega star in a few years. Not that he isn't big right now, but he's still real young.

It is what it is.
Whenever a wrestler wrestles in a shirt or wears one for too long, she always mentions that someone's covering up. So whenever I see that comment on the internet, I laugh even more.

Is Rhyno still doing that in NXT?

jmdajr

My mother hates Kevin Owens, haha. She thinks he is such the bully. I've tried to get her to like him, from bragging about how nice he is in ring, saying that he is from Quebec (we have a lot of family there) and how he speaks fluent French but it doesn't help. I've also tried to get her to watch NXT but she claims that there's no one there that she cares about.

It turns out yesterday I get a call at work from her that started with "Why didn't you tell me Kevin lost his belt!? And who was that guy he fought? I like him a lot." :lol

He just looks like someone you could easily hate.

Just look at him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever a wrestler wrestles in a shirt or wears one for too long, she always mentions that someone's covering up. So whenever I see that comment on the internet, I laugh even more.

Is Rhyno still doing that in NXT?

yeah, so is Owens. I always get a little chuckle whenever he's in the ring and Cena or whoever takes off his shirt and he leaves. I always just assume he's too ashamed to do the same and leaves.

GTwXx1P.jpg

You're never going to lose weight if you don't stick with it, Kevin.

jmdajr

yeah, so is Owens. I always get a little chuckle whenever he's in the ring and Cena or whoever takes off his shirt and he leaves. I always just assume he's too ashamed to do the same and leaves.

GTwXx1P.jpg

You're never going to lose weight if you don't stick with it, Kevin.

Maybe he's just working on the muscle to one day just burst through those fat layers.

mTIWM.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe he's just working on the muscle to one day just burst through those fat layers.

mTIWM.jpg

Those are Bob Sapp abs. He was at something like 330 lbs in Japan at one point AND HAD A SIX PACK. Fucking crazy, the stuff he was on. Just insane.

Sephzilla

Morning friends.

My girlfriend told me that when I get her an engagement ring that I should get her something silly/geeky and save the expensive fancy ring for the actual wedding. Now I'm tumbling down the rabbit hole of silly rings.

jmdajr

Morning friends.

My girlfriend told me that when I get her an engagement ring that I should get her something silly/geeky and save the expensive fancy ring for the actual wedding. Now I'm tumbling down the rabbit hole of silly rings.

I gave my wife a this

RingPopcherry-300x300.jpg

and then the real ring was in my pocket

-$3500.00 :\

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Morning friends.

Tell her to put that shit out of her mind forever, because getting married is a TRAP.

Cagey

Banned

Hah, I think the same thing.

Owens: I will kick your ass, Cena
Cena: Oh yeah?
Owens: Yeah!
Cena: Well, if you want some...
Owens: oh no, this is where he takes his shirt off, it happens every time... it's just not fair, I mean... does he even eat ice cream or pizza... does he brush his teeth with Dianabol?
Cena: ...then come...
Owens: maybe I should take my shirt off too this time, show him whose boss... yeah! you know what, I've been hitting the gym recently!... caught my triceps in the mirror yesterday, I saw that horseshoe poking through... I'm looking good! yeah let's do this Cena!
Owens: no no he's reach for the bottom of his shirt again, there's the abs, those god damn abs... should I take my shirt off... no no no I can't
Cena: ... GET SOME!
Owens: :( :( :( I should leave the ring

Hah, I think the same thing.

Owens: I will kick your ass, Cena
Cena: Oh yeah?
Owens: Yeah!
Cena: Well, if you want some...
Owens: oh no, this is where he takes his shirt off, it happens every time... it's just not fair, I mean... does he even eat ice cream or pizza... does he brush his teeth with Dianabol?
Cena: ...then come...
Owens: maybe I should take my shirt off too this time, show him whose boss... yeah! you know what, I've been hitting the gym recently!... caught my triceps in the mirror yesterday, I saw that horseshoe poking through... I'm looking good! yeah let's do this Cena!
Owens: no no he's reach for the bottom of his shirt again, there's the abs, those god damn abs... should I take my shirt off... no no no I can't
Cena: ... GET SOME!
Owens: :( :( :( I should leave the ring

****1/2, great post.

This is the real reason he hates Sami Zayn; he doesn't want to be Sami's designated fat friend.

Between spindashing's mom's reactions to Kevin Owens and Self Conscious Kevin Owens, it's been a good WrassleGAF morning.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cena seems to have a touch of this as well, or maybe that 2K15 photo of him is just weird. And Kane, obviously.

He's in incredible shape, Cener. Really a hell of a physique.

Sapp on the other hand was on all sorts of fun stuff getting put inside of his body (except penises I believe, which are said to be fun) and had an insane amount of muscle dipped in fat.

RP912

Banned
#deadgiveaway

You should show her Owens RVD moonsault. That still blows my mind.

She seen that and the powerbomb that he gave Sami Zayn. The first thing she said..."I want him on my Facebook!".

CJ Parker has some moves, he's impressive. That, and his pumpkin booty will bring in ass-appreciating fans and older hetero ladies.

She can't get over the fact that he's Vader's son. She expected him to be like his dad, but not the complete opposite :/. She did enjoy that palm thrust he gave Owens though.

After watching Dominion, I want to be in Shibata shape.

I did have the same questions about why Sakuraba wears a shirt during his matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She can't get over the fact that he's Vader's son. She expected him to be like his dad, but not the complete opposite :/. She did enjoy that palm thrust he gave Owens though.

...whauh? Parker isn't Vader's son.

Is he? WTF. Now I need to make sure. I didn't think he was!

EDIT: Whew, he's not. I thought I was...where's the gif
DEfnmbE.jpg

kiguel182

I love the wrestler but I hate him when he is in the ring.

Guy is an ass. He almost killed his best friend!

When's the last time they had a non coward heel. Even Brock ran from time to time.

It's kind of sad that the best champ in the company right now is John Cena. He has made that U.S. Title look good and he's had some great matches doing it. It's going to mean something when the belt changes hands.

I know people hate Cena when he is on top but he's been perfect in his current role and shows why he's the WWE's go to guy.

jmdajr

What other long career wrestler can you think of that made you go....

"You know what..I don't hate that guy no more."

Not that I ever hated Cena, but folks have let off.

Sephzilla

It's kind of sad that the best champ in the company right now is John Cena. He has made that U.S. Title look good and he's had some great matches doing it. It's going to mean something when the belt changes hands.

I know people hate Cena when he is on top but he's been perfect in his current role and shows why he's the WWE's go to guy.

Yes Cena has elevated the US belt, but at the same time the only reason the US title has been elevated is because creative gives more attention to detail to any Cena storyline. In other words, I don't think anyone else would get the same opportunity to elevate a title like Cena has.

That being said Cena's US Title run has been fun aside from utterly destroying Rusev. I'd like to see if Cena can lift the IC Title's curse.

klonere

Banned
The next Cena Owens match has to be laid out differently right? They can't possibly hope to top the finisher spam of the last couple of bouts. Coupled with 30 minute main event from Raw they'll have to do something else??

Basically

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

Sephzilla

The finisher spam matches of Owens/Cena have been entertaining as fuck but they absolutely can't do it a third time.

I feel Rusev gave the U.S. title a lift even before hew got involved with Cena.

I'd also agree with this, Rusev is just as responsible for the US Title's elevation as Cena is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel Rusev gave the U.S. title a lift even before hew got involved with Cena.

I agree, both of them have been fantastic champions as far as raising its prestige. It's sort of turning into a TV Title - defended EVERY Raw.

Fox318

Monday TV ratings

Code:
Show				Net		Time		Viewers (000) (Live + SD)	Adult 18-49 Rating (Live + SD)
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA 4	VH1		8:00 PM		2939				1.6
RETURN OF THE GREAT WHITE	DISC		9:00 PM		3149				1.4
ALIEN SHARKS: CLOSE		DISC		10:01 PM	2880				1.3
WWE ENTERTAINMENT		USA		9:00 PM		3689				1.2
WWE ENTERTAINMENT		USA		10:00 PM	3615				1.2
WWE ENTERTAINMENT		USA		8:00 PM		3637				1.2

Got my haircut today and halfway through the process I realised that my barber was wearing A Roman Reigns shirt, thus this may be the biggest push my hair has gotten in years, believe that.

Fox318

No huge third hour drop should at least be seen as a plus.

honestly having the main event angle at 9 then a compelling match at the end of the show might be the best format.

People get the main angle and they probably won't change the channel if a match is good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got my haircut today and halfway through the process I realised that my barber was wearing A Roman Reigns shirt, thus this may be the biggest push my hair has gotten in years, believe that.

Did you tip your barber? You can tell him "and I'll tip generously...BALEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DAT"

Did you tip your barber? You can tell him "and I'll tip generously...BALEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DAT"
It's the UK, we're too stingy to tip.
Maybe I briefly considered it but then noticed one of the dudes tattoo was of a NSMB Luigi render and I thought "sufferin sucotash son!" and decided against it.
Is your hair now permanently wet?

Did he pour three bottles of water on your hair after for the Roman look?
Unfortunately I don't have the long luscious locks to warrant the wet stuff.

Did your barber communicate in nursery rhymes?
No but now you mention it the other barber there had a Bray Wyatt like beard, I'm now surprised the moment before the finishing touch was put on my hair the whole place didn't go dark ,"BLERP" and then light back up with my barber laid out in a pile of hair as the other one laughs manically.

When you asked him for your cut, did he say, "I can; I will"?

He was more of a "hit hard, hit often" guy, or so the shirt tells me.

Top Bottom